Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lean On Pete (2018)
Topic Started: Apr 30 2018, 01:31 PM (126 Views)
Fantomas
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
Lean On Pete is a beautiful, gripping, emotionally draining film that will probably disappear as soon as you read this, so if it's playing near you, see it quick. A teenage boy, living on the bottom rung of the economy, gets a job with a grouchy guy who owns some low-level race horses. You may think you know where the film is going, but the fact that the horse owner is played by Steve Buscemi rather than Robert Duvall should give you a hint that this one will take off in a different direction. It is not a typical boy and his horse movie, to say the least--one moment was so harrowing that two elderly women sitting near me screamed out loud.
So many people complain about that there's no one to care about in some films.
Believe me, in Lean On Pete you will care about this kid. He's played by an actor named Charlie Plummer, who is certainly going on to a major career.
Key line: "When you got no place else to go, you're sort of stuck."
"For life is short, but death is long."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Frank Hale
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
"So many people are saying that I'm the greatest President ever complain about that there's no one to care about in some films."

Presumably you saw the Fox MOMA retrospective announcement. Wish I were there.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Nouvelle Balcony · Next Topic »
Add Reply