Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to JGames Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Web Radio Stations; Listen to music as you use the forum...
Topic Started: Nov 8 2006, 01:24 PM (2,220 Views)
JGames
Member Avatar
Mega Man!!!

This first post will list all known radio stations thus far and sites with music files. If you know of one, please post a link to it in this thread and it will be edited into this first post as soon as is possible. Without further ado, here is the list:

[size=9]Web Radio Stations[/size]

AM = Low Bandwidth, in most cases
FM = High Bandwidth, in most cases

AOL Radio - 200+ Radio Stations
AOL's Web page has a list over 200 radio stations to listen to.

Christmas Stations
Contains a list of various Christmas Radio Stations that feature select songs.

FineTune Player for the Wii
Allows you to listen to music through the internet channel on your Wii or your computer.

KEZ's All Christmas Station
Plays constant Christmas music for your enjoyment.

Energy Arizona 92.7/101.1 FM
Energy Arizona is a techno station for Arizona.

Kiss FM 104.7
Plays the Hits of today. Consists mostly of Rap, and Hip Hop type music though.

K Love Radio
Positive and Encouraging Christian music.

KMLE Country 108 FM
Listen to country music from the camel. You will need to be a member in order to listen to their station however.

KDKB 93.3
93.3 plays "Everything that Rocks". Mostly rock music.

98 KUPD
98 KUPD plays current day rock. A membership is required in order to listen to them however.

KWSN Sports Radio AM 1230
KWSN is a sports talk station located in South Dakota.

LastFM
Similar to the Pandora and Project Playlist websites. It calculates your favorite genres and then plays music based on what you seem to like. You will need an account to use this.

Latino Vibe 95.1 FM
Latino Vibe plays many Latino based songs and sometimes hit US songs translated into Spanish.

Pandora
You enter the name of a song or artist and it will play songs that are similar to your search.

Power 98.3
Known for its Hip Hop base of music. Listen to it live.

Project Playlist
Similar to the Pandora website above. This site allows you to search and use songs.

98.9 The Bear
Plays current day rock. Sometimes metal when a certain DJ is on show.

Radio Blog Club
Listen to any song that you can possibly think of. You will need an account to play the songs or you can use the forum account instead. The login name is JGames and the password is jbob.

Radio Nintendo
Plays various tracks from Nintendo video games. It has an AM and a FM station for your use.

Rockman Rush
Plays Mega Man music from all series. It has an AM and a FM station to listen to.

Sega Sonic Radio
Plays Sonic and Sonic Team music. It has an AM and a FM station to listen to.

The Edge 103.9
The Edge plays a mix of rock (Alternative Rock). You can stream their station using Real Player, Windows Media Player or Quicktime.

TPH Mega Man Radio
The Protoman Homepage's radio station. Plays a variety of Mega Man music.

Windows Media Radio Stations
WindowsMedia.com has just about every radio station imaginable.

Yahoo's Many Music Stations
Choose from a variety of radio stations provided by Yahoo.

Zelda Reorchestrated
This page has several Zelda stations to listen all of which are orchestrated music.

[size=9]Sites with Music Files[/size]

Most of the following links will have mp3 format music files.

Aganazzar's Video Game mp3s
Aganazzar offers a bunch of video game mp3s for download. So if you couldn't find something somewhere else, you might as well check here.

Altavista Audio Search
Search for any mp3 you would like using this search engine provided by Altavista.

Flash Flash Revolution's mp3 Song Downloads
There is a great variety of songs to download in mp3 format at Flash Flash Revolution's website. Check it out.

F-Zero GX music files
This site has many of the music files to F-Zero GX all of which are in mp3 format.

Galbadia Hotel
This site has just about every video game sound track imaginable with the majority of its files in mp3 format.

Jeff van Dyck's created Video Game Music
This site has a collection of Jeff's composed music and features Rome: Total War's mp3 files.

Kingdom Hearts Insider
This site is basically a mirror of Galbadia Hotel and has music to many different videogames in mp3 format.

Kidbomb's Domain
Kidbomb's Domain features many mp3s from some of the more popular games on the Gamecube system.

Mega Man Music
This web page contains mp3s to every Mega Man game that Capcom has created.

The Mega Man Network
This web page contains mp3s for most of the Mega Man games and will eventually have all of the mp3s from every Mega Man game once Atomic Fire has transferred all of its files to this site. The link directly above should not work anymore so use this one instead.

Metroid Metal
Metroid Metal has Metroid music available in mp3 format.

Over Clocked Remix
Over Clocked has a lot of good video game remixes. Go to the Goldeneye 007 page for an example. They are all provided in mp3 format as well.

OverLooked Remix
OverLooked Remix contains random, sometimes witty and sometimes terrible remixes of video game songs.

Second Sight mp3 files - Free Radical
Download the song files to the video game titled Second Sight all of which are in mp3 format.

Sound-Test
Has many video soundtracks to download for free in the mp3 format.

Super Mario Legacy
Has mp3s of Mario related games.

TimeSplitters mp3 files - Free Radical
Download the song files to the video game titled TimeSplitters for the original Play Station all of which are in mp3 format.

TimeSplitters 2 mp3 files - Free Radical
Download the song files to the video game titled TimeSplitters 2 all of which are in mp3 format.

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect mp3 files - Free Radical
Download the song files to the video game titled TimeSplitters: Future Perfect all of which are in mp3 format.

TimeSplitters Music Box
This site has mp3 files for every TimeSplitters game that has been created up until now.

TPH Music
The Protoman Homepage features tons of mp3s for many different video game titles.

VGMusic
VGMusic has just about every video game MIDI you can imagine.

Video Game Music Preservation Foundation
This site contains many video game music files. Most being in their original format.

Were Wolf Domain
Were Wolf Domain has a ton of mp3s that they have created. They varie from trance, techno, dance, to hardcore. Most songs lack lyrics. It's worth a try since they are all completely free.

X-Formz
X-Formz has about 30 mp3s in total all of which are from video games. Mostly just C64 games, but they have other systems as well such as the NES.

[size=9]Sites That Sell Songs[/size]

eMusic
eMusic sells songs in mp3 format and even has a free 14 day trial offer.

iTunes
iTunes sells songs in mp3 format so that you can put them on CDs or your mp3 players.

Rhapsody
Rhapsody is another type of mp3 player brand that offers music downloads through its site.

Zune.net
Buy songs from Microsofts version of iTunes.

[size=9]Music Videos[/size]

MSN Music Videos
Similar to Yahoo in that it contains tons of music videos.

Yahoo Music Videos
Yahoo's page has tons of music videos for your viewing pleasure.
My Competitive Gaming Profile
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
"Always make the best of life's situations."
KHI Game Soundtracks
Galbadia Hotel Game Soundtracks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Luigi034
Member Avatar
Protonate this!

Too bad they're cracking down on that il...uh...yeah...
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit."

JGames
Member Avatar
Mega Man!!!

These stations aren't illegal. Yahoo's is paid for and the video game ones are free. The video game ones are allowed because there was no soundtrack released for the games that they play in their radio station.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
KHI Game Soundtracks

Luigi034
Member Avatar
Protonate this!

JGames
Nov 8 2006, 07:12 PM
These stations aren't illegal.  Yahoo's is paid for and the video game ones are free.  The video game ones are allowed because there was no soundtrack released for the games that they play in their radio station.

No, these are legal. But the old music I listened to...at least I didn't download any. Anyway, my sources have been cut off. Guess I'm back to listening to the Rome: Total War soundtrack. There's this giant DAT file in the data folder that can be opened by the media player. :D I also burned a bunch of LOTR and Star Wars music - which I legally bought - onto my hard drive.

Wait...there really is a soundtrack?

JGames
Member Avatar
Mega Man!!!

Luigi034
Nov 8 2006, 07:15 PM
JGames
These stations aren't illegal.  Yahoo's is paid for and the video game ones are free.  The video game ones are allowed because there was no soundtrack released for the games that they play in their radio station.

No, these are legal. But the old music I listened to...at least I didn't download any. Anyway, my sources have been cut off. Guess I'm back to listening to the Rome: Total War soundtrack. There's this giant DAT file in the data folder that can be opened by the media player. :D I also burned a bunch of LOTR and Star Wars music - which I legally bought - onto my hard drive.

Thanks. I added a new section to the list of music sources above. Check it out. If anyone knows any sites with music files (preferrably mp3), please post those as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
KHI Game Soundtracks

Calamariman
Member Avatar
Let There Be Rock!
[ *  * ]
Pandora Internet Music

This site takes an Artist or Song that you choose, then it chooses the next song according to the genre of your first pick.

For instance, I type in "Led Zeppelin" for my artist, then the next artist that comes up is...Cream, a close match of classic rock and blues.

Pretty neat program, sort of similar to the Yahoo Radio thing.

And just like it, you can only skip so many songs before you can't skip any more.
Posted Image

JGames
Member Avatar
Mega Man!!!

Thanks. That is an awesome site. I edited it into the first post.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
KHI Game Soundtracks

Luigi034
Member Avatar
Protonate this!

Luigi034
JGames

Hahaha...I didn't mean for you to put it up there, but if you're looking for video game music composers, there are a lot out there. Just do a google search.

JGames
Member Avatar
Mega Man!!!

Luigi034
Nov 10 2006, 03:29 PM
Luigi034
JGames

Hahaha...I didn't mean for you to put it up there, but if you're looking for video game music composers, there are a lot out there. Just do a google search.

I was just adding to the collection up there...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
KHI Game Soundtracks

JGames
Member Avatar
Mega Man!!!

If you haven't noticed recently, there is a huge list of stations and sites with music file downloads up there for everyone to use. If you know of anymore web radio stations or know of any sites with music files that are not already listed, please post them for everyone's use.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
KHI Game Soundtracks

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Media and Technology · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates:

JGames TimeSplitters Time Portal My Games Now JDonalds PC Quadkill Dave Mirra 2 Glitches