Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Noveltellus. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Only a simple Favor.; Chirp-chirp
Topic Started: Jan 12 2013, 08:37 PM (881 Views)
Silverfeather
Member Avatar
Ninja lurker
Paperwork. It was boring, tedious, but a necessary part of running a wing. Things had to be filed, approved and sent off. As much as Tir knew it was an important duty to be had, didn't mean the job wasn't boring. But Tir wasn't going to complain. She had worked hard to get done, and there were other things to be done, and she felt like she was over-swamped.

Maybe a break will do you good.

Tir stopped, and looked up at the ceiling. To her, the voice did sound almost as if Venick had been in the room with her, however, it was only through their bond. It was one of the things she had to get used when they first bonded. She knew about it, but reading it, and actually experiencing it were too different things.

But there are things that need to be done. And there are places I need to investigate as well. I can't do this, with all the paper work i have.

Do you physically have to be there?

Another good question. Not only did she want to make sure that the area in question wouldn't bring in surprises in; rumors from those who hunted out in that area also brought things about something out there, though with it circulating through her own wing, she wanted to make sure.

I would take that as a not really. She felt him snort. So send someone out for you.

Tir pursued her lips together. She wanted to have this taken care of soon as possible and with most of her scouts already preoccupied. she didn't want to pull them when it could be just turn out to be a migrated predator that had decided to lurk.

She could feel Venick sigh, amused. There is also Ithilwen. She might be in the area.

True. Ithilwen after bonding, left to travel the world; refusing to join a wing instead choosing to wander the lands; offering herself as a freelancer. Not that Tir looked down at her for it, not everyone was meant to be in a wing. Occasionally she envied Ithilwen's ability to travel as she pleased. However; She would know these forests just as well from the scouts, and it was merely a simple investigation.

So, Finding a blank paper, she quickly sent out the bird with a note asking for assistance and a promise of a reward. Once she watched the bird fly off, she decided to eat before returning to her paperwork while she awaited a reply.
| Tirwethiel and Lightning Venick | Helios and Water/Luck Benzaiten and Daikokuten. | Opt-in | Kethrin Valdri and Ice Takura |Axilya Nexxian and Spirit/Seraphic Nogitsune | - | Merinitheil Saliel and Steam Kumonryo | Rurik Merceir: Candidate |
-slot- -slot-
-slot- -slot-

Other links[/align][align=center]Thread of A Feather :||: Feather's Inventory

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chirpadee
Unregistered

It was true and lucky. Ithilwen had been in the area. She had been resting near a lake deep in the woods when the bird found her. She had been laying on her back staring at the sky. The sun had been making its slow journey towards its apex and a slow rolling cumulonimbus grew tall and fat in the distance. There would be a storm later that night she could feel it in her bones. It would pull the trees and rattle their branches. Eldingar would love it. The feathered messenger swung over her head and she squinted her eyes. “Friend of yours Eldingar?” She asked and pushed herself upright. Her legs crossed and she waited for the bird to descend.

Eldingar had been sprawled out on his side half asleep. They had been here more than two hours and he had grown bored of Ithilwen’s vigil of the sky. So earlier her had decided to nap instead. His wing drooped over his side and his head tucked beneath it. From time to time he would grumble, or mutter but otherwise he was oblivious to the world. The sun played across his deeply colored scales, showing better the contrast in the colors of his hide. The rolling colors mimicked the forming clouds like a reflecting pool. Her words roused the great dragon though. Slowly his wing retreated until his face was exposed and the lid lifted on one great eye. His pupil contracted as he glowered at the small feathered creature and he scowled, “Why would I know some carrier hawk? Do I look like some trained pet?”

She fixed him in a serious stare that cut his sarcasm short. With a small shake of her head she held out her arm where the bird lighted gently. Curiosity evident on her features she pulled free the message. The hawk clicked its beak once then launched free and the messenger was gone as quickly as he came. She unrolled the parchment and read silently. It had been a while since she had seen her own language written and it felt comforting, like greeting an old friend. Carefully she rose and dusted her clothing.

Eldingar was interested. As her eyes swept the note he gazed at her fragile form and worried what might be contained within. Letters meant less time lazing about and often threw Ithilwen close to danger. His nostrils flared at the idea and he rolled to his claws. She had that look settling into her features though, the one that told him she would hear none of his complaints. So instead he strode to her side and lowered his chest towards the ground. A foreleg extended and he sunk lower until he practically laid himself on the ground at her feet.

Ithilwen placed both hands on his lowered neck and leaned in until her forehead brushed his scales. She could feel the energy coursing through him. All that pent up static that threatened to warp the world around him into a tempest. She placed a kiss on his neck and then pressed away. It was pure compassion in that moment. She let him know they were safe and she had nothing to fear. Their bond pulsated with the peace the moment brought them. “It is just a favor from one of the wing leaders. She calls us home.” With ease she slipped into the saddle, his bow making it rather easy. “We are not more than an hour’s flight.”

At this Eldin perked up. “You are willingly returning? I thought you said anywhere in the forest, but the city.” He rumbled contently despite his complaints.

“Well I did not have a reason prior, now we do.”

He rose to his full height and turned back to the clearing. He took to galloping along the lake edge, gaining speed. His wings unfurled and he flung himself over the water. Each flap sent ripples of light over his wings, as if they themselves were a brewing storm. The water below became a tumult with the air his mighty wings kicked up. They ascended over the trees and shot towards their destination. Eldingar was fast as the storms he embodied and as he flew it seemed the air charged with his passing, small bursts of light erupted from the clouds overhead, along with tiny echos of thunder as they threatened to become storms themselves. The dragon’s shadow rippled across the uneven surface of the trees beneath them.

Eldingar knew the route well and it took less time than his rider had expected. The lightning flew fast to gain their home soil sooner. He enjoyed their solitary life, but he longed for his hatching grounds far more than his bonded. He lighted upon one of the main walks at a steady lope and slowed to a walk soon after. His great head rose and he thrummed softly in his chest. His satisfaction flowed through the bond and Ithilwen knew she had been to long gone. She had been ignoring her companion’s needs. In the future she would need to better notice the things he tried to keep from her. He lowered himself once more and she slipped from his back. Together they walked, side by side through the streets until she reached the building shaped for the wings.

Aldingar slumped outside; he stretched languidly, like a cat, and dropped his great head onto his claws. “I will wait for you here Ilwen. I will be here for all you need.” He looked at her carefully, assured of her safety in the walls of the city. Here he always knew she was safe. The city of the elves was beyond harm for now. Here they could be safe.

She bowed her head and ran a hand softly over his shoulder, “I will return when I am finished or we decide to come for a turn.” With that Ithilwen slipped inside and wove her way up to the office of Tirwethiel. She knocked on the door then entered collectedly. A small smile formed on the corner of her lips. She had been invited to this wing shortly after her graduation, for she was proficient in her training and had skill where it counted. Even though she had rejected the offer she felt confident Tir was one of her favored wing leaders. After all the elder woman though a bit more freely then the others.

“Greetings Tirwethiel. You were lucky I was nearby. You requested my presence?”
Quote Post Goto Top

Silverfeather
Member Avatar
Ninja lurker
Tir smiled as she looked up to see Ithilwen. It was a pleasant and polite smile and she hid her surprise to see her well. She hadn't expected her to be this close to Iaramira, but then, she was thankful she was, she could get this done faster and ease her mind that they are nothing but rumors.

"Greetings Ithilwen. It's a pleasure to see you again. How has life been treating you?" She greeted, standing to greet the other before offering her a seat in front of her desk. "I would have imagined you to be south by the coast." She moved papers to the side, neatly stacked and in order. She folded her long fingers together.

"I did, i have a simple favor to ask, and since you know these forests as well as any us, i was wondering if you were up for a small scouting mission." To the point, that was how she operated. Not too much small talk in between but enough to be polite and friendly.

She found a piece of paper, and glanced over it. "To the northwest of the city, there has been rumors of something..abnormal lurking around the area. Hunters come back with stories, claiming to have seen something; but I have no evidence to dispel or prove. It could be something, or it could be a predator that has migrated from the upper north. I was wondering if you would be willing to go and check it out and come back and tell me of anything abnormal is going on. I would send out my own scouts or go myself, but we have other, higher priorities to take care of first." She smiled. "I will be willing to pay you whatever it is you require for such a simple task."
| Tirwethiel and Lightning Venick | Helios and Water/Luck Benzaiten and Daikokuten. | Opt-in | Kethrin Valdri and Ice Takura |Axilya Nexxian and Spirit/Seraphic Nogitsune | - | Merinitheil Saliel and Steam Kumonryo | Rurik Merceir: Candidate |
-slot- -slot-
-slot- -slot-

Posted Image

Chirpadee
Unregistered

Ithilwen smiled and shrugged. “We go where the wind takes us and that is enough for us. There is much of the world to see before I consign myself to a stationary life.” She shrugged. “Though it suits you far better than me it seems.” She bowed her head politely. Though her observation brought a small smile to her face. “We will be, we fly as the storms roll, it will not take us more than a few days to cross to the warmer climates. I was feeling nostalgic and decided to visit a favored childhood haunt.” That being said Ithilwen was not much more than a child in the eyes of her people. Then again one could develop many childhood haunts in 300 years.

Ithilwen looked a little shocked at the news. “That all? A little disturbance in the forest.”

She considered a moment when Eldingar’s voice invaded her mind. ’It sounds dangerous my heart take care.’

Ithilwen responded quickly, the inturuption not reflecting upon her face, ’Be at ease mine, I will have you to protect me.’

’Yes because I am the answer to all danger. I suppose I am rather good at what I do, but that does not mean we must fling ourselves into danger. We could head to the south and bask in the sun, perhaps ride a hurricane.’ He near thrummed at the thought.

’We will go and once we are done, we will travel south. It will hold us up maybe a day at most.’

Aldingar grumbled within her mind but fell silent, there was no fighting logic, or Ilwen when she got her mind wrapped around something.

She nodded quietly, “Yes we can do that for you. Do you think it is anything serious? Are there any descriptions of the creature from those who have seen it?”
Quote Post Goto Top

Silverfeather
Member Avatar
Ninja lurker
It was not lost on Tir that she was slightly shocked that they were chasing after rumors. But the rumors weren't dying down, and more kept coming back. Each echoing the same--there was something out there. Of course, Elves weren't defenseless entirely; it was just that it never seemingly stayed in one spot for long, and reports varied that it had attacked or it had fled and she was rather annoyed at it. She also didn't want young ones wanting to go look for it for a 'thrill' and end up actually getting themselves hurt, and she just wanted to put the rumors to rest so that they could focus on more important things, like what would they do if the war reached them? She kept her face passive and straight, listening to her.

"I realize how it sounds, but not only is it circulating in my own wing, more reports keep coming back--all more or less saying the same thing." She gave her a soft smile. "And i would go myself, but, as you can see, I'm a bit swamped with paperwork." She gestured slightly offhandedly to the papers that were now neatly stacked.

She found another peace of paper, and skimmed it quickly when Ithilwen asked her questions. "I do not how serious it is, but if it is something and it starts terrorizing people, it will be, and I would like all the information i can on it to stop it if it reaches that point--which I'm hoping it won't come to that." She looked back to her.

"From the gathered rumors and reports directed straight at me, It varies between canine-like and boar like. None have gotten a good look at it truly, though some have claimed to have been already attacked, none were harmed however." She handed the paper over that had the varied descriptions from first-hand witnesses, for Tir was always thorough in her work, going straight to the people who came back from the area, or they had come to her.
-slot- -slot-
-slot- -slot-

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Iaramira · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Dark Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone