Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Noveltellus. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sudden Storms; Sojourn
Topic Started: Dec 29 2016, 07:19 PM (273 Views)
Thalron
Member Avatar
Shockingly Shocking

The day had been sunny, clear, warm and rather humid. Not an unusual setting for Aesulla, a land that was used to tropical weather. It did not stay that way though, a storm had sprung up, blanketing the land with thick and dark storm clouds that seemed to have emerged from the vast grasslands near the city. It wasn't unusual for storms to race in to the area, carried on swift winds, but the fact that the air was calm, and the storm radiated, and crawled its way across the sky definitely gave many a dragon pause.

It was certainly unnatural, and to cover such an area so quickly would require teams of storm or weather related dragons working in tandem... Or perhaps a titan with such an affinity. Thunder boomed, and lightning crackled across the clouds ominously. A massive thunderhead forming over the grasslands, with the winds swirling and churning in their own terrifying beauty. It felt like nature had taken on a life of its own, and the raw unbridled power it held could strike at any time. Most dragon left the air soon after it appeared, but many that shared an element with the skies, and crackling lightning seemed drawn up into the skies and revitalized. Even as light rain began to fall on the otherwise warm day.

A few that had survived the crossing from Nondir, and braved their way into the heart of the storm that had formed there would recognize the feeling. The storm, and very air seemed alive with the young titans power, albeit calmer, and without the overbearing fear and anger that had coursed through that devastating maelstrom. The past few weeks, during and after the laying the earth had rumbled and growled as he was taught to better contain his earthen powers, and an unusual amount of storms had been drawn in from the sea. At this point the earth was generally as silent as it normally was, but the storms still seemed to appear at an unusual rate, so perhaps he was practicing the other aspect of his power.

...At least hopefully it was just practice.

| Yu Di - Crystal Dragon | Gurren – Technology | Ve Koy - Dwarf Luck | Ciraquen - Magma Dragon |
| Cauldron - Death/Metal/Fire Dragon | Unipelta - Water Dragon | Averon Nova - Candidate |
|Sonnuk - Sonic/Lightning | | |

| Thalron's Inventory |
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sojourn
Member Avatar
The Wanderer
"Isanne." Synergos' breath ruffled the girl's hair as his head hovered over her. "There is something afoot."

Isanne stirred from where she'd dozed off, tucked against Synergos' chest. The Weather-Nature had felt a stirring to wander the grasslands. He'd been restless since the incident in Nondir. Though they had both pledged to follow Synivox and join the ranks of Etharius, they were still stationed in Aesulla. Synergos had reasoned that if there were eggs to be had, then the gathering of higher powers might be indicative of the future presence of Vicarous and Illirian. Though Isanne herself doubted that the two would be present after so openly spitting in the face of all the titans, and even going so far as nearly murdering Yggdrasil in front of what had been a very public audience, it seemed hard to imagine them being present. But...Terminus had also done his best to make certain that Aesulla wasn't involved in the current matters at hand, so it was really anyone's guess. Perhaps her hopes were merely wishful thinking.

She blinked blearily as she looked up at Syngeros' large ruddy muzzle, which was hovering over her face before it lifted and angled towards the horizon. She heard a distant rumble of thunder and sat up. "Rain?" She asked puzzled, "But it was so sunny..." She trailed off as she saw the attentive look that Synergos was giving it. "What is it?" She asked, wary.

"It feels as if the young Titan is pulling at some very powerful threads." He murmured, watching as a cumulonimbus cloud in the distance built to impressive heights. Isanne could feel her dragon's awe and curiosity. It had been a good while since they had last seen him. After the battle upon the fringes of Nondir's territory, and the unexpected retreat that they had been pulled into, they had seen little of him, at least in such a way that they would have a chance to approach and speak with him.

"I don't know..." Isanne hesitated, sensing her dragon's intent. "The storm seems...rather nasty." She watched a fork of lightning flash across the clouds and heard the rumble some seconds later.

"It is not nearly as bad as it seems." Synergos chuckled. "It is certainly less unbridled than when we first met him. Remember, he is no older than I, if we were born on the same night. His control has grown. I think congratulations on that are in order, at the very least." He leaned down so that his rider could climb up onto his shoulders. They had forsaken a saddle for comfort's sake, and vines twined from blooming tendrils that wound their way through the Weather-Nature's shoulders. Mist and light flakes of snow brushed free of his wings as he shook them out and took the sky, flying towards the storm, keeping a keen eye out and his senses sharp. A Titan would be hard to miss, after all.
|Kahl Therrin and Forest-Glass Hallujuana| Kenina 'Puck' Ira and Forest Oren | Isanne Kethere and Weather-Nature Synergos
Steam-Metal Ironicog Gadolithe | Reid Fintan | Opt-In
| Myre Conovaran | Lucah Delorne and Weather-Water/Forest Bayou |
Thread Tracker | Inventory

Thalron
Member Avatar
Shockingly Shocking

The world was much different from a titan's point of view, not only because they were ridiculously tall, but they also had different senses than most. The feeling Synergos got was a mere inkling of the senses that extended forth from the behemoth in the clouds. He could sense the dragons that were drawn to the sky, and feel the murmurs of thunder and lightning before they even appeared. The cloud wasn't so much an obstacle, or hindrance to his sight than a swirling and flowing crystal clear sea of energy. It was easiest to spot the dragons that were flying around when they used their powers, but even without that he could sense some of them. The power they had within felt linked to his own, at least the ones within a step of his own elements. The others were more muted and dim, but still present.

It was hard to identify individuals though, unless they were of particular power or presence, still he quickly picked up on one of the only natures he had experienced a real connection to. As Synergos took to the air, and escaped the crowded air of the cityscape, the massive creatures ear twitched and he looked over. It was hard to tell for them that anything had changed, due to the random nature of the lightning, but none seemed to appear anywhere near to them anymore... At least for a few minutes.

Then there was the definite crack of lightning that struck not far ahead of them, but unlike most it seemed suspended in place, a pillar of crackling and sparking energy that lead to the heavens. When it finally faded the horizon and grasslands had been replaced by... A gigantic golden horn, a field of blue scales, with two massive glowing gold eyes that seemed transfixed upon them, steam and mist swirled out across his form as the thunder growled and boomed around them. Nothing so large should be able to move like that, it'd take some difficult, though not impossible aerobatics to avoid colliding with the titan who had placed himself ahead of them.

"Boo!" His voice boomed at this distance, but it did shatter some of the terrifying visage that was going on. He had learned that roaring at people lead to heart attacks, permanent deafness, and more often than not sending them tumbling out of the air from the blast.

| Yu Di - Crystal Dragon | Gurren – Technology | Ve Koy - Dwarf Luck | Ciraquen - Magma Dragon |
| Cauldron - Death/Metal/Fire Dragon | Unipelta - Water Dragon | Averon Nova - Candidate |

| Thalron's Inventory |

Sojourn
Member Avatar
The Wanderer
The storm rumbled around them, lightning arcing across the cathedral of clouds in formations that Isanne watched with both awe and wariness. Synergos, she knew, would protect them from the storm’s influences to the best of his capabilities. Though still, she couldn’t help but think back to that moment when they’d first met the Titan Thalron and a white hot bolt of energy had struck him true. The scars still surged across the Weather-Nature’s chest, fine fissures that were visible through his coat. Synergos’ mind brushed against hers in reassurance at the rising fear. Thalron was no longer a scared youth, but rather had grown more capable and now knew more about the world in which the Titan had found himself, or at least, that was how it had seemed over the course of the months. Synergos had cause to believe that he would have little to fear from the Titan in the form of an attack to push them away as before.

As wary of the lightning as Synergos’ was, it was an element that, while he had some sway over, was unpredictable at its nature. The sudden crash of a bolt of bright, searing energy crashing down ahead of them startled both of the pair and he reared back, his elemental pull seizing the winds that swirled in the clouds and using them to push against fanning wings to push him into a backpedal. He had more to be worried about than the lightning bolt as suddenly the massive form of the Titan took it’s place in great shades of royal blue and bright gold and a rather cheeky declaration of ‘boo!’.

Synergos pushed back and managed a twist, his long form folding backwards over itself in a half flip as he righted himself and placed several spans of wingbeats between himself and Thalron so as to avoid what might have been a potential collision. On his back, after suffering the shock of Thalron’s sudden appearance, Isanne had fallen into a fit of shocked laughter. “That was so cool!” she declared. “How did you even do that?!” She called to Thalron as Synergos circled back around a bit closer. The ruffled fur along his tail and the coat of frost along the edges of his muzzle a sign of his own fright even as it faded quickly.

"That was a ah...very interesting trick, indeed." Synergos agreed, and it was true, he was impressed, though he wasn’t the greatest fan of the approach that the Titan had chosen. "What has you out here weaving storms, Thalron?"
|Kahl Therrin and Forest-Glass Hallujuana| Kenina 'Puck' Ira and Forest Oren | Isanne Kethere and Weather-Nature Synergos

Thalron
Member Avatar
Shockingly Shocking

The small dragon before him began to backpedal to avoid colliding, and the titan assisted with a small exhalation of air that ensured there were enough winds to push the other back. Not that it was overly noticeable among Synergos' already pooling of air, though perhaps he might not he had managed to do more so than expected. The titans massive white fangs were visible as he grinned at the two, and his massive ears were perked and alet as he watched the frost appear upon Synergos, and heard the laughter from Isanne. He was glad they hadn't flipped out, that probably meant he was getting better at goofing off and not causing heart attacks! Either that, or they were much harder to frighten than normal people, but either way it was the current situation was a good one.

"This isn't the first time you've seen it, last time I took you with me! Although, at least you didn't get sick today." He said with an amused chortle, one of his massive hands lifted up and moved above them, blocking most of the rain as it came down. He could have done so with his elements, but this was easy enough. "Practice! I keep making small ones by accident, so I'm out here trying to see why..." He trailed off a little bit as he looked up at the storm, he was pretty sure he knew what emotions and such kept surfacing to the point that it manifested out with his elements, but he had stopped the quakes, he was sure he could calm the storms... At least on the outside, which is what mattered the most apparently.

As he stood there lightning struck his horn from time to time, then danced down between the edges of his scales from one end of his body to the other. It was beautiful, and somewhat terrifying to see his massive form appearing in the darkness of the rain and storm randomly. Titans were practically mobile mountains of dragons, and while he was not the most terrifyingly constructed, the way the energy coursed over him seemed to be trying to remind everyone that he was not as childish and safe as he appeared to be. His eyes glowed intensely with energy as well, pure golden orbs which lit up the otherwise dark and blue face around them... His brow furrowed for a moment though, and a bolt of lightning struck his horn at the exact time he seemed to have an epiphany of some sort and looked back down to them.

"OH! I'm Thalron, which I guess.. Most people know... But uhm, what're your names?" He asked with his grin becoming a bit more goofy looking again. He was not the best at introductions, not because he was /bad/ at them, but because everyone knew him so sometimes he'd just forget to do them at all.

| Thalron's Inventory |

Sojourn
Member Avatar
The Wanderer
Synergos finished circling around and seeing Thalron raise a paw to block the rain, decided it would be best to shelter beneath that, angling his wings and nodding in thanks to the Titan for his thoughtfulness. It was winter after all even if it had been a pleasant day, and the last thing he wanted was for his bonded to catch ill because he'd been thoughtless in pursuing the Titan into the storm clouds. "That's true, but there's a difference between experiencing and seeing a phenomenon, I think." Synergos said mildly, grimacing at the memory. "I also wasn't particularly...aware...at that moment either." He added, his tone somewhat self-conscious. They'd all been a bit reckless. He was lucky to have gotten out as unscathed as he had.

"It was a doozy of a trip." Isanne said from his shoulders. "You probably would have thrown up. A couple did. My ears were ringing for two days as it was." She shrugged apologetically at Thalron, though she was still smiling. "Small storms?" she looked around her. "Uhm....is this small?" She asked uncertainly. She realized that perspective of what was large or small was likely very different to a Titan, and their powers were likely more vast than she had the ability to imagine. Synergos she knew, was strong, but she could only imagine it would be a grain of sand to a desert if she were to compare their elemental capabilities.

"Perhaps..." Synergos paused, cut off by a bolt of lightning catching Thalron's horn. The Weather-Nature was slightly taken aback at the dragon's non-chalant handling of such a powerful element striking him, though perhaps that was merely because his previous experience had been less than stellar. "Ahem....perhaps it is a control issue? Do storms arise when you feel particular emotions? I know sometimes my coat will frost or catch fire under certain circumstances." he inquired. He felt Isanne prepared to make a comment about his 'fear frost' but she refrained, and he simply flicked an ear gratefully.

The introduction took them aback, but the pair quickly realized, what with the incident that had occurred upon their meeting...they'd never introduced themselves. Of course, Thalron, being a Titan was nearly an instant overnight celebrity, but they'd not had a chance to speak to him since. "Oh, I'm so sorry I guess we never got to tell you. But...a lot was happening." Isanne frowned. "But...anyway. I'm Isanne! Isanne Kethere."

"And I am Weather-Nature Synergos Varmāo. It's a pleasure to meet you, officially, Thalron." Synergos introduced himself in turn.

Thalron
Member Avatar
Shockingly Shocking

Thalron tilted his head to keep an eye on them as they circled partially, an amused rumble in his chest, which sounded like boulders churning in against themselves. It was strangely powerful for such a light emotive. He did frown a little bit when Synergos said that he wasn't particularly aware when that happened, but then looked a little bit sheepish about the whole thing. It wasn't the favourite memory for him either, for a great many of reasons. He took a half step forward, then leaned closer to them, his massive muzzle blotting out the forward view as he very gently nosed Synergos' chest, and then without much warning gave a gigantic lick that felt like it would almost pull him into those titanic jaws- but didn't. Instead he was temporarily plastered to the dragons face, though the lick mostly went over the lightning-scars, which he could feel tingle and pulse briefly with energy, as if some part of the attack had remained within the nature dragon.

"I'm really sorry I hurt you, it was... Umm... I didn't know people were so easy to injure." His ears had flattened and were folded more tightly against his head and neck when he apologized, seemingly unaware of the damage he may have just done to the others dignity. "Maybe next time you won't throw up! And uh, this is a bigger storm. I figure if I make a really big one, I can try to feel what it is that makes it appear." He nodded a little bit when it was said that it was some sort of control issue, or triggered by emotions. He knew it was the case... He just had to figure it out more precisely so he could staunch it, it was difficult to stop all emotions all the time after all. He wasn't sure he could even do that, really. Maybe wherever he ended up would just be the storm capital of Noveltellus.

"It's nice to see you again too! Should I call you Isa, or Anne? and Syn, or.. Gos? Nerg would just be weird I think, it sounds like a cartoon animal." His grin and sadness seemed to disappear again when they introduced themselves, managing to push the thoughts of that day aside for the moment. The storm seemed to lessen slightly as he wasn't paying attention to it, or perhaps the emotion that was currently tied to it was what had lessened. A number of other nicknames came to mind, but he figured he'd find what they /wanted/ to be called, since he felt he owed them... Something... For nearly obliterating them.

Something that was becoming readily obvious, if it was not before, was that he did not seem to have whatever regal trait that most titans had, his emotions were shown as they occurred and without much thought of hiding or restraining them. He wasn't afraid to be silly, sad, happy, or etc in front of anyone he met. Of course there were some limits, but he gave off the strange mixed feelings of dealing with a very young dragon, and also a monument of destruction at the same time. Every time his elements seemed to kick in it was like an overpowering wave of potential, which could go in theoretically any direction. Salvation, Destruction, Terror, or Hope. It currently felt... Hopeful, but there were dark storms hiding within, much darker than the ones that currently surrounded them.

| Thalron's Inventory |

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Vast Grasslands & Obstacle Course · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Dark Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone