Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Let the games begin!
Welcome to the Official OIFL Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Britball - (Uni football)
Topic Started: Nov 13 2016, 02:12 PM (131 Views)
PatrickSB
Member Avatar
Schraeder-Bidwell Mk.II
[ *  *  * ]
Hi guys, as some of you might know (though not many) I am now at University in the UK and am part of my uni's American Football Team (UCL Emperors, you can check us out on Facebook and Twitter). I thought I could use this thread to talk about how the season goes.

We play 6 games this season plus playoffs. Quarters are normally 12 1/2 minutes long otherwise its pretty much the same as NCAA College Ball.

We played our first game today and beat Buckinghamshire New University Buccaneers 40-0 at home.

Next fixture and update is on Nov 27th and will give the score of our first away game at Southampton.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: Click here

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Commissioner
Member Avatar
I started this thing...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good start, good start
Ten seasons down! Who wins OIFLCup XI?

PatrickSB
Member Avatar
Schraeder-Bidwell Mk.II
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks, if you want to catch up independently of my updates then Double Coverage are a good for independent Britball coverage. DBL Coverage

Posted Image

PatrickSB
Member Avatar
Schraeder-Bidwell Mk.II
[ *  *  * ]
Update time! So... after a 2 hour bus journey we arrived in Southampton.

We lost 62-2, an embarrassing defeat but one that as a team we can work on going forward.

Next Sunday we play our local rivals the Kings Regents and will hopefully iron out the (many) creases from this week.

In summary - we were beaten by a mediocre team because we were not prepared enough to face an experienced organisation.

Posted Image

PatrickSB
Member Avatar
Schraeder-Bidwell Mk.II
[ *  *  * ]
Some good news! We played against our Varsity rivals King's College London this weekend just passed and we evidently learnt from our humbling defeat at Southampton. We won 12-0 (failed both 2 point attempts) to put us 2-1 and joint second in our division. We play the 0-2 Chichester Spitfires this Sunday - our last game before the winter break.

Posted Image

PatrickSB
Member Avatar
Schraeder-Bidwell Mk.II
[ *  *  * ]
The Emperors march on into the Christmas break with a 3-1 record. We defeated the Chichester Spitfires on Sunday 15-0. Another spectacular defensive showing with 4 turnovers on the day - even I got in on the action with a fumble recovery! Next game not until February now.

Posted Image

Commissioner
Member Avatar
I started this thing...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, good to recover from a whoopin like that!
Ten seasons down! Who wins OIFLCup XI?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Just Anything · Next Topic »
Add Reply