Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to PorchlightUSA. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2005 Marshall,Ayellah Gbo D. 2-1-05; Hawthorne
Topic Started: Dec 7 2006, 12:27 PM (201 Views)
oldies4mari2004
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/marshall_ayellah.html

Ayellah Gbo Dzata Marshall


Above: Marshall, circa 2005


Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 1, 2005 from Hawthorne, California
Classification: Endangered Runaway
Date of Birth: April 20, 1987
Age: 17 years old
Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, brown eyes. Marshall may use the alias Mia Hawkins. She has a birthmark near her left eye. Marshall has the following tattoos: the name "Sahri" on her right shoulder, a rose on her left thigh, the name "Jeffery" on her right thigh and a black panther on her back.


Details of Disappearance

Marshall was last seen at a medical facility in Hawthorne, California on February 1, 2005. She has never been heard from again. She is believed to have left of her own accord. Few details are available in her case.


Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Hawthorne Police Department
310-675-4443



Source Information
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children



Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004.

Last updated April 7, 2006; casefile added.

Charley Project
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
oldies4mari2004
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/in...showtopic=14083
Attached to this post:
Attachments: p7898967.jpg (7.17 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
tatertot
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
http://www.neontommy.com/news/2011/11/new-...ng-sleep-period

New Grim Sleeper Victims Killed During "Sleep" Period
Christine Detz | November 2, 2011
Executive Producer

It looks as though the “Grim Sleeper” didn’t sleep after all. The Los Angeles Police Department released new information Wednesday night about the identities of six victims linked to Ronnie Franklin Jr. last week.

Franklin was arrested in July 2010 and charged with 10 counts of murder and one count of attempted murder for crimes allegedly committed from 1985 to 2007. He was given the name “Grim Sleeper” because it appeared he had taken a 13-year break from killing between November 1988 to December 2001. Franklin has now been accused of 16 murders and two attempted murders over the course of a 28-year period.

LAPD detectives believe there may be more victims and Chief Charlie Beck praised the community and the police department for not giving up.

“We may never know how many young women he killed, but we will do our best to find out,” Beck said during a press conference at Bethel A.M.E. church in South Los Angeles. The church sits blocks away from where many of the victims were found.

In December 2010 the LAPD released 180 photos of women that were found in Franklin’s home and asked for the public’s help in identifying them. As of Wednesday, 48 women had yet to be identified.

“They mean something, there may be victims’ faces in these photos,” Beck told the crowd.

Detectives believe one photo is of particular interest.

“Due to where her photo was found, we don’t think it will be a happy outcome for that young lady,” Det. Dennis Kilcoyne said, but he would not elaborate further.

Two of the newly identified victims were killed prior to the first known victim. Sharon Dismuke was found on Jan. 15, 1984 and a second woman who wished to remain anonymous survived an attack in May 1985. Debra Jackson was previously considered the first victim. Her body was found in August 1985.

According to officials, Regina Beatty and Georgia Mae Thomas were killed during the “sleeper” period. Beatty was found on Aug. 8, 1992 and Thomas was found on Dec. 28, 2000. Detectives say Franklin was linked to Thomas’ murder by DNA and ballistic evidence.

The two remaining victims have not been found. Police say they discovered the IDs of Ayellah Marshall and Rolenia Morris in Franklin’s home. Neither women have been seen since 2005 and Kilcoyne said they are presumed dead.

Kilcoyne said detectives are looking at cases from May 1976, when Franklin returned to the Los Angeles area after being discharged from the army, to his arrest in July 2010 – a 34-year period.

When asked if he thought Franklin would assist the authorities in identifying more victims, Kilcoyne said he wasn’t optimistic.

“We’re open to listening and discussions if that door opened for us but I don’t think it will happen,” Kilcoyne said.

Franklin has not been charged in the six new cases but that does not mean he will escape those charges, or others, in the future.

“We will sit with the prosecutors once the investigation concludes. We don’t want to stop the clock on the legal process that has already begun,” Kilcoyne said, acknowledging it may be years before the case is closed as detectives continue to sift through cold case and missing persons files.

Beck added, "Every life is of equal value, there is no hierarchy of murder investigations in the LAPD."

For more information on the Grim Sleeper case or to report a tip, visit the LAPD website.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
« Previous Topic · California Missing Persons 2000 to 2009 · Next Topic »
Add Reply