| Welcome to PorchlightUSA. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
- Pages:
- 1
- 2
| 1997 Bova,Lori C. 6-7-1997; Lakewood | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Feb 13 2007, 12:49 AM (1,083 Views) | |
| PorchlightUSA | Oct 7 2009, 08:29 PM Post #21 |
|
Administrator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
http://post-journal.com/page/content.detai...3.html?nav=5018 Remains Are Not Ceci-Bova Body Is Woman Between 25-45 Years Old By Robert Rizzuto rrizzuto@post-journal.com POSTED: October 6, 2009 Save | Print | Email | Read comments | Post a comment Email: "Remains Are Not Ceci-Bova" *To: <--TO Email REQUIRED! *From: <--FROM Email REQUIRED! Fact Box "We hope that another family can get some closure from this though, because not knowing what happened to your loved one is a terrible place to be." Amy Cleveland Ceci family spokesperson The human remains found in the Cattaraugus County town of South Valley on Sept. 26 are not those of missing Lakewood resident Lori Ceci-Bova, who was last seen in 1997. The Erie County Medical Examiner's office and Forensic Anthropologists led by Dr. Dennis Dirkmaat of Mercyhurst College did conclude that the remains belong to a female between 25 and 45 years of age who was between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 8 inches tall. "I spoke with the Ceci family this morning as soon as I found out," said Sgt. Investigator Paul Gustafson with the Lakewood-Busti Police Department. "Our investigation into Lori's disappearance will continue as it has for the past 12 years." Amy Cleveland, the spokesperson for the Ceci family, said that the family has been through a rollercoaster of emotions over the past week. "This has been an extremely difficult time for the family," she said. "We hope that another family can get some closure from this though, because not knowing what happened to your loved one is a terrible place to be." Phone calls to acting Cattaraugus County Sheriff Tim Whitcomb were not returned Monday, although a news release issued by the department explained that the investigation is ongoing. On Sept. 26, a man fishing in the Allegheny Reservoir found a human skeleton on the shore, as the water level had recently been lowered for the season. Last week, investigators ruled out Corrie Anderson, a missing Busti woman, as a possibility after a dental records comparison. According to law enforcement sources, there are several other missing people from the northeast United States whose dental records are being compared to the remains, although no specific people have been named. With the announcement that the remains are female, it leaves yet more questions for a local mother who has been trying to figure out what happened to her son since he disappeared in May 2002. Damien Sharp was last seen in Warren on Memorial Day weekend in 2002 when he was reportedly dropped off at a party May 25. He was 22 years old at the time and his family reported his disappearance June 3. Since then, police have searched areas of the Allegheny Reservoir, the Allegheny National Forest and Morrison Run. His mother, Janeane Shanahan, said that she is saddened by the news but hopeful that a family somewhere will get some answers. "I just hope that someone's family will have closure- it is the most important thing," she said. "You always want to know the who and the why, but you need to be able to put someone to rest. I think about my son every day and it is the kind of situation that resonates through a family- it's hard for everyone." Sharp's death has been ruled a homicide by the Warren Police Department, which is still investigating the disappearance. He was last seen carrying a black backpack and was using aluminum crutches at the time of his disappearance. He was wearing a dark shirt and dark shorts. He is described as blond with hazel-blue eyes, 5-foot, 7-inches tall, 170 pounds, and has an Egyptian Ankh symbol tattooed on his chest. Another disappearance from the region is that of Josephine Cottone-Despard, an Olean resident missing since February 1984. When she was last seen, Cottone-Despard was 26 and married with a 6-year-old daughter. Anyone with information about the discovery is asked to call the Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Department at 716-983-9191. |
![]() |
|
| PorchlightUSA | Jan 4 2010, 03:49 PM Post #22 |
|
Administrator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
snip http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/548110.html |
![]() |
|
| « Previous Topic · Missing Persons 1990 to 1999 · Next Topic » |
- Pages:
- 1
- 2





![]](http://z2.ifrm.com/static/1/pip_r.png)



2:23 PM Jul 11