Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Privateer Island Fan Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
UNO vs Indiana State
Topic Started: Mar 1 2014, 08:23 AM (408 Views)
Unofan
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
While I understand why they shifted the game today from 2:00 PM to noon,
I wish they wouldn't make these decisions at the very last minute. I assume that they changed the time to accomodate the people who wanted to go to Endymion. The Mardi Gras calendar is known for years in advance. Now, my friends in Slidell have to scramble and change their plans to try to get to the game for noon instead of 2:00 which they had planned for.

I don't want to discuss last night's game.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

UNOPrivatr
Member Avatar
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm sure it has more to do with the fact that we host a basketball doubleheader starting at 4:00 pm in Lakefront Arena. I'd imagine many of the staffers working the baseball game then have to fly across town to work the basketball game. When the game was originally scheduled, they thought they'd be walking from Maestri Field to Lakefront Arena.

Though you may be right, based on the tweet sent out earlier in the week urging people to come watch baseball before the parades...with no mention of coming to basketball's final home game.

Steve
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Last night's game was a trainwreck. So many mistakes, and even more than you would think looking at the box score because our official scoring is ridiculous.

2 1/2 hours extra last night because we drop the last out of the game. Instead of getting home at 9:30, it's past midnight, and we can't even salvage the win. Also, I temporarily hate baseball now.

Unofan
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good point and you may be right. On the other hand, how long have we all known about the 4:00 PM women's game and the game today being played at Zephyr and not at UNO?

Unofan
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
To Steve's post, I hate baseball too right now. But I'll still be out there for noon today or whenever the game starts.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · UNO Sports Main Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply