Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Privateer Island Fan Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MBB at South Alabama; Men's Basketball at South Alabama
Topic Started: Nov 25 2017, 05:19 PM (336 Views)
kelvinqueliz
Freshman
[ * ]
Live Stats
Video
Audio
Game Notes
Social Media Directory

All, above are the links for tomorrow's game at South Alabama. My name is Kelvin Queliz and I am the director of athletic communications and new media for New Orleans.

If you have any questions, please let me know. For those big on social media & wishing to receive in -game updates, please follow @PrivateersMBB on Twitter and Instagram and like www.Facebook/PrivateersMBB on Facebook. Will also crosspost on @UNOPrivateers

Kelvin Queliz
Director of Athletic Communications and New Media
University of New Orleans
kqueliz@uno.edu
@iamkelvinq
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi Kevin and THANKS for providing the info here. Much appreciated

Steve
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rough first half, down 34-23 with 12 turnovers and shooting 38%. I know Sless doesn't prioritize recruiting true point guards but the situation is pretty dire in terms of just getting into an offensive set and rhythm.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unofan
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Berzat in. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Unofan
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
UNO lost 55-52 in a down to the wire game.

Steve
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Know everyone's focused on the Saints right now but really impressed with Berzat in the second half. Not eye popping numbers and I don't think he helps much in the area of shooting, but he is fast and quick and had 5 assists. Got the team into a damn offense for much of the second half. We went from down 34-23 to up 45-37.

Disappointing loss, though. Feels like they should've won.

secoer
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Steve,Nov 26 2017
04:00 PM
Rough first half, down 34-23 with 12 turnovers and shooting 38%.  I know Sless doesn't prioritize recruiting true point guards but the situation is pretty dire in terms of just getting into an offensive set and rhythm.

Not having a point guard for one season during Floyd era was tough. He swore he would never let that happen again. He tried to convert a #2 player to the point. It didnít work.

Unofan
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
I do like the 0 turnovers by Berzat in 22 minutes of play. The rest of the team had 22 turnovers.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Same as it ever was?

Steve
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Unofan,Nov 26 2017
05:46 PM
I do like the 0 turnovers by Berzat in 22 minutes of play. The rest of the team had 22 turnovers.

The rest of his numbers don't look good, and he has a bit of an awkward looking shot and probably won't score too much (yet), but he is quick, can get his own shot in the paint at 5'6", and just infused a very different energy into the game. UNO just looked like a much better team with him on the floor. He was +9 in a game UNO lost by 3.

« Previous Topic · UNO Sports Main Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply