Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Privateer Island Fan Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Basketball at McNeese; Basketball at McNeese
Topic Started: Jan 6 2018, 01:17 PM (225 Views)
kelvinqueliz
Freshman
[ * ]
Here are the links for the men's game

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Game Notes
Live Stats
Listen
Watch

Here are the links for the women's game
WBB lead 12-9 with 2:20 remaining in Q1

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Game Notes
Live Stats
Listen
Video

Any questions, let me know. I am currently at Burton and will be posting on social media throughout both games :)

Kelvin Queliz
Director of Athletic Communications & New Media
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks VERY MUCH, kevin.

i'll miss most of the game (game time really isn't convenient but that's life) but I hope to catch up later and maybe even be able to see some video.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
According to live stats, the men's game started early? Or is that a snafu?

kelvinqueliz
Freshman
[ * ]
MBB did start early. For doubleheaders, you start 30 minutes after conclusion of WBB game. Down 32-25 with 1:58 left in 1st.

Also, it's Kelvin not Kevin :)

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sorry K ;)

Was able to hear the first 12 mins and the last 33 seconds. Sounds like a burner. OT.

Just looking at stats really quick during the break, we shot 57% at 3 but only 55% from the line? WOW

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
OT was all UNO and we hit the ft's when needed and MCN missed A LOT of late shots.

Robinson is king today. 9-16 from 3! Where did that come from?

Congrats to coach and the men on a win when it sounded like it could've easily gone the other way late in regulation.

Wish I could find a way to see the tape of this one.

Fortunately Jude, as always, did a great job.

MidCityBuc
Junior
[ *  *  * ]
The Bryson Robinson Game
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Robinson didn't have lots of PT last year so he prolly was aching to show what he can do. Since I didn't hear much of the game I have no idea what Pou and others did until I check the stats but the way Jude sounded, Zeno is still struggling. Hopefully he'll get back and be a force.

MidCityBuc
Junior
[ *  *  * ]
Zeno's points came on a few fast break dunks, two wide open mid range jumpers, and a couple of made free throws. He made a nice contribution off of the bench. As far as him ever being a beast, don't count on it. He's too limited on the offensive end. He was shooting 30% from the field in Division 1 games prior to this one. He adds a nice rebounding and effort contribution from the bench, but that is it.

I don't recall Mak getting many touches off of sets in the half court. A few putback opportunities, but he wasn't much on that end today.

It truly was Robinson's game. He came in shooting a very modest percentage from 3, but you can't make them if you don't take them. He and Charles need to be aggressive beyond the arc as they are our limited supply of 3 pointers. We have to at least hang with teams behind the arc to continue winning these close games. Robinson was excellent down the stretch getting to the basket as defenders closed hard on him. The threat of taking and making 3s changes an offense. The ability to beat close outs and collapse the defense can be very dangerous as he is surrounded with capable finishers on this roster.

The talent level of this roster is beginning to shine as they continue to gel. Athletically, it is surely the best looking group in a long time. It will be interesting to see how the young guards handle the pressure defense by SFA on Wednesday. Thibs will be key, as a big who can handle the ball is a vital outlet in those situations.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thx for the summary.

And I agree with your 3rd paragraph 100%. you can't make 3's if you don't take them.

And as far as talent, I'm trying to remember when was the last time we had a guy (center?) like Pou who actually can make shots? At my age, my memory is as short as.........well.......anyway.

secoer
Member Avatar
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.nola.com/uno/index.ssf/2018/01/...cart_river_home

Made it on NOLA.com.

Amazing.

« Previous Topic · UNO Sports Main Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply