Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Privateer Island Fan Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TAMUCC Game 2
Topic Started: Feb 10 2018, 07:48 PM (269 Views)
reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well Bryce Robinson came to play. Glad he is not shy about shooting.

And only TWO BAD PASSES THE WHOLE FIRST HALF!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ref starting the 2nd half a tad bit ticky tacky but Bryce is hot and needs to keep shooting.

11 pt lead, early 2nd half.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thx Lamar. Blew a 4 pt lead with under a minute left by playing absolutely NO defense. We could've used their help.

ref calls foul with 2.1 seconds left and SHSU wins.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
NOW the refs, who called a good game in the first half are getting BLOW disease.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
OK, now we're not helping ourselves while SHSU ratchets up the defense but the refs are Really starting to piss me off.

It seems like the MO is pretty quickly changing here with 7 mins to go and SHSU in the bonus and us missing shots. Their Defense is playing better than ours right now.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
This was a HUGE win.....sure we're playing a team that's a tad below us but they've been hot lately, were at home and it was Homecoming.

Still we missed a few too many Ft's, often held the ball too long on offense BUT...we limited our turnovers and notice what happens when we don't have STUPID passes? yep, seems simple.

Too bad LAMAR didn't help us...that's really the only bad thing that happened this weekend (other than the weather). I can't help but think, woulda, coulda, shoulda had SHSU lost.....that would really help us later this month........but we need to help ourselves.

If I have this right, we now have more conf losses at home than on the road. Who knew?

Congrats gents.

Steve
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Didn't feel great about this one after TAMU-CC made their run to cut it to 4. We had like a thousand chances to really break it open early in the second half, but just couldn't get the lead beyond 10-12 points. I felt like we were one backbreaking three-pointer from locking the game up, because TAMU-CC doesn't have enough offense to rally from too far down. But, we gutted this one out. Really needed it as the sandwich game between Nicholls and SLU, otherwise could've very realistically been a 3-game losing streak and then who knows where it goes from there. Big win, keeps us in the mix.

secoer
Member Avatar
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
reduno
Feb 10 2018, 08:28 PM
NOW the refs, who called a good game in the first half are getting BLOW disease.
Were you watching two games? I think you meant.....TAMU-CC.....

Unofan
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looking ahead, Wednesday night is a big one. We play at SLU; SHSU plays at Nicholls and SFA plays at TAMCC..

« Previous Topic · UNO Sports Main Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply