Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Privateer Island Fan Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
CBI games
Topic Started: Mar 14 2018, 08:55 PM (956 Views)
reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought a new thread might be in order since we're not one and done.

This was an exciting game but not necessarily a clean one. The refs were shaky at times, LOTS of missed layups by both teams but I counted 11 missed ft's by the home team (haven't seen the stats yet). Game wouldn't have come down to the wire if we make half of those we missed. Also, both teams looked out of sorts often and winded so maybe the unexpected return after seasons end affected both teams?

Other than wide open 3's we gave up, our defense did pretty well for at least half of the game and in spurts. I REALLY LIKE OUR YOUNG GUYS......Berzat, Green, Rosser, Champion will be interesting to watch. Wish Charles had more than one year left.

Not sure who is responsible for getting a home game but I'm appreciative.

Not lets go practice some ft's.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.unoprivateers.com/news/2018/3/14/mens-basketball-berzat-highlights-cbi-round-one-victory-vs-utrgv-head-to-campbell-monday.aspx

Check this out...... coach says that if they get past Campbell, Bryson Robinson is on track to possibly play next wed! I saw him at shoot around........he was walking worse than just stiff. If he can play next week, someone worked a dang miracle.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
According to ESPN, our game Monday night at Campbell is for 6pm CDT. Waiting to see if UNO confirms that.

Steve
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wonder if there will be any way to watch the Campbell game without a fee.

Damion Rosser is going to be a really nice player down the road. Hopefully he stays here. He's got a lot of things to work on but I envision junior/senior Rosser being really solid.

Berzat -- this was the Lamont Berzat game. He's come a long way this season.

It's a shame the Thibodeaux situation torpedoed this season, but it really feels like we maybe tacked on a win or two next season because of this experience.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Steve
Mar 15 2018, 07:16 AM
Wonder if there will be any way to watch the Campbell game without a fee.

I'm not positive about this but I thought I heard last nights game and Monday's game was/will be shown on Southland tv. Is there a fee for that?

Steve
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, Southland TV is free -- there's an app for the Roku and many other devices. Dunno if they'll cover a road game. They used the UNO Showcase feed last night.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thx, I hope UNO's pre game info will share any tv possibilities.

I know NOTHING about Campbell other than its in NC.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
According to this article, the opposing bench was chewing on Lamont about his shooting ability. Prolly shouldn't do that on the road.

And.......it also states that if we win on Monday night, we WILL get a home game next wed.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/article_0e31be3c-27fa-11e8-b5fb-6b5a7b7aee25.html

Steve
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  * ]
He does have a pretty awkward, ugly shot but his 3-ball has gone in 37% of the time. That's a fairly decent percentage -- if it goes up any from that as his career progresses, he'll end up a significant threat from out there.

I'd guess we'd be an underdog at Campbell, but if we can find a way past them, a game at home to get into the finals, where you're guaranteed another home game and at least two games on ESPNU during Final Four week... would be fantastic exposure for the program.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Steve
Mar 15 2018, 09:48 AM
I'd guess we'd be an underdog at Campbell, but if we can find a way past them, a game at home to get into the finals, where you're guaranteed another home game and at least two games on ESPNU during Final Four week... would be fantastic exposure for the program.
IF this were to happen, WITHOUT Travin and Bryson.........then Mark is an even better coach than we knew. And his preseason statement that this years class is his best recruiting yet would be definitely validated.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm having some trouble believing that NOLA (TP) actually took the time to do a short piece on UNO...and its not just a game summary.

http://www.nola.com/uno/index.ssf/2018/03/5_things_to_know_about_unos_cb.html

After seeing this, I had a positive feeling that if Abilene CHistian can beat them, we can but then I saw the part about how many 3's they take AND make and then I lost that feeling. The open looks #21 was getting last night looked too easy.

Sure hope we can see this game on tv.

kelvinqueliz
Freshman
[ * ]
Links for Monday's game below. Video is free. Please email me if you need anything else (kqueliz@uno.edu)

📈 ow.ly/dAND30iYpdj
🎧 ow.ly/QorB30iYpec
📹 ow.ly/mc5x30iYpgW

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thx Kelvin! Very much appreciate you sharing this.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
kelvinqueliz
Mar 15 2018, 02:27 PM

📹 ow.ly/mc5x30iYpgW
Does anyone know if there's a way to get this game via roku etc? I see below that this link is for big south sports to watch on PC....I'd like to do so on tv if possible. if not, this is almost as good.

thx

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anyone know how this happened? Do we know the future?

Looks like they put UNO up there for the last team that Campbell beat. B)

http://www.sidearmstats.com/uno/mbball/
Edited by reduno, Mar 16 2018, 07:46 PM.

Unofan
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
We may be catching them in some kind of a maintenance window, and they havenít finished. Donít know; just a guess.

clmerrit
Junior
[ *  *  * ]
Gametracker 101!

There's a program called StatCrew that an inputter and spotter code in the entire game as it happens mostly in real time. That program outputs a type of file called an XML file which is updated in real time and sent to a web server.

A webhost, such as ESPN.com, Yahoo Sports!, or in UNO/Campbell's case Sidearm can read that file, and translate it into a Gametracker/Live Stats.

Basically all Live Stats info no matter where you see it comes from one single file. That's why if live stats get stuck one place, they are generally stuck everywhere.

Sidearm hosted schools have to set the home/away teams as well as logos and colors on their website backend, and then the gametracker reads the XML for the rest of the data.

So the Campbell people have changed it over to UNO, but the XML file from the last game is still up there since no new game data has replaced it yet.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thx CL!

kelvinqueliz
Freshman
[ * ]
reduno
Mar 16 2018, 07:43 PM
Anyone know how this happened? Do we know the future?

Looks like they put UNO up there for the last team that Campbell beat. B)

http://www.sidearmstats.com/uno/mbball/
I've encoded the new game on our site but it resets to zero once stats (Stat Crew) is set to live, usually an hour prior to tip.

reduno
Senior
[ *  *  *  * ]
For those with Roku, you can add the BIG SOUTH sports network and get the game on tv monday night (I just did so). Roku is about 10 times worth the money I spent.\, just since last postseason.

From the UNO website:
ABOUT THE FIGHTING CAMELS
A perimeter oriented team, the Camels are one of the nation's top shooting teams with six players shooting over 35.0 percent from three-point range. Led by First Team All-Big South guard Chris Clemons (24.8 points), Campbell scores 77.2 points per game. Clemons became the first junior in conference history to surpass the 2,000 point plateau. Marcus Burk adds 15.2 points.

As the No. 4 seed in the Big South Tournament, the Camels fell to No. 5 Liberty in the quarterfinals 73-59 before hosting Miami (Ohio) in the opening round of the CBI. Campbell won 97-87 with 16 triples, five off the bench by Damontez Oliver (19 points). Clemons (11-of-19, 4-of-9 3FG) led the squad with 32 points, Burk added 16 (4-of-8 from long distance) and Mogga Lado was 5-of-8 for 11 points off the bench. The Camels shot 62.3 percent from the floor after rallying from a three-point deficit at the half to outscore the RedHawks 53-to-40 in the second half.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UNO Sports Main Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: