Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
WELCOME TO QPAWN
*BREAKING NEWS* * *QPAWN IS COMING BACK, ENTER THE NEW GAME HERE = http://qpawnworldpower.freeforums.net/* * *
Welcome to Qpawn: the longest running nation and international simulations on the internet.

We are currently in the process of establishing a new round of Qpawn to play. If you are interested, please sign up.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
February 2012
Topic Started: Aug 2 2014, 09:08 AM (272 Views)
Qpawn Conflict


Posted Image

Car bomb explodes on popular Tel Aviv thoroughfare

Posted Image

A bomb attached to a vehicle in central Tel Aviv exploded on Saturday night. There were reported two deaths and four injuries. At the same a building in the street was slightly damaged. An initial investigation led police to believe that the incident - which occurred on Nahalat Binyamin, a popular pedestrian boulevard within the city - was criminally motivated, and not a terror attack. The owner of the car has not yet been found. Despite these initial outcomes, among a group of conservatives the responsibility should entirely be placed upon Hamas. Akiva Cohen a known conservative said: "Let's be honest here, any investigation is a waste of time. We need to attack these terrorists who are responsible. Palestinians are not human and don't deserve to live in our Holy Land. Why would a Jew kill a fellow Jew? It's certain one of these beasts called Arabs are behind this next coward attack. They fear our IDF and use coward attacks on civilians. The Arab population within Israel and these Arabs in West Bank and Gaza should pay the price of their occupation of Jewish land.

The Tel Aviv area has seen its share of attempted bombings in recent months. On December 22, a bomb ripped through a Dan No. 240 bus in the Tel Aviv suburb of Bat Yam, though no one was killed in the apparent terror attack because the driver had evacuated the bus passengers after noticing a suspicious package. Fourteen suspects, including 10 Bedouin Israeli citizens, were arrested on Thursday for their believed involvement in the attack. On November 7, a car bomb destroyed the vehicle of a senior prosecutor in the Central District State Attorney’s Office in Tel Aviv in an incident believed to be linked to organized crime.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Qpawn Conflict


Posted Image Posted Image

Rebels South Yemen reject presidential elections of February and make a fresh offensive

Posted Image

In a surprising move which seemed to be well prepared, the insurgency against the Yemeni government captured former South Yemen capital Aden. A move which created a shock through the entire nation of Yemen and at the same time resulted in a boost of moral among the South Yemen insurgency. While till so far the South Yemeni insurgency only made small successes in their battle against the central government, they now even surprised military analysts. Annalist Mathijs Spruijt said: "The insurgency against the Yemen government is not unknown and is around basically from the day South Yemen ended to exist. We saw a revival of military opposition against the central government since April 2009, but till so far they have made only small victories like the capturing of military bases and prisons. The capturing of an entire city of around 700.000 people is a totally different story."

How the South Yemen insurgents succeeded in this surprising story is yet to be known. What is known though, is that these insurgents or as they cal themselves "Southern Secessionist Movement" seemed to be well prepared. An other story is that of a Yemeni soldier who is openly blaming Russia. "The South Yemen insurgency clearly got help from outside. They have modern weapons and use different strategies than before. The loss of Aden is a big defeat for us, but they should not celebrate to early. We will come back."

Yemen

200 Infantry

South Yemen

50 Fighters

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Qpawn Conflict


Posted Image

42 per cent Indian kids malnourished, stunted: report

Posted Image

India has the highest number of stunted children in the world. Almost 42 per cent of the children in the country numbering over 61 million are malnourished and stunted according to the Hunger and Malnutrition Report released by an Indian government official in New Delhi on Tuesday. The report says that one in three malnourished children in the world is an Indian. The report reveals that malnutrition is extremely severe in 73,0000 households in 112 districts in seven of the poorest states. The statistics in the HUNGaMA (Hunger and Malnutrition) report say that every third malnourished child on the planet is an Indian. The report, on the survey conducted by Naandi Foundation, has been made at the insistence of the Citizens' Alliance against Malnutrition.

The results of this survey are both worrying and encouraging. The survey reports high levels of malnutrition, but it also indicates that one child in five has reached an acceptable healthy weight during the last 7 years in 100 focus districts. This 20% decline in malnourishment in the last 7 years is better than the rate of decline reported in NFHS 3. However, what concerns is that 42 per cent of the Indian children are still underweight.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Qpawn Conflict


Posted Image

Syrian rebels seize key air base

Posted Image

Islamic militants seeking to topple President Bashar Assad took full control of a strategic northwestern air base Friday in a significant blow to government forces, seizing helicopters, tanks and multiple rocket launchers, activists said. The Taftanaz air base in the northern Idlib province is considered the biggest field in the country's north for helicopters used to bomb rebel-held areas and deliver supplies to government troops. Rebels from al-Qaida affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra and other Islamic groups have been fighting for weeks for control of the sprawling facility and broke into it on Wednesday evening. Activists said the rebels seized control of buildings, ammunition and military equipment after ferocious fighting at dawn. "As of now, the rebels are in full control of the air base," said Idlib-based activist Mohammad Kanaan.

The rebels had been attacking Taftanaz for months, launching a fresh offensive on it in early November. While its fall will embarrass the regime and dent helicopter operations, it will do little to stop airstrikes by government jets, many of which come from bases farther south. It is also unclear if the rebels will be able to retain control of the facility. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which relies on a network of activists on the ground, said government warplanes bombed the air base after the rebel takeover Friday. Rami Abdul-Rahman, director of the Observatory, said it is the first major military airport to fall into rebel hands.

The rebel assault was part of a wider campaign to chip away at the Syrian government's air supremacy, which it has relied upon increasingly over the past year as it lost control of large swaths of territory. Airstrikes by warplanes and helicopters have proved the main obstacle to opposition fighters. Amateur videos posted online by activists showed rebels celebrating inside the air base, some kneeling and kissing the ground and others showing off booty including multiple rocket launchers. Kanaan, the activist in Idlib, said the rebels seized tanks and helicopters at the base, but added that most if not all of the helicopters were damaged from the fighting and were nonfunctional. "The regime bombed them to keep the rebels from using them," he said. The Observatory said around 20 helicopters were captured but that none were in working order. While acknowledging that the capture of the base itself would not stop government airstrikes, Kanaan said the achievement, and seizure of ammunition, put "another big nail in the coffin of the regime."

Taftanaz lies near the highway between the capital Damascus and the northern city of Aleppo, a major front in the civil war that has stood at a stalemate for months. Activists estimate that around 700 rebels are involved in the offensive on Taftanaz, almost all of them Islamic militants. They include members of Jabhat al-Nusra, affiliated with al-Qaida, and groups with a similar Islamic ideology. Members of al-Nusra, which the U.S. has branded a terrorist organization, have been among the most effective fighters in the rebels' battle to oust Assad. The opposition has seized several other air defense bases in the north and Damascus suburbs, making off with weapons and ammunition, but in most cases has not managed to retain the facilities.

Casualties:

Syrian Opposition

60 Infantry

Syrian Army
70 Infantry
25 Helicopters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Qpawn Conflict


Posted Image

Israeli security forces retreat after ambush in Hebron

Posted Image

Three members of the Israeli police force have been killed in an ambush laid by Palestinian militants in Hebron today. This happened after the controversial order of Israeli prime minister to arrest Palestinian suspects related to the recent bomb attack in Tel Aviv. This order has resulted in a lot of anger in the Palestinian Territory. Palestine leader Abbas told QNN: "Netanyahu is doing all he can to provoke the Palestinian people. He is violating every international law and is only interested in terrorizing Palestinians. Palestine wants peace, Palestine wants to negotiate, but apparently Israel doesn't want this. What happened today in Hebron is sad, but Netanyahu should be hold fully responsible. Everyone knows the recent bomb attack was not committed by Palestinians and that Netanyahu is only looking for excusing to legitimize the injustice he's committing upon the Palestinian people."

The ambush laid by militants was well prepared. When a police force of 50 officers entered the city, they suddenly became under gunfire. After both sides shot at each other and 3 Israeli policemen got killed in action, the Israeli police force decided to retreat until further order. Besides the 3 killed Israeli officers, 7 Israeli officers are wounded together with 5 Palestinian militants. No deadly casualties among the militants have been registered.

It has to be seen how the Israeli government will respond to this blow. Known Netanyahu's recent actions, there is a potential of total escalation of the situation. Something which should also concern the United States. It's also a first test case for recent elected president Morsi which party is known for ties with Hamas, Syrian president Assad which can use distraction from his dire domestic situation and of course Saudi Arabia.

QNN keeps you updated.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
« Previous Topic · The Morning Paper · Next Topic »
Add Reply