Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Revell masking tape; Part No. 39696
Topic Started: Sep 7 2014, 09:14 AM (818 Views)
jacksdad64
Member Avatar
Tornado geek
[ *  *  * ]
Masking tape is one of those modelling essentials that you don't realise how handy it is until you don't have any.

Revell's masking tape feel's very similar to Japanese Kabuki tape with a nice tacky feel without without feeling like it will weld itself to any paint work.

. Posted Image

I will give it a test run to see how it actually works and especially for masking paint lines and I'll let you know how it goes.

Many thanks to Revell for the review sample.

Posted Image

Revell model kits are available from all good toy and model retailers.
For details visit ;

Revell Website

Revell Facebook
Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
The Mighty Fin
[ *  *  * ]
Very interested to find out how good ( or bad , hopefully not ;) this is :thumb:

Andy
Goto Top

Disorder
Member Avatar
Still trying my damnedest!
[ *  *  * ]
Is it available in other widths?
Goto Top

jacksdad64
Member Avatar
Tornado geek
[ *  *  * ]
10 & 6mm I believe.
Goto Top

Disorder
Member Avatar
Still trying my damnedest!
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks, JD :thumb:
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Hannant's are listing 10mm and 6mm and they're quite a bit cheaper than Tamiya equivalent widths (that's refills, not tape on a dispenser which costs even more), so if it's genuine Kabuki type tape it could be a bargain.

peebeep
Goto Top

Eric2020
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I have seen it here in the shops, and I hope its working good as I need it daily. Looking forward how it is to work with on canopy's and if its cutting easy like Tamiya tape I have now.
Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
The Mighty Fin
[ *  *  * ]
Ive been using this on one of my Corsair builds and Ive found it very good ......Ive masked everything on the kit here with it .

Posted Image

Wholeheartedly recommended :thumb:

Andy
Edited by DH764, Nov 2 2014, 09:52 PM.
Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
The Mighty Fin
[ *  *  * ]
Just to confirm ....Big reveal on the F4U-1D.....really chuffed :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used blu tac and the new Revell masking tape....gets a big thumbs up from me :thumb:

Andy
Goto Top

Uncle Pete
[ *  * ]
Have you tried 1/4 inch splicing tape from the old reel-to-reel tape deck days? I find it works pretty well and fits in a bog standard pound shop dispenser. If it looks like it might be too sticky for a perhaps delicate spot, I rub it on my jeans before applying to make it a bit more compliant when it's time to remove it.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Reviews of Revell Kit Accessories · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources