Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
arni's used motors
Topic Started: Nov 5 2014, 07:41 PM (22,519 Views)
arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi peeps,
Nigel here.I moved to england last year just before suffering a stroke.. getting better now but it still afects me,my right side is messed up and I can walk with the aid of a stick.My dexterity is dodgy too! I lay in hospital and wondered how this would affect modelling. :aah: Well it does and badly too,anyway I am doing a mk2 Mustang at the moment.
Posted Image

Posted Image

It is a pro stock vehicle so most of the mods are done for me.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry to hear about that Nigel, I'm sure your doc will be impressed that you're not giving up the hobby as it is probably great therapy. That build doesn't look at all shabby, keep up the progress on all fronts.

peebeep
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Cheers Paul,it is good therapy as you say but the frustration level often is very high!!!
Are you going to be at Telford? I will be there on the saturday,could we meet if possible,last time I saw you was Telford 07.. :whistle:
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah sure, I'll mostly be hanging out at the L & C/Splash tables. If you need a break, come and find us for a sit down. We'll be in Hall 2, Row F, opposite end to the Revell trade stand.

peebeep
Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
The Mighty Fin
[ *  *  * ]
Ill second what Pb said ....that looks great and Im sure it will be good therapy :thumb:

Andy
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Cheers Andy,it is.... :thumb:

Paul,I will take you up on that offer of a seat s my balance is shot to hell plus the general level of fatigue I expect to kick in....Sleeping on sat night wont be a worry! :whistle:
Made a bit of progress,the destructions call for the subframe to be fitted then engine in followed by the headers....The headers are tricky to fit so.... Deided to remove the suframe and fit the engine to it,then came fun... with... the... headers!!!!!
I had to spread the headers between branch 2 and 3 to get it around the subframe which I found somewhat tricky!!
Posted Image

The dizzy had to be shortened to it then the inner wings went on,not a fantastic fit but that is my fault.
Posted Image
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Nice work..!! :clap: :clap:

Cheers,
ggc
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Cheers ggc. :thumb:
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Well decided to have a crack at the 'fake Ferrari' I see every kit that I do as therapy but in different ways. :D
Not finished the Mustang yet but I often have several on the go at the same time...
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Boranni wire wheels were given a wash to bring out the detail and then given a couple of coats of gloss clear to help protect the chrome.
Posted Image

The chassis (a Corvette chassis btw) was masked and detailed as best as I could do.
Posted Image

Likewise with the engine,nect here will be drilling the heads etc.
Posted Image

The shell,I am thinking of electric orange over a white base.
Posted Image
Goto Top

Mop_the_Panda
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
should be fun :) shame you don't get Crockett and Tubbs in the kit :D
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
LOL David,never did watch the series - couldnt stand it tbh..
Today I foiled the underside of the transmission tunnel as that V8 coud run a tad warmish surrounded by all that fibreglass......
Posted Image
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
On the 'vice' car the suspension has been fitted to the floor.
Posted Image

A slight change of plan with the wheels,the Monogram style wheel I found to be a real pig o fit to the vinyl tyres even after heating the tyres,so these are going on instead.
Posted Image

Mustang time,got the floor and shell together today.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
The Mighty Fin
[ *  *  * ]
Great work going on in here :thumb:

Andy
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Arni: Great looking rides..........!!

Cheers,
ggc
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Cheers GGC

Something a tad different,I am starting on a Bugatti Royale and it is a big old girl as you can tell by the Audi van in the backgound.Only got the chassis and short engine done so far....
Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Got some colour on the fezza today,first of all some red...
Posted Image

Then some electric orange..
Posted Image

Got the Bugatti engine near finished,it is a kit on its own.. :yipee:
Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
The Mighty Fin
[ *  *  * ]
Looking good Nigel :thumb:

Andy
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Cheers Andy. :D :D

Well got the foil done today - not sure on the screen but it was easier than masking it and risking Mr Murphey turning up LOL.
Posted Image

Did the vents on the scuttle black.
Posted Image

Did the Pinninfarina badges in foil as well as the lower edge of the sills/rockers.
Posted Image

Then cleared it all.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Back to the Bugatti,
Decided to have a go at the bulkhead and dash today,it is supposed to have a wooden dash so...the dash was covered in tammy tape and then using wood markers (scratch repair pens really) built it up - there are 3 shades so you can have some variation..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Then it was given 2 coats of clear,it looks ok in real life.
Posted Image

Then I built up the clutch,it sits half way between the engine and the gearbox which is attached to the rear axle.Also attached to the clutch is the starter (naturally!) but also the electrical generator...
Posted Image
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
There is an exhaust manifold shroud and it was in creme plastic,so I decided to foil it.It is a proper aloy and pretty tough but in this case it looks great to me as it actually looks like an alloy sheet that has been worked into a shield.
Posted Image

Before stitching the dash together I decided to give the dials a wash - but decided to give them a modern touch in blue..
Posted Image
Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Workbench · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources