Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Clear the Decks : Gallery
Topic Started: Nov 11 2014, 07:46 PM (630 Views)
DH764
Member Avatar
The Mighty Fin
[ *  *  * ]
Post your finished builds here :coolio:

Andy
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Monogram 1:458 Kazon Raider (3606)
2014#27

Captain Janeways initial protagonists from the 4th Star Trek incarnation, Voyager. The Kazon are a multi sect scavenger race with which the stranded crew of Voyager have several violent encounters with until they encounter the Borg in later series.

This is the initial Monogram release but it has also been released by Revell. I bought it when it was reduced in a toy sale in Asda back in the mid 90ís and started it shortly afterwards and it has been languishing on my shelf of doom ever since.

It is a relatively straightforward build and it has been brush painted with Humbrol enamels throughout. The decals however were awful leaving a sort of creamy residue on the actual decal, which I attempted to remove with a wet paintbrush whilst holding the decal in tweezers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Johni044, Aug 1 2017, 10:32 AM.
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
AMT 1:420 USS Defiant (8398)

My attempt at the AMT USS Defiant which first appeared in Deep Space Nine but has been in other incarnations of the Star Trek Universe subsequently.

The kit itself only comprises of around 19 pieces (including stand) but still builds up into quite an impressive piece of plastic. I have to say fit of the parts leaves a little to be desired, one of the reasons that it sat on my shelf of doom for around 17 years.

I believe a lighting kit exists for this kit which I think would certainly make it come to life. As it is I donít have one so painted the engine and deflector panels chrome followed clear red and a touch of midnight blue mixed with clear varnish.

All brush painted with Hunbrol enamels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Johni044, Aug 1 2017, 10:33 AM.
Goto Top

jelly071
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
nice i like that a lot
Goto Top

DH764
Member Avatar
The Mighty Fin
[ *  *  * ]
Very well done John :clap:
Ditto what Mike says .....I like it too :thumb:

Andy
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Broken picture links restored where possible
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · 2014 B4 GB : Clear the Decks GB 2014 · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources