Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Latest releases
Topic Started: Feb 26 2012, 10:49 AM (2,526 Views)
B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I've just got the first (probably of many) accessory set out. This one is for British vehicles in Europe, late WW2.
You can take a look at it in the 'Conversion kits and accessories' section of my website.
Hope you like.
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Well B4Models is still chuntering along. Unfortunately I've developed a thyroid condition which among other things affects my eyes, so haven't been able to produce anything new for a while. The current treatment seems to be helping though so here at last is a new 'generic' stowage set - just a bunch of canvas rolls, trunks, suitcases etc. for decorating your braille scale vehicles.

Click on the picture in the link for a closer look.
Generic stowage
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Apologies for my absence - the Thyroid eye disease continues to cause problems especially with reading. A few weeks ago I had to have orbital decompression surgery to save my sight - so far it seems to have worked and I've been able to get a bit more done.
So recent releases:
Churchill Mk V conversion set in 1/76, suitable for either the Airfix Churchill or the Revell/MB AVRE.
King Tiger Henschel Turret set in 1/76, suitable for converting the new Airfix KT into the normal production model.

Please take a look at My Website for further details.

I'm currently sorting out a decent Grant turret to replace the godawful thing in the re-released Airfix Lee/Grant kit.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Prayers for a complete recovery Ben, also for peace of mind, it must be a very worrying time.

peebeep
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Much appreciated Paul, thanks!
I'm just hoping for the 'active' phase of the eye disease to be over as fast as possible - I've already broken one pair of specs trying to adjust to the constant changes and there is no point getting new ones until the eyes settle down. Recently I've been discovering the 'joys' of double vision - very disconcerting. It's true what they say, you don't realize what you've got until you lose it.
Goto Top

walrus
Member Avatar
Making a pig's ear out of a silk purse.
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry to hear about your eye problems Ben
Hope you have a speedy recovery
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I am sorry to inform friends and customers that B4Models will be closing down as of the 21 November 2012. If anyone wants to place orders please do so before that date as I will be disabling sales on my site then.

Unfortunately my last lot of eye surgery has failed in the longer term to alleviate the pressure on my optic nerves, and I am losing my vision once more. The foreseeable future for me now includes up to four operations, the first of them before Christmas.

If all goes well I hope to reopen B4Models at some point. For now, though, it is becoming impossible to work on models either for money or for pleasure. Thank you to everyone who has bought any of my resin bits.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Ben, I'm very sorry to hear that. Not a pleasant prospect for you, but I will be praying that the surgery is completely successful. If you are able, please keep us up to date with progress.

peebeep
Goto Top

walrus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Am also really sorry to hear this Ben.
Take care mate and hoping for successful treatment.
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hello all.
Well my second eye operation was 9 days ago and left me rather more debilitated than the first one. A lot more bone was removed from the sockets and the eyes have sunk around 1cm back into place. The downside is they are significantly crossed - especially the left - leaving me with awful double vision and a PR problem on the street! That was an expected side effect of the surgery. The colour vision, contrast, and focus in each eye is excellent however and for now I am coping with a prism in one lens of my specs and a strip of tape covering the forward vision in the same eye. That allows me good forward focus with the right eye and enough peripheral vision in the left to make getting around easier - a pirate patch looks cooler but leaves me with no depth perception at all so steps etc. become very tricky.
I've actually tried a little tentative plastic cutting over the last couple of days but in 2d it is ridiculous and I've already nearly ruined something so sadly modelling will have to wait. With time and exercise the eye muscles might pull the eyeballs back to something like the right position and fix the double vision. If not there will be another op in 6 months or so to sort them out, assuming by then the underlying Graves disease has calmed down. To help with that I'm expecting to have my thyroid out fairly soon - seeing the next consultant over that Friday - and radiotherapy on the eye muscles. My eye consultant/surgeon tells me I have the most aggressive case of Graves disease he's ever seen, so I guess I might make a medical journal or two...
Goto Top

walrus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Good grief Ben you really have been through the mill
(and here is me feeling sorry for myself because I have another one of my back of the eyeball headaches! :rolleyes: :fp: )

Look after yourself mate, and get well soon.
Hope Santa brings a you sackful of good luck and health with the plastic. :thumb:
Goto Top

Disorder
Member Avatar
Still trying my damnedest!
[ *  *  * ]
Hey, Ben. Hope your surgery is a complete success. Take it easy and have a great christmas.
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hello again! Sorry about the absence but I find the blue background makes it a bit hard to read posts here.
I've recovered well from the thyroid removal - apart from having to take a few more pills every morning and having a bit of a scar it really makes no difference to lide in general. It doesn't seem to have made any difference to the eyes which have been pretty stable for the past few months. The double vision remains about the same. Orbital radiotherapy after Easter to try to sgrink the swollen muscles...
However I've been doing a bit of moielling in 1.35 so will post up the results.
Happy Easter to everyone!
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Keep up the good progress mate, glad to see you back posting.

Not a lot I can do about the forum software and blue background I'm afraid.

peebeep
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Cheers Paul, I'm starting radiotherapy on the eyes next week and if that works I should at least get some mobility back. At the moment I have to turn my head to look at things as the eyes can't move very well.
The downside is all the possible side-effects: nausea, exhaustion, haor loss etc. Oh well I may not get any of them!
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hope it goes well with no side effects.

peebeep
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I'm pleased to report (at last) that the RT went very well and made a huge difference to my eyes, which are now much more comfortably placed in the sockets. Unfortunately it actually made the double vision a bit worse but I've now found some of my brother's old specs allow me to read books again without holding the pages right next to my face. It is great to read fairly well again!
I've even got started with some models again - still big scale but hooray! Might even get one posted up here later today...
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Excellent news !!! :clap:
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
That is really good to hear Ben.

peebeep
Goto Top

B4en
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
As you may have seen I have recently started to recover my modelling mojo!

The eyes are comfortable though I still have to walk with a stick to avoid tripping over things, negotiate steps etc. The best news is that the medics tell me my Graves Disease is going into abeyance at last. That means sometime in the spring (hopefully) I will be able to have 'squint' surgery to correct the double vision. I must admit I didn't expect it to take so long - I've had a year of double vision now and at times it gets most frustrating! Still. you can get used to anything and there are worse things that's for sure.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · B4Models · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources