Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
1/24 london bus diorama
Topic Started: Sep 5 2016, 07:42 PM (1,786 Views)
KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all, this may or may not happen, it will be the biggest project I've ever taken on I've been playing with the layout, it will be huge (I may have to try and make it in 2 halves somehow to store and work on it) anyway I cut the footprint of all the the vehicles and have placed them roughly (obviously a piece of oblong paper doesn't really look anything like a car or bus but it gives me an idea of scale needed, as you can see I can't really make it any smaller but I will need a few more cars ( any suggestions on iconic British cars availiable in 1/24)
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is something like I'm hoping to depict.
Posted Image
Most of the kits in this will be revell
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
KP: ambitious project..! I'm confident you can execute this vision....... :thumb:

Diorama Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Good luck KP. if I got a routemaster I'd be wanting to do it up as in "Summer Hoilday" for no other reason than to make a model of my first crush.

Lauri Peters that is not Cliff.
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Johni044
Sep 5 2016, 08:18 PM

Lauri Peters that is not Cliff.
I might have dated Lauri Peter's sister, Fonda... :whistle:

Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all well here is the first tentative steps in this one, I've primed and top coated the Bentley, won't get much else done as on hols on Friday, really need this holiday work is soooooooooooo stressful at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all here is probably the last update till we get back off hols.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I was thinking about this today in the modelling room,apart from British vehicles dont forget the 2cv,R4 saloon and van,plus how about throwing in a yank tank?
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
KP: Nice progress on the Bentley.... :thumb:

Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

rubenandres77
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I will be following this with interest, as this looks such a nice project.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all, well Robin (on another forum) had a great idea to add a zebra crossing to give me a cut line so as i can join the two halves together, but I've checked and can find no ref pics at any time period with a zebra crossing at picadilly circus (and I can't add something to such an iconic British landmark that wasn't there) so,,, Ive got a cunning plan, I'm going to make all the buildings and scenery removable  (not sure how yet)  anyway made a start on the fountain, I was going to cheat and do it as it was in ww2 but of course the route master and mini and taxi for that matter were after ww2.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I know, I know it looks like corrugated cardboard but with a bit of plaster of Paris I'm sure it will be fine (I hope) also nigel this is supposed to be a diorama of British iconic vehicles, I am flexible though and if I find I can't fill it in will add popular cars of other country's.
Goto Top

Wolf73
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
That is an ambitious project :clap: .

Simple materails, the stairs to the fontain.
Are you gonna scratch buid the fontain also or are you thinking of a resin fontain/statue?

The enigine looks great

Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Cheerz :beer:
Barry
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Well I'm thinking of doing a simplified fountain the actual one is waaaay beyond my skill set.
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
A few cars to ponder on,AMT have repopped the Sunbeam tiger - easy to make it as an Alpine,Lotus - forget the name right now..Revell do a mid 50s Rolls Royce.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all can't really get into any serious modeling (no time) but decided to try another idea with the fountain made the paving slabs out of stiff paper and added pre shading, I think it's going to be OK, not sure how I'm going to handle the curb stones.

Posted Image
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Nice......... :yes: :yes:
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all done a little bit more on this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
KP: Looking good..... :clap:

Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all well I've started on the fountain (not sure how to do the corner ornamentation yet) but I pleased with how it's starting, this is a picture frame upside down and a bit of the ornamentation filed off its actually 2  mil to low in scale but that's only a couple of inches overall.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
KP, Nice progress............. :thumb:

Cheers,

ggc :codger:
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
How about some clear resin to fill it up?
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Not the Revell workbench · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources