Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Revell Modelling SIG at ScaleModelWorld 2017
Topic Started: Oct 2 2017, 03:34 PM (637 Views)
beany
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
There is a month and a bit to go so I'd like to start asking how many people will be able to support me this year by either bringing kits for the table and/or helping to man the table at any point over the weekend. All assistance will be greatly appreciated.
There is no theme for the table again this year, if it is Revell or Matchbox (or anyone else) re-boxed by Revell then it will be good enough. I'd just like to get some variety to make the table interesting, so cars, ships, rockets, figures, Zany Planes, motorbikes/Choppers and Dragsters etc. etc. will be nice to bolster the airplanes.

Please post below if you can help out at all (I'll be supporting other tables myself over the weekend so the display may be unmanned for short periods as it is).

Cheers
Al.
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Hi Al, unlikely I will be able to attend both days, but provisionally arranged with my better half to come down on the Saturday.

Is there anything in particular you would like for the display?
Goto Top

fred
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I'll be there Friday to Sunday.
I wouldn't be able to do many hours on the tables, may be an hour or so at a stint.

I can bring some kits; mostly aeroplanes and an 1/76 M16 halftrack
Posted Image

Revell re-issued some Frog kits too
I built the He.111
a Revell Do.17z and Ju.88 - I can bring those
Ju.87
Hurricanes
Messer 109G10
Spitfire Vb
[all 1/72]

1/1200 Aida on a sea base
1/1200 Titanic as HMHS Britannic

Edited by fred, Oct 15 2017, 02:47 PM.
Goto Top

beany
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Johni044
Oct 15 2017, 02:24 PM
Hi Al, unlikely I will be able to attend both days, but provisionally arranged with my better half to come down on the Saturday.

Is there anything in particular you would like for the display?
Anything you bring will be appreciated John, but the 1/48 B-58 Hustler and the QATAR C-17 you brought to Cosford last year are particular favourites of mine. :thumb:
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Iíll get the duster out than Al 😉
Goto Top

TimJ
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I should be there Friday to Sunday. I can bring some cars and Matchbox AFVs. I can also put in some time behind the table if needed.
Goto Top

chrism
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
What I wrote on the facebook comment re Telford still applies here as well.
Goto Top

fred
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I've been sorting out what to bring;

In 1/72
He.111
Do.17
Ju.88
Ju.87
Me 109 [maybe just one]
Spitfire Vb [maybe 3]
Hurricane [maybe one]
Ki-61 Tony

Some WW1 Types;
Fokker DR1
Fokker D.VII
Spad XIII
Sopwith Triplane
Morane-Saulnier N

1/76
M16 halftrack

1/1200
Aida
Britannic [Titanic]
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
The floor plan is now up on IPMS, were at 2B E6. Full SIG lists etc on the link.

http://ipmsuk.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Scale-ModelWorld-2017-Branch-SIG-Listing.pdf
Goto Top

fred
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The N.I. team will be at 2D F4
Not very far away so I can wander over to the Revellation tables when I can
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Hope to see you Fred.

A bit more info
Posted Image
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
With my family commitments I will have to travel down early Sat morning, whatís the access and parking like first thing?
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Depends what you call first thing. Getting in and parking is usually OK between 07.30-08.30, after that a scrum develops at the junction where TIC entrance is located. There's only one way in and it's usually very busy up to 10.00.
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
I was planning to be there well before 7:30😉
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
You shouldn't have any problems. I might just about be out of bed by then! Staying at the international which means I walk into the venue.
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Do I need a pass to get in? If so can I meet someone to get one?
Goto Top

beany
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
A good, busy day today at ScaleModelWorld here in Telford today with me and John behind the table and contributions from Paul, Andy, Tim and Dick Clark. In the Kit Swap I bagged a vintage 1/32 Revell Spitfire Mk.I for £6.00 and also the vintage 1/32 RAF Corsair for £12.00. Another vintage find was an old boxing of the Dave Deals Go Mad Nomad car which I've wanted ever since seeing Tim's on out table at the past few show - and on display today!
I'll take lots of photos tomorrow and post them up on Monday probably.
Cheer
Al.
Goto Top

johnnyb
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I would love to make this show one day, if I can find the time and money to make it across the pond. Have a great time! Looking forward to seeing those photos.
Goto Top

beany
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The Revell Modelling SIG display at ScaleModelWorld 2017

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is also a short video clip of the table here:
https://www.facebook.com/ourspaceforRevellAtions/videos/1475342249251819/?notif_id=1510527760182005&notif_t=page_fan

Cheers
Al.
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Great pics... :thumb: Thanks for sharing... :clap:

Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · IPMS News · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources