Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Revell 1/24 Varus 4x4
Topic Started: Oct 31 2017, 09:22 PM (723 Views)
KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Never tried a truck before but saw this and had some birthday money soon,
​​​​​​​Posted Image
Goto Top

Martin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Looking forward to see your first truck.
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
This was my take on the truck..
It started off as a 4x4 fire truck with wheels and tyres plus cargo body from a Unimog,and a HI-AB from an Italeri truck spares kit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
That's a great version, nice twist.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Not sure what's happening here. Trying to paint the rad and fan blade washed the sprue as normal in soapy water but the paint won't stick I've primed it and taken it off 3 times (other parts on the same sprue were fine first time) the rad and the fan blade just won't seem to take the paint (it looks like a grease problem) I've scrubbed it with meths even but still get the same problem.
Help.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all here is the next instalment.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

fnugen
Member Avatar
Amateur builder for life
[ *  *  * ]
KP is nuts
Nov 3 2017, 07:31 PM
Not sure what's happening here. Trying to paint the rad and fan blade washed the sprue as normal in soapy water but the paint won't stick I've primed it and taken it off 3 times (other parts on the same sprue were fine first time) the rad and the fan blade just won't seem to take the paint (it looks like a grease problem) I've scrubbed it with meths even but still get the same problem.
Help.
Have you tried a light sanding? Maybe a slightly rough surface will allow it to adhere. I don't mean really coarse sandpaper either. Really fine grit. I've never had the problem you describe, but I've found that very fine scuffing sometimes helps in situations similar when paint doesn't lay down properly.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
I like the sanding idea, but if all else fails try a coat of diluted white glue, then paint.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks for the suggestions Ciff seemed to cure the problem.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Some more work on the chassis.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
It's a nicely detailed kit.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all done a bit more to this super detailed chassis (Not done a truck before I'm amazed how much detail there is just in the chassis) I think I'm only about half way through it.
Posted Image
I've started on the cab also. I used foil on the roof
Posted Image
I think it looks too clean so I weathered it a bit and added some other details.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

Martin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
You are master of weathering...all parts so far looks like from the real truck...great inspiration. :thumb:
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks very much mate, I still think it looks a bit plasticky the trouble is I like to really weather things and these trucks were well looked after so can't add much weathering.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all made a concerted effort on the chassis today, still a bit more to add (this really is a great kit I'm loving this as much as the London bus)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

Martin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Wow it is quite big ..great work.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Done a bit more to this amazing kit, the fit of parts is perfect, they really have done a great job of this kit the parts are such a good fit I've used no glue on any of this part.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

Martin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
This is very complex and nice kit indeed..and as we can see in right hands.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all next update.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi all I love this kit, the fit is exceptionally good and the detail is great, again no glue 
Posted Image
Posted Image
I tried a failed experiment the instructions say aluminium for this part so I tried aluminium foil
Posted Image
Yes I could try again but there are far more complex bits that have an aluminium background and this looks awful so I think I will use paint (although the ally doors will be simple enough with foil)
Goto Top

arni
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
What kind of foil did you use Ken? perhaps try it again using white glue and a q-tip (cotton bud) to smooth it down.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Vehicles · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources