Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
1:600 ST:TOS Constitution Class Starship; 04880/05721
Topic Started: Dec 18 2017, 08:46 PM (179 Views)
Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Make: Revell
Model: Star Trek:TOS Constitution Class Starship
Scale: 1:600
Kit Number: 04880/05721
Markings: NCC-1657 USS Potemkin
Type of Build: Out of Box
Paint Method: Brush Painted
Paints used: Revell Aquacolor throughout (except Rattle Can gold leaf on the base)
Weathering mediums used: None
Varnishes Used: Humbrol Clear; Revell Aquacolor Mat/Gloss 50/50 for Satin Finish
Decal Solution: Humbrol Decalfix
Aftermarket Items: None
Scratch Built Items: None

Here is my attempt at the Revell 2011 release of the Constitution Class Starfleet from Star Trek; The Original Series built as NCC-1657 USS Potemkin.

Posted Image

The Potemkin was named after Grigory Alexandrovitsh Potemkin (1739-1791) and was one of 4 Starships to participate in a wargame with the USS Enterprise to test the M-5 Experimental Multitronic unit designed by Doctor Richard Daystom (ST:TOS “The Ultimate Computer”). The others being the USS Lexington; USS Excalibur and USS Hood.

The experimental unit suffered a major error which resulting in it treating the simulation as an actual attack, in the resulting exchange 500 crew of the USS Lexington and USS Excalibur were killed and all four vessels damaged, a further attack resulted in the Excalibur being crippled. The Potemkin, Hood and Lexington were ordered to destroy the Enterprise, but quick thinking by it’s Captain after the M-5 unit had been disabled prevented this happening.

The kit had no fit issues, and was a joy to build after my experiences making the AMT version some years ago.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Very nice nostalgic piece..........."beam me up, Johnny"

Star Tech Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

jacksdad64
Member Avatar
Tornado geek
[ *  *  * ]
Very nice build John and lovely to see another starship other than the Enterprise.
I've been tempted with the 1/350 one which I hope to get one day.

Goto Top

johnnyb
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Very nice job!
Goto Top

robunos
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Very nice indeed! . . .
and for all you Trek fans . . .

http://up-ship.com/blog/?p=14177

cheers,
Robin.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Space and Science Fiction · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources