Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Cutty Sark 1/96
Topic Started: Jan 8 2018, 02:53 PM (237 Views)
GerryF
[ * ]
Hi All,

I'm new to the site. My son bought me this for Christmas so if anyone out there has made this kit, I'd love to hear from you and happy to get any hints or tips!!

As it was a present, I have to finish it

I'm taking photos of every stage, just so that my son knows I'm working on it.
Goto Top

GerryF
[ * ]
Don't you hate spell check. I meant 'Cutty Sark'
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
GerryF
Jan 8 2018, 02:58 PM
Don't you hate spell check. I meant 'Cutty Sark'
I'm sure it will have it's "cute" aspects.......... :woo:

Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Well that's the first problem solved! For future reference, if you find a typo in a thread title, go back to the first post and edit. You can then re-type the title, although this time round I've taken the liberty of fixing it, but anybody that starts a thread can do it.

Looking forward to photos!
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
Looking forward to seeing this. Particulaly as this kit is the same age as me (circa 1960) and has been released by Revell over a dozen times in the last 57 years.

Good luck, from what Iíve read itís held in high regard.
Goto Top

GerryF
[ * ]
Thanks, everyone. So far so good. It will take ages and I'm dreading the rigging!
Goto Top

Mark M
Member Avatar
Mark M
[ *  *  * ]
can you post up some phots?
Goto Top

GerryF
[ * ]
Hi Mark, yes, I will do when it starts to look a bit more interesting (and when I've corrected one or two paint errors!)
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hi Gerry I built the Thermopylae (which is basically the same kit) it looks very nice when finished. If you need ant help just yell.
Goto Top

GerryF
[ * ]
Thanks, KP. I'll let you know if I get stuck. I've already come across what I think might be a significant error in the instructions (unless I'm just being thick!). Good job I read ahead and didn't carried away with the glue.
Goto Top

KP is nuts
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Look forward to some pics.
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ships and Water Craft · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources