Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Tiger I 1/72
Topic Started: Mar 27 2018, 06:07 PM (88 Views)
peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
Now that I've photographed it I've seen one or two things that I might tweak, otherwise it's pretty much as done as it will ever be.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

johnnyb
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Looks great, but those tow cables look way out of scale.
Goto Top

jacksdad64
Member Avatar
Tornado geek
[ *  *  * ]
Nice T1 Paul. Is that the initial camo used in Tunisia?

Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
johnnyb
Mar 27 2018, 08:53 PM
Looks great, but those tow cables look way out of scale.
A couple of things to ponder:-

1. The images on my monitor are about 3-4 times larger than the model, the cables appear heavily emphasised (it's also punishing on the finished model!).

2. The cables are moulded as thinly as I would guess practicable in this scale.

I've got a Dragon kit where the cable is provided as stranded wire with separate moulded eyelets, this is probably a lot more scalish. Also I have an Ace Centurion kit where they supply cables as moulded vinyl, not bad in principle but it leaves you with flash to remove.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
jacksdad64
Mar 28 2018, 10:31 AM
Is that the initial camo used in Tunisia?

That's the idea, 'pea green' according to eyewitness accounts. I used Tamiya X58 which is the recommendation from one reference I found. The instructions quote 813 as belonging to the 'Kampfgruppe Lang', Panzer Regiment 7, 10.PzDiv,Maknassy Pass, 1943.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
After a bit of consideration I decided the top of the tank looked too clean compared with the lower hull, so I've dusted it up a bit. It really needs a base now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Armour and Soft Skins · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources