Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Click on the banner link at the top right to access the official Revell Community (German)

CLICK HERE to see new posts in last 24 hours

Mark all forums read
Welcome to Revell Model Kits, Plastic Modelling, Kit Reviews, Advice & Exchange of Ideas. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
The future for Revell
Topic Started: Apr 8 2018, 01:02 PM (306 Views)
peebeep
Member Avatar
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
[ *  *  * ]
With the effective financial collapse of Hobbico, some of you may have been wondering what will happen to Revell. Hobbico put up both of their Revell interests for auction the other week, but there were apparently no bids, but I did pick up a snippet that there may be some behind the scenes negotiations going on. The latest is that a court hearing to discuss the auction scheduled for April 10th has been rescheduled to April 13th, so it may be that a third party is interested in buying one, or both Revell companies and that negotiations are ongoing.
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Paul, thanks for the update, hopefully the Revell brand will survive.. :clap: Any news if production of kits continues during this period..? :hmm:

Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

modelldoc
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
There is a little light on the horizon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9uLDzzKNc

At 8:15 comes interesting news.

modelldoc
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
CPNGROATS
Apr 8 2018, 11:24 PM
Any news if production of kits continues during this period..? :hmm:

I can't imagine it would cease, unless somebody in the chain thinks they're not going to get paid. If you halt production it's self-asphyxiation as your cash flow dries up.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
modelldoc
Apr 9 2018, 12:14 PM
At 8:15 comes interesting news.
Thanks modelldoc, I listened to the whole chunk relating to the Hobbico collapse. It confirmed my belief that Revell GmbH management would try and buy itself out, I hope this is the case. We'll find out tomorrow.
Goto Top

modelldoc
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
So, a german finance investment bought Revell:

http://upshotservices.s3.amazonaws.com/files/ff11e972-f6c7-458c-a00b-05e14958d7f7/5ed51134-635a-4fd4-882c-7cf95721ae59.pdf

http://upshotservices.s3.amazonaws.com/files/ff11e972-f6c7-458c-a00b-05e14958d7f7/f14c1828-a160-4bbc-8d90-2e6ba2f58964.pdf

modelldoc
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Does anybody know what 'Global Revell Lot' consists of? Is this Revell GmbH and Revell US?
Goto Top

modelldoc
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Here are more information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppjmY8APHqM

modelldoc
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Question answered! Thanks for the heads up modelldoc.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I've been following up any leads as to what's happening/will happen to Revell. One thing I'm picking up is that Revell US is now effectively defunct, all activity will be conducted in Germany. Obviously this is the worst possible news for any Revell US employees.
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
If thatís so it will be sad Paul. Of the two sides from what Iíve seen RoG seem to have been much more active in the development and release of kits(both in house and in co-operation) than Revell USA.

I was really surprised when the PT-109 came out from RoG as it was a subject I would have thought much more geared to the US market. Revell USA appear to have mainly been reboxing their own and old Monogram kits bye and large.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I think there's the clue, they haven't really done much to expand their catalogue or the business, just ticking over. Reminiscent of Airfix pre-Hornby.
Goto Top

modelldoc
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
This is a new comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vW2e4rmJ44

modelldoc
Goto Top

CPNGROATS
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Looks like the end of the road for Revell-USA.... :fp: I'm going to rummage through the stash looking for "old tools".... :beer:

Cheers,

ggc
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
That pretty much confirms it, Revell USA is no more.
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
But the moulds live on hopefully.
Goto Top

peebeep
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
All the assets, inventory and licences now belong to what is effectively a new company that can now simply be called 'Revell'. They buyer bought the whole lot, lock stock and barrel and are only leasing the premises in the US until they ship everything out.
Goto Top

echolmberg
[ *  * ]
Does this mean that Revell and Monogram kits will no longer be on the shelves in a few years' time?

Eric
Goto Top

Johni044
Member Avatar
John
[ *  *  * ]
echolmberg
Apr 20 2018, 01:47 PM
Does this mean that Revell and Monogram kits will no longer be on the shelves in a few years' time?

Eric
Whilst no guarantees I would think they will,all things being equal. All moulds, stock and trademarks are now the property of the new Company. I am aware that a couple of companies are wanting to re-nagotiate the liscences.

If there is a profitable market for the legacy kits I would have thought it would be exploited.
Goto Top

echolmberg
[ *  * ]
Johni044
Apr 20 2018, 02:16 PM
echolmberg
Apr 20 2018, 01:47 PM

Eric
Whilst no guarantees I would think they will,all things being equal.

You think that they will disappear or you think they will remain? Sorry. I struggled with "reading comprehension" in school. :-/

Eric
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Revell News · Next Topic »

Friends of RevellAtions
Skin created by Nikku from Zathyus Networks Resources