Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Random Screenshot Thread
Topic Started: Jul 12 2010, 11:11 AM (8,410 Views)
TomLucas
Member Avatar
Leader of the Celtic Demons
Posted Image
Heh. Before I even started playing New Vegas, I modded it. Almost every aspect of modding it is the same as Fallout 3.

Posted Image
Mods can be fun to play around with. Even in games like Resident Evil 5. XD

Posted Image
This was one of my mods for Left 4 Dead 2. Added in a lightsaber, a character based on a friend's OC and a Tank based on an ape with my own gruesome flair on it (compliments of my previous experience with modding Resident Evil 4).

Posted Image
Just a random Sonic Engine I found for Multimedia Fusion. Decided to play around with it. This probably won't be turned into a full game anytime soon. XD

TomLucas
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Kaede in a free game called Avalanche. This game engine was actually one I was considering using for my game, Star Fox: Paths of Fate. But the source code is difficult to work with, so I decided not to go with this one.

Posted Image
Brawl. Need I say more? XD

Posted Image
Jack in Killing Floor. This was more of a test than anything else. I was trying to see if I could port models to it. I certainly can. In fact, I could even make an entirely new game with it, because the SDK for the game was released. Might play around with the SDK sometime.

Posted Image
Max Payne. Or rather, a mod of Max Payne called Katana. The mod, Katana is often considered the love child of Max Payne and Kill Bill. XD

Jack isn't really the kind of person who uses swords, but I was feeling too lazy to code in my own moveset making use of his claws.

Posted Image
MUGEN. I actually had a work in progress of Kaede and another Celtic Demon named Angelo for this. I got started on a WIP of Krystal in her Assault suit, too, but that hasn't gotten anywhere. If there's enough demand for it, I might make the Krystal character.

And yes, I'm aware Jack's hair looks like a spider. XD

Posted Image
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. This was a little trickier than I thought because although Bethesda used a modified version of the Oblivion engine to make Fallout 3/NV, character models aren't done the same way.

Posted Image
Jack in Fallout 3. Alongside Krystal.
Although Krystal and Jack fight for opposing teams, I guess after crashing in the Wasteland they thought they'd put their differences aside for the time being. XD

Posted Image
Jack was originally going to be ported to Portal. But Kaede would make more sense considering the protagonist of Portal is a girl.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Jack in UDK. I was testing out my model and some custom animations. However, having trouble getting melee and weapon scripts working properly.
Edited by TomLucas, Dec 23 2010, 08:14 PM.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
It's more of a coding issue than an animation one.

Basically, I'm unable to get the firing animations to play when using weapons. Even though, there's a firing state in the animation tree, it doesn't work. It'd always act like no weapon's being fired. And I don't see any trigger for it in the firing code.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
At the moment, no. Not without a ton of work, that is.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
I'll do what I can to update the Krystal and Jack models. Might even include Kaede.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
The list of models for Gmod will be:
Krystal - Paths of Fate
Krystal - Assault
Krystal - Adventures
Nero Krystal (boss from Paths of Fate)
Kursed
Jack Thorn
Kaede Rosso

There might be a few random reskins included such as Krystal in Celtic Demons styled clothes, Spider-Krystal (just a random idea I got today. Just Krystal in a spider-man costume. XD) amongst other things.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
Well, there aren't plans to make them playable. But I'll see what I can do about that.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
Quote:

Take you're time, I Understand a fair amount of the difficulties on assigning animations Especially when having to use notepad to do so.

Though is the First Pof Krystal mentioned the same Model seen in the Krystal Gameplay Video or the same as the older model we use?

The PoF Krystal is the one you've been using though I'm working on updating it. Smoothing the model, making the fur look less flat, fixing up the rigging, etc.

Though there may be some of Krystal's other outfits from PoF showing up, like the yellow jumpsuit or her casual clothes.

Quote:

Do jack as venom! and please do some of the krystals as playermodels at least the paths of fate one.

and is Nero krystal the black Krystal or the old nero krystal?

Nero Krystal is Dark Krystal. Just thought the whole "Dark" prefix was a little overused. Like Dark Link, Dark Mario, Dark Samus. So I thought Nero would be a little better. Nero is Latin for black.

As for Jack as Venom... that's a definite maybe. Heh. Venom would be a little harder to create than the Spider-man outfit for Krystal since Venom has a more warped body than Spider-man.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
Wow. The models are actually pretty impressive. Especially for the PSP.
On a slightly random note, can't wait to see how the 3DS will handle their games and models considering some games have graphics that rival the next-gen consoles.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
Well, Square Enix seem to be one of the best video game animators (in my opinion) due to how fluid they can make key-frame animations especially when it comes to characters with multiple moving parts (like cloaks, Sephiroth's hair, things like that). But yeah, I can imagine their work must take a long time to make.

Anyway, about the Krystal model. This is what the current update looks like. The hair had to be removed to prevent some vertex welding issues with the fur. Though I've added the hair back in because now I'm working on the shapekeys.
Posted Image

TomLucas
Member Avatar
If the hair goes completely transparent, when walking in front of another semi-transparent object (like a window for example). Then it could be alpha multiplication. Sounds more like a vmt issue than a model one.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
You may want to flip the faces on the wheels. Heh.

I know this isn't a game screenshot, but I recently made two renders.
Posted Image
Posted Image

TomLucas
Member Avatar
Quote:

hmm... I think the Pant's on the Pof Krystal model Still need a bit of work on the weights for the pelvis area (unless it's supposed to be like that), But the new texture on the boots and the lighting make it up pretty well, Jack.

And don't worry about the placement, Posts of 3d renders on here are fine on here till we get an art section. But you can make you're own thread in the PC gaming section, and I could try to move it once we have the new section ready.

You're right about the pants. The weights still need adjusting on them. There are few other parts that need adjusting, too.

You can't see it in the render, but the elbows don't have smooth weights adjusted to them, yet.

I think I will make a thread for my renders in here. Like you said, it could always be moved, once an art section is ready.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
It's somewhat updated. Still some work that needs doing, though.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
Well, here's a work in progress shot of the upcoming update for Krystal in gmod.
Posted Image

Note the fur effect and the improved eyes. Heh. The eyes, unlike the previous version are rounded and not flat planes. They also have envmaps (texture based reflections) to help make them look a little more life-like.

Bump maps and shapekeys are currently being worked on. There may be a few more fur meshes to add more depth to the fur.

As for shapekeys, there won't be as many as the previous version. They'll mostly be simplified, but still allow a good deal of facial expressions to be displayed.

There will be more outfits made for Krystal, too after the PoF version is finally updated.
Outfits included will be:
Paths of Fate outfit (the one displayed in the screenshot)
Adventures outfit
Assault outfit
Cornerian Defense Force outfit
Training gear (never before seen)

There a possibility of a Kursed version of Krystal, but after the outfits listed above are finished, I'll see about making a Kursed model.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · PC and Mac Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: