Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Star Fox Adventures; Where the controversy began...
Topic Started: Jul 29 2010, 12:55 PM (4,191 Views)
Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
I beat the Test of Fear first try nowadays, but when we first did it we (being my older brother and I) resorted to muting it and putting a magazine over most of the screen, leaving just the top uncovered so we could see the bar.

Yeah, we ruled XD

Deleted User
Deleted User

For some reason, I can play it while looking at the meter on the top and glancing at the carnage below. However, the first time I did it in a while the sudden jump to the right when the screen's colors went into "Scales' eyes mode" it caught me by surprise. After going through that, it was easy :t:P:

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
I'll sum up my opinion on it. Adventures was a great game, just one that didn't fit too well in the Star Fox universe. Why would you send the best pilots on a mission that involves little or no flying? With the lack of logic out of the way though, it was a pretty solid game. Not as good as some Zelda games, but a good one nonetheless.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
crazyfooinc
Aug 16 2010, 03:31 PM
I'll sum up my opinion on it. Adventures was a great game, just one that didn't fit too well in the Star Fox universe. Why would you send the best pilots on a mission that involves little or no flying? With the lack of logic out of the way though, it was a pretty solid game. Not as good as some Zelda games, but a good one nonetheless.
First wanna say, not trying to negate your points, just trying to discuss^^

Yeah, they do seem to be some of the better pilots in the Lylat system, but maybe Pepper just knew he could trust Fox to get the job done? After all, they're mercenaries, so that doesn't limit them to space combat.

As for the Zelda thing, I agree. The gameplay obviously had that Zelda feel to it, but if you're comparing the two games' styles I would say Zelda wins, no questions asked.

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Ris
Aug 16 2010, 10:27 PM
crazyfooinc
First wanna say, not trying to negate your points, just trying to discuss^^

Yeah, they do seem to be some of the better pilots in the Lylat system, but maybe Pepper just knew he could trust Fox to get the job done? After all, they're mercenaries, so that doesn't limit them to space combat.

As for the Zelda thing, I agree. The gameplay obviously had that Zelda feel to it, but if you're comparing the two games' styles I would say Zelda wins, no questions asked.
Agreed, and don't worry, it's just a friendly discussion :nod:

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
crazyfooinc
Aug 16 2010, 10:31 PM
Well, you know how some people get lol

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Ris
Aug 16 2010, 10:39 PM
crazyfooinc
Aug 16 2010, 10:31 PM
Well, you know how some people get lol
Haha, yeah :nod:

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
crazyfooinc
Yeah, I agree there.

Star Fox Adventures is to the Star Fox Series what Super Mario 2 is to the Super Mario Series, the "odd game out", yet still cool in its own way.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The only problem I found with Assault....was I beat it in like....a matter of days of getting it...that is including work and stuff. But still, graphics for Fox were awesome, I like how it looked like he had REAL fur in this one.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I remember hearing that his models took ages to render!

Still, his SFA model was my favorite. After that it went downhill.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I mean, I understand they threw the game out there but on small details on there, it was pretty cool...I also like how his tail seemed to move like a real tail while running and whatnot.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hear you on that. More than once I found myself stopping and staring at it.

*twitch*

EEeeeeeee!

Deleted User
Deleted User

TheRedFox8
Nov 15 2010, 12:41 PM
I hear you on that. More than once I found myself stopping and staring at it.

*twitch*

EEeeeeeee!
me too my friend.....me too xD

Deleted User
Deleted User

I also liked his facial expressions a lot more than simply the puppet-like up and down animation used in Assault.

That drove me insane. It's like they went backward.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah, like when he first saw Krystal in the crystal......his expression was priceless.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Star Fox Cubed · Next Topic »
  • Pages: