Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Star Fox Assault; Back to basics, but with new stuff in store
Topic Started: Sep 2 2010, 12:47 PM (1,707 Views)
Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
In this thread, we're here to talk about Star Fox Assault.

The good, the bad, and the weird.

I liked the addition of Panther to Star Wolf, and the removal of Andrew Oikonny. Killing Pigma was pretty cool. The Star Wolf battle was fun.

Didn't care for Leon's new voice (he sounded almost like Beavis from "Beavis and Butthead"). I like the mix of on foot, Landmaster, and Arwing missions...the weapons are awesome, the duel mode...

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
I liked the soundtrack as well, liked the renderings...Krystal and Fox seemed a bit "wooden" in their acting...but other than that, I like it. I liked General Pepper's jowly, "Richard Nixon" voice "Let me say this, about that! I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I, am not an Aparoid!"

I like how Slippy and Peppy sounded in Assault, it was a welcome change from SF Adventures, where Slippy sounded like the Pillsbury Doughboy, and Peppy sounding 80 years old and constipated in SF-Adv.

ROB sounded okay in Assault as well.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
The game kinda ended a little too quickly though...

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Kid_Cortet
Nov 14 2010, 09:45 PM
But that is the thing, 64 was not really that long either, the only game the FELT like it took forever was Adventures...but this is the wrong topic to go into that. But I felt it was a bit shabby on Level Length
I agree with both your points...

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Lotsa these Star Fox bad guys' names start with an "A"...Andross, Aparoids, Anglars, A$$holes :P

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Vixie Darkmatter
Jan 5 2011, 11:01 AM
Next we'll have the A Team attack. Only this team will be made of Andross, the Aparoid queen and the Anglar emperor all working together, plus Grover from Sesame Street for some reason.

Grover: This attack was brought to you by the letter "A"!

I guess we know why he's here now. *facepaw*
:lol: Nice!

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Vixie Darkmatter
Jan 9 2011, 04:43 PM
They did have the Great Fox II in command, I have to agree with what many others has said, it doesn't look good at all.

Great Fox 2, looks like poo...

Or, as TheRedFox8 posted earlier, "A flying potato", which, when you think about it, looks like...well, you know, poo. :lol:

Edited by Julius Quasar, Jan 25 2011, 09:58 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
FoxMcCloud
Jan 27 2011, 10:42 PM
Design wise, it was just, so awesome
Agreed!

Quote:

Now we get the Great Fox II: a flying potato.

I'm SO glad that SFC wasn't canon.

...or, a flying piece of poo xD

I'm also glad SFC wasn't/isn't Canon.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Blazethesage
Feb 11 2011, 02:45 PM
On a more serious note, I think the reason they went with a new design for the Great Fox II rather than going with something resembling the old design... funds.

The Great Fox was NOT a cheap machine. James McCloud left Fox an 80-year Mortgage behind on the damn thing when he died. It may be gone, but Fox will still be paying for it for the rest of his life. He had to go with something smaller, and cheaper.

As for Star Wolf, I'm really not surprised that they lived. All we saw was them leading away a bunch of enemies so that you could go for the queen. They're a competent crew, and while the things looked intimidating, they could be killed. It was just that Fox and them didn't really have time to deal with it, they needed to get to the Queen, so Wolf took Panther and Leon and opened the path for 'em.

As for Peppy, gogo escape pod. If you'll notice, the front of the escape pod Peppy shows up in looks suspiciously like the external view of the Great Fox's bridge. Peppy never had to move anywhere, he just fired the thing up and got the heck outta dodge before the rest of the Great Fox ker-sploded.

I like the touch with his bandaged cheek and arm where the parts of him that were starting to look Aparoid-y obviously 'sploded with the Queen.
^ I can agree there.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Cool! ^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Star Fox Cubed · Next Topic »