Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Star Fox Command; share your cheers or jeers for this controversial game
Topic Started: Oct 18 2010, 07:04 PM (2,580 Views)
Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Well, I liked certain aspects of it, like each player having their own unique vessel.

But what I disliked was the team breaking up, the 8 different endings, some of them depressing as hell. The fuel/time limits, and collecting all those stars was a pain, and the controls themselves....D-Pad AND stylus use required, along with the buttons. Give us a break.

The "Kursed" concept is cool, but wrong. If they made "Kursed" more like "The Crow", then maybe I'd like that concept of her a little more, but...as things are currently with the "Kursed" concept, nah.

The characters were poorly animated, they didn't have real dialogue, and the enemy was just...ridiculous. The artwork and music stank.

Thank God that game and its storyline and storyline endings are NOT considered canon.

Edited by Julius Quasar, Oct 19 2010, 03:45 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Evilwaffles
Nov 22 2010, 01:27 AM
The artists of Command sucked... HARD! Fan art of Marcus is a lot better. They made Krystal look like crap, Wolf was just... ick.

^ This! And there was NO DIALOGUE! It was okay for the SNES, with the chattering for the communication conversations, but not for this day and age of newer star fox games.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Moticean
Nov 25 2010, 01:23 PM
I know...the least they could have done was NOT make it sound like the sims....xD

^ totally! :lol:

Quote:

I've heard that you can tear up your touch screen pretty badly if you aren't careful.

true 'dat! the touch screen was a bad idea for use in an SF game

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
crazyfooinc
Jan 16 2011, 06:01 PM
I've always been one for despising Command, although I don't have many problems with the core game itself; just how it was executed.

My problems with Command;

1.) No On-Rails Shooting

Isn't this more or less the BASIS for a StarFox game? I don't have problems with All-Range-Mode WHEN USED SPARINGLY, but Command overdid it.

2.) Time Limit

To provide challenge, I know there would have to be a time limit of some sort (especially since there are no scripted on-rails segments), but the explanation they give is ridiculous. You run out of fuel? IN LESS THAN 200 SECONDS? Now I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm pretty sure that an advanced space craft would be able to get slightly better miles per gallon than a Hummer XD.

3.) Defeating Motherships

To take out motherships, the most effective thing to do is KAMIKAZE-BARREL-ROLL into it and come out unscathed? Really, they couldn't come up with something better?

4.) Missile Chase Sequences

The destruction of missiles heading toward the Great Fox is a novel idea, but you'd think the Great Fox would have some type of defense, other than the two canons permanently facing forward.

5.) The Great Fox

What was the point of the design change? It looks hideous now!

6.) Multiple Endings

Big problem here; multiple endings makes it quite hard to continue a series if Command is counted as canon. (Thank goodness it's not) It's made even worse by the fact that the majority of the endings are absolutely damning to the main characters, and that they are poorly-written excuses for an ending. Command felt more like a bad fanfiction in this sense.

That just about does it :animesweat:
^ THIS!

Quote:

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but how do we know that Command isn't part of the canon?

Well...

Quote:

I believe it was stated by someone at Nintendo :animesweat:

Thank GOD!

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Megas75
May 29 2011, 10:18 PM
I thought Command was a fine game, but it's my least favorite in the series. The story was crap, and the controls were iffy. Once you get past the controls it was fun, despite annoying nuisances(like the TIME LIMIT). I also like how everyone had different ships
I agree with most of that statement. :nod:

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
I agree. The time limit, the sucky endings, and the messing up of the characters, along with the crappy overall plot were main frame of crap for that game.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Jun 3 2012, 10:31 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Saphiria-Mercury O'Hedge
Jun 4 2012, 08:55 AM
It truely bugged me why Nintendo made this game together with Q-Games... I believe that not Nintendo came up with all those crap ideas, I believe it was Q-Games who messed this game up. It's even more rediculous that Nintendo was willing to use their ideas and put it into the game.

Though I totally forgot that Nintendo and Q-Games worked on Star Fox64 and the 3Ds remake of it...
I'm sure. Q-Games is most likely the villain in this, BUT, Nintendo s guilty too. Too bad someone couldn't make a Star Fox game where the plot is "We have to stop Nintendo from letting this game developer from making another crappy star Fox game!" but that would break the fourth wall, steal form the first "Wayne's World" movie, and be equally crappy a game with a harebrained plot like that. It would have to be a fan made game. xD

Quote:

Maybe they slapped the Star Fox stuff on the game, much like they did with Adventures.

In the words of the Angry Video Game Nerd: "It's as if they sh@t into a bag, and wrote 'Star Fox' on it!" xD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Ugh, the Rainbow Delta was the worst. xP

The characters were also really warped looking.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
It was sooooooo freakin' hard to pilot the aircraft using the D-Pad, the stylus, AND the buttons. We only have 2 hands!

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
The Great Fox 2 looked like a giant outer-space turd...

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
TheRedFox8
Jun 7 2012, 03:22 AM
It's too bad the old one got blown up :(
Tell me about it...80 year mortgage....

Quote:

...i love the cloud runner. i hope they keep that new ship design though.

The Cloud Runner was okay. :nod:

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
TheRedFox8
Jun 7 2012, 12:52 PM
All because the Peppy had to go kamikaze with it :lol:
It woulda been funny if he was waving around a cowboy hat and going "YYYYYYEEEEEEE-HHHHAAAAAAWWWW!" a' la Major Kong riding that bomb in Dr. Strangelove. :lol:

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlSQAZEp3PA[/utube]

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Ha haaa! Awesome, Kursed! Remember when FredryKPhox had the Landmaster horn play "La Cucaracha" on his cartoon? xD

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Portable Star Fox · Next Topic »