Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Star Fox Command; share your cheers or jeers for this controversial game
Topic Started: Oct 18 2010, 07:04 PM (2,553 Views)
crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
I've always been one for despising Command, although I don't have many problems with the core game itself; just how it was executed.

My problems with Command;

1.) No On-Rails Shooting

Isn't this more or less the BASIS for a StarFox game? I don't have problems with All-Range-Mode WHEN USED SPARINGLY, but Command overdid it.

2.) Time Limit

To provide challenge, I know there would have to be a time limit of some sort (especially since there are no scripted on-rails segments), but the explanation they give is ridiculous. You run out of fuel? IN LESS THAN 200 SECONDS? Now I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm pretty sure that an advanced space craft would be able to get slightly better miles per gallon than a Hummer XD.

3.) Defeating Motherships

To take out motherships, the most effective thing to do is KAMIKAZE-BARREL-ROLL into it and come out unscathed? Really, they couldn't come up with something better?

4.) Missile Chase Sequences

The destruction of missiles heading toward the Great Fox is a novel idea, but you'd think the Great Fox would have some type of defense, other than the two canons permanently facing forward.

5.) The Great Fox

What was the point of the design change? It looks hideous now!

6.) Multiple Endings

Big problem here; multiple endings makes it quite hard to continue a series if Command is counted as canon. (Thank goodness it's not) It's made even worse by the fact that the majority of the endings are absolutely damning to the main characters, and that they are poorly-written excuses for an ending. Command felt more like a bad fanfiction in this sense.

That just about does it :animesweat:

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Vixie Darkmatter
Jan 17 2011, 10:24 AM
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but how do we know that Command isn't part of the canon?
I believe it was stated by someone at Nintendo :animesweat:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Portable Star Fox · Next Topic »