Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Topic Started: Nov 14 2010, 09:12 PM (2,078 Views)
Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Love love love Brawl. I play all the time. Well, I did, before my Wii messed up. Now I can only play at a friend's house.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Meh, it's alright. I don't live too far from him, so it's never too much hassle to call him up and arrange a visit.

So, anyone here think they might be on a professional level when playing? I've never been to a tournament, but I'd like to try sometime. I think my Marth or Wolf could do some damage.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
It's not too hard. If it was Melee or Street Fighter or something sure, but the competitive scene in Brawl is pretty tame. That's partly why I want to try it. I'm not terribly good at many games I play.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
I never play with Final Smashes. I'm too much of a tourney tard :P

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Vixie Darkmatter
Dec 25 2010, 11:56 AM
If there's no smash ball/items on I use Samus(Zero Suit). I don't like to use Samus in suit so much, and her final smash could be considered the worst one.
Zero Suit is hella fun. I can never decide who I want to play with, so I play random most of the time unless I'm trying to win. In that case, I'll play as either Marth, Wolf, Toon Link, and sometimes Falco, depending on the situation.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Technically, a the difference between amateurs and pros is that a pro gets payed.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Because it's better to have a job doing something you enjoy than doing something you don't enjoy. Of course, gaming is a horribly impractical profession, so making a job out of it will likely wind up with you not making nearly enough money to survive. Pro gaming is more a hobby than a career.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Playing competitively is actually pretty fun. I've never been to a tournament myself, but several of my friends and I would like to go to one sometime. We frequent Smashboards and keep up to date on the tactics for our mains and matchups and such, and get some pretty fun, intense matches out of it all.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
http://www.smashboards.com/

It's pretty helpful even in casual play, and I always find it fun to follow the tiers and such.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Unfortunately, I staunchly refuse to play Brawl online due to the button lag making me perform horribly. I'd have to play you all in person if I wanted to show you how to REALLY Brawl. Alas.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Maybe. I am horribad at Brawl online, though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Nintendo Wii · Next Topic »