Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Half-Life 2
Topic Started: Nov 20 2010, 06:24 PM (421 Views)
Star Fox Runner
Member Avatar
CDF Private
Okay, for the people who have played this game, how many of you loved it when you first booted it up?

I like Half-Life 2 so much because other FPS go for a more cinematic approach or to try and do these cutscenes that make the character look all badass. And truthfully, it just makes them seem too fantastical, and less believable.

Half-Life 2, the characters, enemies, and environments all seem believable and real, you can choose to mess around during the story sequences, and all the cool badass moments, it's not just some scripted cutscene where you can't do anything, YOU actually do it, and it makes it feel more real.

What are all your thoughts?

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
You know you have a point, not all games allow you to interact with cutscenes. Though I didn't have a good impression of it when I first got the orange box (the motion blur actually got me sick lol) But when My power went And All I had to do was Single player I really was impressed by the Combine's AI and the uniqe plot the game had to it.

Also, I know you have photoshop, So go nuts... :P

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Photoshop_VTF_Plugin
Edited by OneWingedAngel92302, Nov 20 2010, 06:33 PM.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
INCOMING HEADCRAB CANISTERS.

well if you know how to you can kinda interact with certain cutscenes.. (jedi acadmy)

Star Fox Runner
Member Avatar
CDF Private
OneWingedAngel92302
Nov 20 2010, 06:31 PM
You know you have a point, not all games allow you to interact with cutscenes. Though I didn't have a good impression of it when I first got the orange box (the motion blur actually got me sick lol) But when My power went And All I had to do was Single player I really was impressed by the Combine's AI and the uniqe plot the game had to it.

I tried that plugin, it doesn't work with Mac Photoshop. :sob:

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
now that is a darn shame.

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
Star Fox Runner
Nov 20 2010, 06:41 PM
OneWingedAngel92302
Nov 20 2010, 06:31 PM

I tried that plugin, it doesn't work with Mac Photoshop. :sob:
Dang, Well... I guess We'll just have to wait for Mac version or something... Either that or I could convert a .vtf into a .tga if you'd still want to make something on you own.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Assassin's Creed let you interact with the cut scenes. You can walk around in them.

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Got all the Half Life games now, I love them to death, I don't know what it is about the game that makes it so damn fun to play, I'm going to try play through the games using only the crowbar/grav' gun (unless I have no other choices (gunships/snipers, etc)). I want ep3 or HL3 already : < I can wait though, seeing how I waited for SC2 for aroud 14 years and am still waiting on a console Starfox.

So far, the Freeman and Breen are my favourite characters out of that game, speaking of Breen, dead/alive or other?

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
Evilwaffles
Nov 21 2010, 09:10 AM
Got all the Half Life games now, I love them to death, I don't know what it is about the game that makes it so damn fun to play, I'm going to try play through the games using only the crowbar/grav' gun (unless I have no other choices (gunships/snipers, etc)). I want ep3 or HL3 already : < I can wait though, seeing how I waited for SC2 for aroud 14 years and am still waiting on a console Starfox.

So far, the Freeman and Breen are my favourite characters out of that game, speaking of Breen, dead/alive or other?
*sigh* considering that the voice Actor for Breen Died over the summer, I doubt it... :frown:

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Well sh!t... his voice was the best thing about him. *sigh* May he RIP. Breen did mention something about a host body, maybe he has moved to someone else?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah! We need someone to go HAAAAAAAAAAAAX!

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
TheRedFox8
Nov 21 2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah! We need someone to go HAAAAAAAAAAAAX!
That voice clip belive it or not is from a Rebel, not breen... :P

Deleted User
Deleted User

I know. It's the first time you meet the Man Hacks.

Star Fox Runner
Member Avatar
CDF Private
Evilwaffles
Nov 21 2010, 09:10 AM

There is actually an achievement in Episode One for that, you can only fire one bullet for the entire game so you can open a gate. Otherwise you can only use the Gravity Gun, the crowbar, Rocket Launcher, or Grenades.

It's difficult, but I managed to pull it off.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nice. I might have to check that one out as well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · PC and Mac Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: