Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Nintendo; The introduction of an Empire
Topic Started: Nov 23 2010, 01:35 AM (640 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Let's take a trip down memory lane shall we, back to the days video games were held in these large (nearly square) cartridges. And the little gray box that allowed you to play them, with the assistance of two rectangular controller with 5 easy buttons and for some a laser gun. Back to when some of the games we have today, all started as 2 dimensional pixels.

Deleted User
Deleted User

And the frustrations involved not getting them to work right 50% of the time.

Deleted User
Deleted User

That was because it was starting to get old, my friend, the thing came out in the '80's if I am not mistaken, so by the time we got the system, it was well starting to get old, but I know what you mean, having to fight to get it to work, and then when you finally get the thing started, halfway it would flicker and erase EVERYTHING you just did. xD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Ah, yes, and a HUGE game library...too bad so many of them sucked...not all were bad though.

I didn't like when they had a glitch, and you'd have to take the cartridge out, blow on it, then put it back in and hold RESET.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I had a technique that nearly always worked.

I'd lick the open end. Yes, lick, blow on it, and put it in barely, so when I pushed it down the end scraped against the NES on the front.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
Lol. I just noticed that Kid_Cortet basically made all the new topics in this thread. :animesweat:

Anyway, I never owned a Nintendo, sadly. But I have played Duck Hunt, LOZ 1 and 2, Super Mario Bros. (can't remember which one. probably the first one) and Punch Out (it is on the NES...right?)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yes it is.

I remember having World Class Track Meet, you know, the one with that stupid pad that you use to run.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
TheRedFox8
Nov 23 2010, 06:15 PM
Yes it is.

I remember having World Class Track Meet, you know, the one with that stupid pad that you use to run.
Ah, the memories.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The game I liked the most, but never really understood it until this day. Was a game called Dragon Warrior. The game play was like an early pokemon game, when you battles, you have four options, "Fight, Spell, Item, and Run." and it was like Mystery Dungeon cause to have to litterally walk over something, then open the main menu to use the command.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I remember a game that was called this weird French name. Never got it to work. Played the ROM of it, yeah, it sucks.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
TheRedFox8
Nov 23 2010, 06:15 PM
Yes it is.

Ah, I remember that piece of crap...

*gets down on my knees and slaps the front two spots repeatedly with my hands*

...you leave it out, and your cats or dogs piss and sh*t all over it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Because that's what they think of it. :P

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
TheRedFox8
Nov 24 2010, 06:19 AM
Because that's what they think of it. :P
Maybe so... :lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Anyone remember, Hogan's Ally? It was like....the ONLY other game that required the Laser gun to play.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I played a version of it on WarioWare Touched.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old School Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: