Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Nintendo; The introduction of an Empire
Topic Started: Nov 23 2010, 01:35 AM (681 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I used to love it......trying to hit the gang members without hurting sevilions

Redfox0706
Member Avatar
Long lost Friend.
Nintendo, in general is a revolutionary company... not to diss other console makers, but when the wii came out it was the first of its kind... then others started modifying their consoles to do similar actions... I know that's businesses... but do you think there would be "PlayStation Move" or "Xbox Kinect" if the wii was never invented? Just my view on it...

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
I remember owning those catridge containers for all my NES games, before me and my mom eventually ran into hard times and sold them off piece by piece. xD Biggest mistake I ever made, to be honest.

But I think the funniest moment I ever had as not thinking MegaMan was actually a series.

"Golly! Mega Man Vee? ... What's that supposed to mean?"

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
itsjustaaron
Mar 6 2011, 01:56 AM
I remember owning those catridge containers for all my NES games, before me and my mom eventually ran into hard times and sold them off piece by piece. xD Biggest mistake I ever made, to be honest.

But I think the funniest moment I ever had as not thinking MegaMan was actually a series.

"Golly! Mega Man Vee? ... What's that supposed to mean?"
Awww, that sucks!

I remember "Hogan's Alley", with the Zapper.

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
I can't even remember the whole list of games I owned, though. ): I'd have to shift through them at a yard sale to get the memory jogging. xD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
I'll definitely thank Nintendo for saving video games. Before Nintendo, we had Amiga Commodore, or Coleco computers. Their games sucked so bad, it wasn't until further into the 1980's did Nintendo save video games...I think the AVGN did a lecture on that...
Edited by Julius Quasar, Mar 8 2011, 02:11 PM.

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Musically, the Amiga and Commodore have more unique music in my opinion than the NES. It was pretty diverse.

But some NES music is good, though.

- "New Ghostbusters II" by HAL Studios (it sounds really Kirby-ish)
- "Jurassic Park"
- "Cheetahmen II"
- "King's Quest V" (particularly the town's theme)
- "Ghoul School" (main them was annoying, but the Music Room was good.)

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
itsjustaaron
Mar 8 2011, 05:05 PM
Musically, the Amiga and Commodore have more unique music in my opinion than the NES. It was pretty diverse.

But some NES music is good, though.

- "New Ghostbusters II" by HAL Studios (it sounds really Kirby-ish)
- "Jurassic Park"
- "Cheetahmen II"
- "King's Quest V" (particularly the town's theme)
- "Ghoul School" (main them was annoying, but the Music Room was good.)
Don't forget the other NES games with good themes:

Double Dragon 1 and 2
Castlevania
Time Lord
Zelda
Zelda 2
Rescue Rangers (Chip and Dale)
Adventures in Magic Kingdom
Contra
Super Mario Bros 1,2, and 3
Edited by Julius Quasar, Mar 8 2011, 06:00 PM.

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
I found the NES DD's to be kinda buggy. :/ I've got the originals on my MAME arcade emulator. :3

Castlevania, Super Mario series, and the Zelda ones are a given though. :3 I owned those, and played CV for a good bit on emulators too. Hm...

...holy crap, someone remembers Time Lord? xD

How do you pass the medeival tage in that game? I seriously can't figure it out. I know I have to collect orbs, but some are just unreachable! I usually get 3 of the 5 of them or something, and I can't pass it. :/

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
itsjustaaron
Mar 8 2011, 07:58 PM

...holy crap, someone remembers Time Lord? xD

How do you pass the medeival stage in that game? I seriously can't figure it out. I know I have to collect orbs, but some are just unreachable! I usually get 3 of the 5 of them or something, and I can't pass it. :/

How could I forget Time Lord?

Well, to pass the medieval level, you gotta sometimes do a super jump to get the orb at the top tower of that castle, or collect the growing flowers on the green top of the castle walls to get an orb to appear...youtube has lotsa walk-throughs to show it. I myself never got past the Western Stage, 'cause I couldn't reach this one stupid Orb that hung outta reach when you walked up to it, and came down when you walked away from it.

The World War 2 and Pirate Ship levels had the best themes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXIODmkBjQU (Pirate)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMjtbgHzRjw&feature=related (WW 2)

Edited by Julius Quasar, Mar 8 2011, 09:37 PM.

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
Oh man, thanks so much for showing me that. :D All I knew on that stage was how to get to the bottom level, and then I'd be so stuck.

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
Wow, I can't recall all the games I had, but one always stuck out in my mind other then Mario, the game was Ninja Gaiden. I was surprised to find out they made more after nintendo. When I found they made it buyable for the wii-ware, I bought it instantly xD

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
I went on wikipedia and found a few that I've rented---

1. Death Race (orsomething like it). It came on a blue cartridge and was nearly impossible to actually play. I don't think it was damaged, but until discovering it, it actually had to put in a certain way, I think. To this day, I can't believe Hollywood Video actually sold an unauthorized NES game for rent.

2. Ghoul School - Neat game, and something I didn't beat until later on, but man, the main theme music on the first area was on loop and annoying for quite some time. Only specific rooms had different themes (if not all), but it was scathing hearing it.

3. Bill and Ted's Excellent Video Game Adventure - "Your friend Bill asked me to give you absolutely no tips whatsoever! Party on, dudes!"

4. Dr. Chaos - If 'Something Awful' didn't understand it, I didn't understand it either. xD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Any of y'all remember this blast from the past?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT5NY5QxQ6Q

I know I do!

DarkXWolf12
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
I miss playing the old games

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Old School Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: