Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Recommendations for DS Games
Topic Started: Nov 28 2010, 11:57 AM (244 Views)
X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
This is the official topic for recommending games that you like. You could even give mini reviews, ratings, etc. if you prefer.

I would do a review right now, but I have some school work to do so I'll post mine later.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
I have. Its just that I have never bothered to play it.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
As I said last post, I haven't touched it.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
Dragon Quest IX (9)

Description: A Classic RPG Game. Turn based.

Personal Ratings:

Gameplay: 8.5/10
Controls: 7/10
Graphics: 7/10 <- graphics are pretty good for the DS. Not a "wow" but pretty good. I'd say graphics of N64.
Storyline: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Opinions/thoughts:

I would name this game the mother of all RPGs. Its just so classic, it couldn't get anymore simpler. Storyline is great. In order to battle, you have to walk to the monster. This means its not a random encounter type thing. In battle, its turn based (pokemon type of battle). Choices are-if I can remember correctly- Attack, Spells, Flee, Abilities, Items. You can have a total of 3 other members in your party to aid you on your quest. In addition, all - if not most - characters you control are made by your own decision. This means you can choose their type of eyes, hair, how tall they are, gender, etc. This alone, I truly treasure. Not many RPG games out there allow you to do that sort of thing. Another great thing about this game is that it supports multiplayer (No DS download play though. Wifi yes and link yes). What you do in multiplayer is that the person you want to play with can either invite you over to their world or go over to your world. Seeing as one person joins another person's party, the person hosting will have to make sure there is a free party slot for the other player to join.

Overall, I think this is one of the best RPG games I've played other than pokemon (that is becoming a bit repetitive though...). I think this is it for the report on this game. I can't think of anything else to say about this. :animesweat:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Nintendo DS · Next Topic »