Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Nintendo DS: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?
Topic Started: Dec 15 2010, 06:19 AM (835 Views)
Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Then we'll get along just fine! They're basically my favorite series ever :D

DarkXWolf12
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Thumbz up!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I never thought I would see the day I would find a fan of Fire Emblem to the extent such as myself *tear*

My favorite character is Shinon. Even though he is a lazy racist bastard, he is still badass. Especially when you promote him to Marksman in Radiant Dawn. He was nearly untouchable. Literally.

Then you give him the double bow, which gives him a range of 1-3 (Double bow lets you fire point blank and being a marksman gives you a +1 range right off the bat). Then you give him the Boots item, and the skill that gives a +2 movement, so that gives him a plus four.

He already has a 6 movement from being a sniper, a +1 move from promotion to Marksman, then +4 more from the boots and skill, bringing it to ELEVEN.

So in a turn, he has a maximum range of fourteen. Couple that with literally MAXED out stats, and have the double bow blessed by Yune which ups the stats EVEN MORE. He's an unstoppable juggernaut machine!

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
-falls over form sudden amount of text- holy crap......-is scared of the Fire Emblem now.......-

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
TheRedFox8
Dec 24 2010, 02:29 PM
I never thought I would see the day I would find a fan of Fire Emblem to the extent such as myself *tear*

My favorite character is Shinon. Even though he is a lazy racist bastard, he is still badass. Especially when you promote him to Marksman in Radiant Dawn. He was nearly untouchable. Literally.

Then you give him the double bow, which gives him a range of 1-3 (Double bow lets you fire point blank and being a marksman gives you a +1 range right off the bat). Then you give him the Boots item, and the skill that gives a +2 movement, so that gives him a plus four.

He already has a 6 movement from being a sniper, a +1 move from promotion to Marksman, then +4 more from the boots and skill, bringing it to ELEVEN.

So in a turn, he has a maximum range of fourteen. Couple that with literally MAXED out stats, and have the double bow blessed by Yune which ups the stats EVEN MORE. He's an unstoppable juggernaut machine!
Shinon was great, and I did indeed love using him, but Seth from Sacred Stones, man. Best character in the game by far, and available from the prologue? Hello. I don't know if there's ever been an FE character who rocked so hard for anywhere near as much of the game as Seth did.

Deleted User
Deleted User

However, he was the game's Jeigan. God help you if you overused him. You had to watch out for that. Ewan's my favorite character from that game.

I remember playing post story in Sacred Stones. I literally maxed out the stats (including move!) to several characters. Imagine a sniper running around with a longbow and fifteen move? It gets nuts.

And I unlocked Lyon, and of course, maxed him out. Turn off the fight animations, and he can literally sweep an entire map by himself. Unscathed. Amazing.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Quote:

However, he was the game's Jeigan. God help you if you overused him.

Actually, it's not too hard to solo the game with him on easy or normal :P I've never done it myself, but back when I frequented some Fire Emblem forums I knew several people who did.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I tended to use him much the way I used Marcus on FE 7 (the one with Eliwood and such). I mean he is great for smiting the enemy that's threatening your softies, and he's great for rescuing and his high movement, but that was what he was good for. Not a mindless killing machine that would smite entire enemy armies.

Believe me, I have fallen into the ol' Jeigan trap many a times and had to start over because my other units were under leveled. I know that it is impossible to have under leveled units in FE 8 (Sacred Stones) but this was FE 7. I now know better. Titania is the Jeigan for the two Wii games, though not so much in Radiant Dawn.

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
I'm more than aware of the dangers of favoring a Jeigan. Seth is a special case, but FE7 is quite a bit more unforgiving, and FE6 even more so. I used to debate tiers all the time.

Radiant Dawn really has no Jeigan characters at all, in the usual sense of the term. Sothe is actually the closest we get, since he's really the only character who starts out with several (vastly) inferior units. Titania actually sucks quite a bit harder in RD than she did in Path of Radiance, where she was generally accepted as the best in the game.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Pretty much, by the endgame in Radiant Dawn, EVERYBODY'S A JEIGAN XD ....kidding.

I hated getting a taste of Ike's side in Radiant Dawn, then you went back to Miciah and her inferior units. I especially fighting your own units. RUNNING was the best idea XD

Radigal
Member Avatar
o-o;;;; damn F.E. xD

Fox-n-Krystal
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant
Fire Emblem is the shiznit, yo.

Radigal
Member Avatar
I bet it is xD

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Nintendo DS · Next Topic »
  • Pages: