Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Why Do You Think Slippy is the One Who Always Needs Help?
Topic Started: Dec 16 2010, 03:56 PM (943 Views)
Blazethesage
Member Avatar
CDF Master Sergeant
Yeah, simply put, Slippy IS the worst on the team in terms of piloting skills. Krystal, personally I think she might not be too much better, but she does have the assistance of her telepathy to give her an extra edge.

Slippy is a somewhat combat-shy character. He may look like he's ready to go in, guns blazing sometimes, but when he actually gets into the thick of it, he tends to get rather nervous, especially when things start going wrong. He overcompensates for small mistakes, and doesn't have the confidence to pull off some of the trickier, daring moves that Fox and Falco can pull off.

He's an absolute mechanical genius, though. He works with ROB to maintain the Great Fox and the Arwings during the Lylat Wars-Sauria hiatus (and afterwards, I imagine, though not as desperately), he designed and built the Blue Marine (which hasn't been seen since the Lylat Wars, incidentally), and I imagine he had a hand in the Landmaster, too.

Also, keep in mind that, while he's flying around, he may also be doing any number of technical valuable stuff in that cockpit - such as analyzing the shield of various bosses. Personally, I think the fact that he does that while flying, sometimes even in a sky full of enemies, is a testament to him perhaps not being as Horrible as everyone makes him out to be.

Remember, he may be the worst pilot on the Star Fox team, but they're some of the best pilots in the Lylat System. The fact that he's an active pilot with the team alone means he's definitely got some skill in an Arwing.

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
Somehow, Slippy is supposed to be a great landmaster driver. If they continue to use the game methods they did in Assault, such as switching vehicles and on foot stuff, they might be able to do that to Slippy's advantage. He'd be more useful that way at least.

Falcory
Member Avatar
The Cool Blue Avian. When a bird's this smooth, he's bound to get the girls.
null

Yeah, simply put, Slippy IS the worst on the team in terms of piloting skills. Krystal, personally I think she might not be too much better, but she does have the assistance of her telepathy to give her an extra edge.Slippy is a somewhat combat-shy character. He may look like he's ready to go in, guns blazing sometimes, but when he actually gets into the thick of it, he tends to get rather nervous, especially when things start going wrong. He overcompensates for small mistakes, and doesn't have the confidence to pull off some of the trickier, daring moves that Fox and Falco can pull off.He's an absolute mechanical genius, though. He works with ROB to maintain the Great Fox and the Arwings during the Lylat Wars-Sauria hiatus (and afterwards, I imagine, though not as desperately), he designed and built the Blue Marine (which hasn't been seen since the Lylat Wars, incidentally), and I imagine he had a hand in the Landmaster, too.Also, keep in mind that, while he's flying around, he may also be doing any number of technical valuable stuff in that cockpit - such as analyzing the shield of various bosses. Personally, I think the fact that he does that while flying, sometimes even in a sky full of enemies, is a testament to him perhaps not being as Horrible as everyone makes him out to be.Remember, he may be the worst pilot on the Star Fox team, but they're some of the best pilots in the Lylat System. The fact that he's an active pilot with the team alone means he's definitely got some skill in an Arwing.

Totally this. My only regret is that I did not say this myself. XD

itsjustaaron
Member Avatar
CDF Master Chief
I don't think there's any real true explanation behind Slippy's oafishness. Universally, all good teams have one bumbling goofball whom is often loved and hated. Slippy's not completely dumb, but his voice makes one scratch the noggin' back in this game at the least.

Slippy's awfully adorable though. He's at his best being the team mechanic and overall tech geek, as opposed to flying it.

DarkXWolf12
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Beats me, he is pretty annoying.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Old School Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: