Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
What happen to games?
Topic Started: Dec 23 2010, 08:12 PM (1,112 Views)
MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Ever notice game's aren't games anymore, the split screen is gone, it's all about online, all you really see are FPS and that's like it.
Now company's are taking thing's to a new level like, making the psp 2 into a phone, the xbox 360 can now watch tv, both wii and ps3 can surf the net.

Game console were ment to play games, not to call your best friend.

So does anyone else have a problem with today's game's or is it just me?
Edited by MrFordDoesNotLikeU, Dec 23 2010, 08:36 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The Wii and PS3 can surf the net. :P

But I agree with you. I hate renting a game that advertises as multiplayer, coming home excitedly to be able to play it with my buddies, only to find out that it's ONLINE multiplayer :(

That irks me so much.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Erm, I said both wii and ps3 could surf the net.

But I miss the good old spilt screen and co-op with your friend's. Now it's Online co-op etc,

Deleted User
Deleted User

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Dec 23 2010, 08:12 PM
Ever notice game's aren't games anymore, the split screen is gone, it's all about online, all you really see are FPS and that's like it.
Now company's are taking thing's to a new level like, making the psp 2 into a phone, the xbox 360 can now watch tv, both wii and ps3 can't surf the net.

Game console were ment to play games, not to call your best friend.

So does anyone else have a problem with today's game's or is it just me?
Better check again :P

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Fixed.

also am I the only one sick of first person shooter's?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I tolerate them to a degree. However, there are certain games that I love and will never get sick of.

For example there's Dynasty Warriors (I know it's not an FPS)
and Sven Co-op, an HL1 Mod.

TomLucas
Member Avatar
Leader of the Celtic Demons
I like FPS games. But I only like single player FPS unless it's co-op with a friend. I especially hate the FPS games that are online only (I'm looking at you Team Fortress 2...)

The only time I play online is if it's with people I know.

And I agree that games and consoles just aren't what they used to be. Nowadays it's all about playing online against other people, achievements/trophies, hacking leaderboard scores, screaming down a mic at people who can't even speak English (this happens a lot in games like Left4Dead) and it's full of people who only care about graphics.

Hell, the creator of Crysis said that the 360 and PS3 were holding back games because they aren't powerful enough to handle Crysis 2 at it's full capabilites.

I mean... dude... it's a game. If you're going to put in all these fancy schmancy graphics, then only a select few are gonna get to play it. And not only that, if you want an ultra realistic FPS game, grab a gun and go outside.

What ever happened to the good old days of Mario Kart, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ghouls 'n Goblins and hell, even Duke Nukem or Doom. XD
Edited by TomLucas, Dec 23 2010, 08:49 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I mean, playing online is a good supplement, but making it a PRIORITY is what angers me. Split Screen FTW.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
I do not mind FPS, but it gets annoying seeing them come out like every month, there's other gener's to.
Also realistc stuff as well, Games were ment to escape reality and be entertaining not to be life.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah, I mean I still have fun with Sven Co-op. And that's using the first Half Life's engine!

Rising Phoenix
CDF Third Lieutenant
I do not like the so-called 'realism' today's games are aiming for. In the first place, I DO NOT need loads of guts flying around to enjoy a game. For that I would go to the butcher (but then again, I would not go because I do not like meat).

I accept it if it is, like say, "something else", like in Half-Life. However if it becomes the MAIN 'attraction' of the game, it pretty much angers me.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
realism in today's games is like cod sort of.
you can't see your life bar.
can't see your cross hair (ps3 and 360)
Iron sights
Dash
etc

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
It seems like fps's are trying to make things too realistic. It gets really annoying and it doesn't seem as fun when you look like you're controlling a tv program rather than playing a game.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
^
this

but games also take out stuff like unlockables as well.

Deleted User
Deleted User

*looks at Metal Gear Solid 1*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: