Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Lylat Fugitives; Reece and the gang have a real problem on their hands,
Topic Started: Dec 27 2010, 08:55 AM (769 Views)
Nick1349
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
=] Will wait as long as it takes, Evil! ^^ Have fun in your raids, bud!

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Bastion of Twilight = Completed.

Chapter 5 = Finished

I'm just rewriting chapter 3 then I will post up the chapters. :D

Nick1349
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
YAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
*Facepalm*

I swear, if I knew this story was being updated on Galaxies I would've visited MUCH earlier :lol:

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Lylat Fugitives
Chapter 5:
VCS and the Rhamken

The desert surface of Katina glowed brightly, the sand of its various deserts reflecting the solar rays off the planet’s surface. Marcus tied the knot on his shoelace and he was fully dressed, he rubbed his eyes with his right hand just to finish waking up, Marcus would have loved to have woken up to a time where everyone got along, no war, no fighting, but Marcus knew that the world depended on war, depended on fighting, he knew the military played a large role in economic system, so he would have to make do with this world, a world where he and his crew are hunted, not only by the invading Aparoids but by the planet he had once fought to defend.

Marcus walked down the metallic hallways of the Great Fox, eager to see Reece, if what his mother had told him was true then Reece is in some serious trouble. Marcus approached the door to Reece’s quarters, it was shut, Marcus noticed that the holographic keypad on the doorframe read ‘sealed’ in red letters, “What the hell?” Marcus quietly muttered to himself in confusion, not understanding why the door would be sealed. Marcus pressed the holographic ‘enter’ key and held it down for a couple of seconds, the holographic display changed from a digit pad to a keyboard, the message read ‘Please enter door seal override code’, Marcus entered his captain’s administrator password, the screen flashed with the message reading ‘Incorrect password, 1 attempt(s) remaining’ in red text. Marcus frowned, he was certain he had entered the correct code. Marcus entered his password again, it was once again incorrect, Marcus swore under his breath, he was now locked out from his own system. Marcus heard footsteps behind him, he could tell who it was by listening to the sound of the footstep, Marcus turned around to face his father who was walking down the hallway towards him,
“I thought you might be here.” Fox noted as he continued to approach his son,
“What gave you that idea?” Marcus asked in a frustrated tone, still annoyed his password didn’t work,
“I know you better than you may think; there is a lot of me in you.” Fox told his son, Marcus nodded, he remembers people saying how uncanny the father and son are in personality. “We’ve had to lock Reece in his quarters because of his health.” Fox added, Marcus raised an eyebrow,
“Why? All he is doing is throwing up and feeling light headed.” Marcus noted,
“He got some part of an Aparoid in his system, inhaled or swallowed I’m not sure but if we leave this effect for too long Reece will either die to the virus or he will fall under the Aparoid’s influence. So we locked Reece in his room and Krystal got ROB to filter Antibiotics into his room, it won’t cure him but it will halt the speed of the virus.”
“Then we have to get Corneria now!” Marcus demanded, Fox shook his head in response,
“We won’t get there in time.” Fox told Marcus,
“Use the warp gate!” Marcus yelled,
“We can’t use it because Corneria tracks all use of the warp gates, when they pick up the Great Fox’s signature, we’re done.” Fox explained in the same calm tone. Marcus lowered his head slightly,
“Then what can we do. What possible help can Slippy and Amanda be? Slippy is an engineer!” Marcus replied in frustration,
“When we contacted Slippy earlier I mentioned this problem, and he told us that he has a VCS that he will have powerful antibiotics attached to for Reece.”
“What is a VCS?”
“VCS stands for ‘Virus Containment Suit’, they were used back when soldiers were infected by the Aparoid virus during the Aparoid invasion.” Fox explained, Marcus nodded, content with his father’s plan, “Okay, now get into the hanger and get ready to go down to Katina with the rest of us.” Fox ordered, he then turned around and made his way to the hanger, Marcus quickly followed.

When Marcus and Fox reached the hanger, Todd, Lola and Krystal were all sitting in the cockpit of their respective aircrafts, ready to depart to the surface of Katina. “Quickly boys, get in your ships, we need to be down there now.” Krystal politely ordered, Fox opened his cockpit window, he leapt into the cockpit, shutting the glass behind him. Marcus quickly climbed into his ship in a similar fashion. The group readied their ship’s engines for launch,
“Hey where’s Kadie?” asked Marcus,
“She’s monitoring Reece, hun.” Lola replied,
“From in his room?” Marcus asked desperately, worried she was in the room with Reece,
“No no, from the security hub, we set up a camera to make sure everything is okay with Reece.” Todd added. With his question answered the group activated their engines and flew out the protective force field, on their way to the surface of Katina.

The five Arwings let out their landing gear, preparing to land on the rock filled, covered by sand, surface of Katina, the new home planet of the Toad family. Marcus gently leapt out of his Arwing’s cockpit, landing in the thin layer of sand below, Marcus looked over his shoulder to see the others doing the same, Fox was being a little more cautious of the sand, with good reason, he had once hurt his legs by landing too hard on what he thought to be thick sand. Fox quickly walked ahead of the group, he pointed to some small buildings on the horizon,
“That is the city where Slippy lives.” He pointed out, it wasn’t much of a place to live, the place was built next to a lake, apart from that there wasn’t much to look at. The Toad family mostly moved here for their first son Jason who was more of a cowboy style child and he wanted a place to practice. The group started moving towards the house of Slippy and Amanda Toad.

The group of fugitives walked up the driveway of the Toad’s family home. Marcus felt a vibrating from his pocket of his pants, he knew it was his phone, he activated the phone’s holographic interface, he had received a message from Jessica, Marcus opened the message,
I dnt no whr u r but run, gnrl has elit sldrs aftr you.
The message was clearly sent in a rushed panic, Jessica always uses proper formatting and spelling in all messages. Marcus heard blaster rifles charge up,
“Freeze you no good traitors!” shouted a robotic voice, Marcus froze in fear, he felt the barrel of the blaster against the back of his head, Fox turned around to see his son being held at gunpoint by what appeared to be felines in battle armour.
“Crap…” Fox mumbled, a trace of fear could be heard in his voice, “Rhamken, best of the best.” One of the Rhamken looked at Fox through his helmet, the Rhamken solider wrapped an arm tightly around Marcus’s throat, chocking him and dragging him back.
“You’re all coming with us,” the Rhamken leader ordered, “either that… or you die, your choice. And we haven’t forgotten about your friends up on your piece of crap you call a mother ship, they’ll be dead by now as well.”

a/n: I took too long, I’m sorry *hands cookie*

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Awesome!

Todd: "Oh sh*t! Is it 'Last Call' for us!?"

Lola: "I should've expected the unexpected! I also shouldn't have worn green in my dressing room."
Edited by Julius Quasar, Jan 24 2011, 11:04 PM.

Nick1349
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Yay! ^^ I really like this chapter, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, the show must go on like always. =3 Can't wait for the next chapter. =]

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Next chapter is being posted tomorow, stay tuned.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Evilwaffles
Feb 17 2011, 10:56 AM
Next chapter is being posted tomorow, stay tuned.
YYYAAAAAAAAYYYYY! :animeeyes:

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Lylat Fugitives
Chapter 6
Volatile

Fox, Krystal, Marcus, Todd and Lola stood facing the front door of Slippy’s house, their hands placed on the back of their head at the command of the Rhamken leader. They stood there in the wind, awaiting the Rhamken’s ship to come and collect them to be transferred to Corneria.
“Sir.” Called out one of the Rhamken soliders, its voice made sounded metallic caused by the solider’s mask,
“Yes Sergent?” replied the Rhamken leader,
“I know this doesn’t follow protocol but I request permission to execute a prisioner on the grounds of that they killed a Cornerian military general.” The solider asked, the leader looked down at his solider,
“Accepted, Sergeant. We will claim it under code 183b.” he answered bluntly. Krystal moved her head closer to Fox’s,
“183b?” she asked, having grown generally worried for everyone,
“Basically, that says that we engaged them with deadly force and we are killed in the middle of the battle.” Fox replied, this scared Krystal even more. The Rhamken solider grasped Krystal by the throat, chocking her,
“Shut your filthy mouth, you blue bitch.” The solider angrily ordered, he then threw her to the ground, Fox went into a rage, he quickly wrapped his arm around the front of the neck of the solider and attempted to bring the solider down then disarm arm. His plan didn’t go as planned; the solider was too strong and wouldn’t move. The solider threw Fox onto the ground with ease, he then pressed his armoured boot onto McCloud’s head,
“You will watch this.” The solider ordered. The solider that had thrown Krystal to the ground drew his blaster from its holster,
“See you in hell, you scum.” The solider stated, Fox struggled with all his strength to escape the soldier’s grasp but was helpless to do so, the group heard the charging sound of the pistol, a loud static discharge was heard,
“No!” yelled Fox in horror, Krystal lay on the ground motionless, speechless. The Rhamken solider dropped his pistol and stood still, Fox cried out Krystal’s name again in fear, there was no reply. Enraged by the act he had seen Marcus slammed his elbow into the helmet of the Rhamken solider guarding him with all his strength, the guard’s helmet had a dent left on it where Marcus’s elbow had hit, the force of the metal hitting the skull of the solider knocked him out. Fox grabbed the leg of the distracted guard that had him rooted in place, he took advantage of the situation and pulled the guard to the ground, disarming him. The group heard another static discharge, Marcus didn’t care, he cared not about the risk of dying nor about the fact he had possibly just shattered his elbow, he just wanted to see his mother, another two static discharges were heard. Marcus rammed into the soldiers with his good arm, the guards surprisingly feel to the ground with ease.. Marcus then ran for the one guard left standing over his mother, Marcus roared in a vengeful rage and tackled the solider to the rocky ground. Marcus grabbed the biggest rock he could find within his arm’s span, he picked it up and angrily slammed it into the helmet of the Rhamken solider, and wouldn’t sstop until he saw the solider’s blood start the flow from the cracks of the helmet. With his rage temporarily subdued, Marcus rushed to his mother, he knelt down at her side,
“Mom!” he cried out desperately, he quickly inspected her body, her eyes were forcefully closed as if she was prepared for pain, yet, there were no burn marks or injuries from the blaster, yet her body was stiff as stone, “Mom?” Marcus asked, confused.Krystal gasped for air, loudly and desperately, “Mom!” Marcus cried happily, he hugged his mother tightly, glad to see that she was very much alive.,
“Krystal!” Fox yelled out, “What happened to you?” he asked in desperation, Krystal shook her head to regain focus,
“I…I…I don’t know.” Krystal replied,
“I can explain that.” A familiar voice noted, the group turned around and looked up to a window on Slippy’s house.to see the old bearded toad sitting on a chair, wielding a rifle of some kind, “Hi guys.” Slippy greeted, “Sorry for leaving you guys to deal with them, but I’m not as mobile as I used to be.” He said with a grin,
“Slip’ what did you do?” asked Fox,
“Yeah you over grown pair of frog legs.” Todd added,
“No need to get grumpy, drunky.” Slippy replied, Todd mumbled under his breath, “So where was I? Oh yeah! I heard you guys were in trouble so I made my way up here as I got Amanda-buns to get my last invention,” Slippy lifted up his rifle, “My ice cold stunner!”
“Kind of a lame name don’t you think?” Lola asked,
“Quiet you.” Slippy snapped, “Anyway, this baby shoots bolts at 9000 degree, I mean, watts, at a long distance, 1000 yards to be exact, at 500 miles per hour.” Slippy explained, clearly happy with his invention,
“So you shot Mom?” Marcus asked,
“No I didn’t, I’m not that bad of a shot.” Slippy replied, “Krystal’s head was underneath the metallic boot of a Rhamken solider, when I shot the solider that was about to execute Krystal the shot hit him and a majority of the electricity went through… uh… its body, its boot acted as a current to join Krystal to the circuit, which stunned her for one tenth of the duration of the actual stun if it is a direct hit.”
“So the Rhamken are knocked out for 10 times longer than Krystal was out?” Todd asked,
“Yeah basically.” Slippy replied, “It should be 10 minutes before they wake up so we will have to get to your ship before these guys wake up.” He added,
“We should kill them!” Marcus growled angrily,
“No! Then that will make us look like the bad guys, you are innocent, you don’t want to commit acts that will get you wanted for a crime you did commit.” Slippy quickly replied,
“Slippy makes a nice point, Krystal stated, she was still a little shaken because of her experience.
“Oh crap, they said they had people up there going after Reece and Kadie!” Todd quickly noted,
“Good thing I have the VCS packed and some stunners as well.” Slippy pointed out,
“Well we have no time to lose then.” Marcus added,
“I’ll meet you guys up there.” Slippy added as he started to walk towards the back of his house. The group quickly turned around and started running back to their arwings.

The Great Fox’s hull seemed undamaged from the arwing, this pleased Fox a little, but his focus was on the inside of the hull and on those who would be trying to kill members of his son’s team The group landed their Arwings in the hanger, the threat of people being on board was confirmed, there was a small troop carrier landed in the hanger, enough to hold around five people. Fox, Krystal, Marcus, Lola and Todd all exited their arwings and jumped the small distance to the ground. Slippy was not too far behind the group, his ship landed in the hanger about three minutes after Fox and the others had. The old frog slowly walked down a ladder he had installed on his arwing, he had a box in one hand, when he reached the floor he opened up the box, the group looked inside, there were a set of stun guns, the group took one each.
“You guys go deal with whoever is on board, I’ll get the VCS ready.” Slippy told the group, Marcus nodded,
“Alright guys, me Todd and Mom will go down the eastern half of the ship, Dad and Lola you guys cover the western half.” Marcus ordered, the group nodded, they all headed towards the hanger door that leads to the Great Fox’s hallways, once inside the group went their separate ways.

Fox and Lola started with the living quarters, it was here were Reece and Kadie should be since Reece was sealed in his room and Kadie was suppoused to be monitoring him. Fox and Lola walked to Reece’s room, to much surprise the door had been blown open by light explosives, they duo walked in, they saw Reece’s room was trashed, they weren’t sure whether or no this is caused by a struggle or if this was was just a normal mess Reece commonly makes.

Marcus, Krystal and Todd walked towards the bridge entrance, if any crew wants to capture a ship, they need to capture the bridge. The group walked up to the doors, Marcus signalled for them to stop, he could hear voices behind the door. He listened carefully to the voices, he couldn’t understand what they were saying but he knew that they were not friendly,
“Okay, we are going to run in, and find cover and take down these guys.” Marcus told the group, the group nodded. Marcus counted down from five with his fingers, when he hit zero they ran in and found cover behind various objects, Marcus was right there were soldiers on the bridge. Marcus shot first, he didn’t hit his target, to his surprise there was no returned fire. The group heard some metal rolling across the floor, he saw a small tube roll to the door,
“What the…” Marcus was interrupted when the metal exploding, the explosion temporarily blinded and deafened the group, it was a flashbang. They regained their impaired senses quicker than they had planned, to their surprise they were alive and the soldiers were gone.
“What the hell?” Marcus mumbled once again,
“Guys, we have a problem, come in.” Fox’s voice stated over the radio,
“Yeah Fox?” Krystal asked,
“We found Kadie, she’s fine but she told us something.” He replied,
“What was it?”
“They’ve taken Reece.”

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Whoa, awesome! I love how you depicted my FC's!

Also,

Quote:

this baby shoots bolts at 9000 degrees

"This baby can take temperatures at 9000 degrees!" xD Brilliant!

Nick1349
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
OH MAH GAWD!!!!!

Also, I am liking the chapter. What I really like especially is your writing format, since I am still trying to find a balance myself. =] Anyways, great job as always, and I hope to see more!

Sorry I got so behind on reading these.

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Lylat Fugitives
Chapter 7:
With a Heavy Heart

The group sat on the chairs on the bridge of the Great Fox now they had made sure there were no threats to the lives of any of the crew. Reece was captured and was on his way to Corneria or some Cornerian military establishment. A hologram appeared in the projector, somehow bypassing the security systems that were in place, a Rhamken solider was in the projection,
“Hello there children.” It greeted in its monotone, emotionless voice, “As you may know we’ve taken your little blue furred playmate here, and we intend to break him.” Kadie bared her teeth,
“I will personally rip your heart from your chest and make you watch it stop beating,” she yelled angrily.
“Aw dear, is that anyway to speak to me if you wish for him back?” the Rhamken asked, “We see he has a rather nasty case of the Aparoid virus, nasty, nasty stuff. We can fix him you know, make him make use of his body. Make use of this world. He is such a lovely little bundle of potential, and we have you to thank for bringing him to us.”
“If a single fur on his body is hurt, I swear I’ll…”
“You’ll what?” the Rhamken interrupted Todd, “Throw a whiskey bottle at me? Intimidating.” Todd’s anger grew at the statement, “I offer you this one chance from the General himself… flee the Lylat System… and never return and you will be allowed to live. If you do not leave then you shall be killed. If you even try to rescue our new toy, then he shall be killed. You have until the sun sets from Cornerian city, which is six hours, choose wisely.” The Rhamken noted before terminating the connection.
“We have to go down there now and save him!” growled an upset Kadie, distressed at the capture of Reece,
“Are you insane?” Fox asked, “If we go down to Corneria with just us we’ll be eaten alive and Reece executed!” he added with a louder growl,
“If we don’t act they’ll kill him with those experiments!” Kadie yelled back. Marcus sat in the captain’s chair, his hand being used as support for his head. What were they to do? He knew that Reece’s life was going to end, regardless of if they save him or not. If they saved him, the Aparoid virus will have consumed him and he will just be an empty shell hosting the Aparoid virus, if they didn’t save him then he would be possibly killed by the experiments they performed on him.
“What do we do Dad?” Marcus quietly asked, everyone turned silent,
“We gather aid, then we fight.” Fox replied simply,
“How? If we stay here, then we will die, there is no way we can get enough help in six hours.” Lola mentioned, Fox knew this was true, he wasn’t sure how this would work. Krystal sensed her husband’s unease, she had a small plan, but it could work,
“We’ll hide out at Sauria,” Krystal noted, “Yes it is a planet in Lylat but it is completely separate from any Lylat politics. There is a warp gate nearby that we can use to travel to different planets to get aid.” Krystal noted,
“They will have traces on the Great Fox and will recognise any Arwings that fly from this ship and we will be killed.” Slippy noted, Lola smirked,
“Arwings… but not your carrier.” She noted, Slippy had brought his custom cruiser he had been working on for years.
“My gosh you are right!” Slippy replied happily, “We may have a chance.”
“We will be able to save Reece.” Kadie added happily. There was a silence.
“Kadie… We will try our best, but you better start preparing for the worst.” Marcus noted with a heavy heart, Reece had been his closest friend since he was a kit. Kadie ignored the comment, she was too focused on saving her mate.

Reece was strapped in a chair aboard the Rhamken carrier, his cell was dimly lit, Reece could barely make figures out in the dusty room. Reece couldn’t move any part of his body apart from his eyes. He was sick, he felt light headed and felt major cramping in his stomach. The door to his cell opened, the light revealing the slender, curvy outline of a female, what appeared to be a vixen or a wolf, Reece couldn’t tell. The door slid shut again, returning the dimness. The sounds of her footsteps coming towards him filled Reece with a little bit of fear,
“Mr Kilza.” She called out slowly as she continued to slowly walk towards him, Reece was silent. Her thin, slender, silhouette stood in front of him, “You have been a naughty fox, and naughty foxes get punished.” She told him as she moved in towards him, pressing her body against his, she sat on his lap. Reece was uncomfortable about her being on him. He struggled, trying to free himself,
“Oh dear, you aren’t going to be able to escape those titanium latches.” She whispered into his ear, she placed her hand on Reece’s right shoulder with a small amount of force, Reece cringed in pain, the shoulder he had permanently injured after shattering his shoulder and his metal replacement. “Oh no, have I found a sensitive spot?” she asked softly, placing a bit more pressure on his shoulder, Reece yelped in pain. The female was enjoying hurting Reece, in desperation he swung his head around and attempted to bite the female’s face in self-defence. He missed. The female chuckled, “Like it rough do you?” she asked as she put even more pressure on his shoulder, Reece screamed in pain, unable to get her off of his injured shoulder. She reached into her pocket and pulled out two syringes. She jabbed one into Reece’s neck, injecting the yellow liquid, Reece felt his muscles relax, then his limbs become limp. His head fell onto her shoulder, he could not move a muscle,
“That’s better.” She noted, she then injected a second syringe into his neck, only this one contained a glowing purple liquid, Reece felt… different, his sickness started to fade but his body felt different, he couldn’t tell how but he didn’t feel right. She wrapped her arms around Reece’s neck. “Sit back and enjoy the sensation.” She told him, her eyes feeling like they were piercing through to his soul, he dreaded what was to come.

A/N: Short, yeah I know, sorry. But this is the lead up to my next chapters, what will happen? Find out this week in chapter 8!

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
Quote:

"You’ll what?” the Rhamken interrupted Todd, “Throw a whiskey bottle at me? Intimidating.”

Ha ha! Great job!

Quote:

Lola smirked,
“Arwings… but not your carrier.” She noted, Slippy had brought his custom cruiser he had been working on for years.

(Thanks for Lola's great idea!)

Nick1349
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
You kinda stopped, Evil, what happened? =[

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fan-fics · Next Topic »
  • Pages: