Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Fox's College Life, and Tech Reviews; Fox is the name and tech is my game!
Topic Started: Dec 31 2010, 11:32 PM (290 Views)
FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Fox is the name, Tech is my game
Well time to blog here and there. I have decided to actually repost my review on Firefox 4 Beta. I do alot of beta testing for companies, and they like the critiques and reviews.

I have done many reviews with companies such as Microsoft, Google, Apple, Mozilla, the list goes on.

I even was part of an initial development and beta team for Windows 7 and I am working on getting into the Windows 8 team.

Uh, So I will rant about my stuff, and just post random things.

Nickname: Fox
Age 19
Certifications Held:
GTL (Ground Team Leader)
IC3 (Incident Commander Level 3)
SET (Standard Evaluations Training)
IC 100-700 (Incident Command Training)
Nationally Certified IT Technician with COMPTIA
CCNT (Cisco Certified Networking Technician

Working towards:
CCNA (Cisco Certified Networking Associate)
CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional)
Network +
Security +

I am a Chief Master Sergeant in the USAFA. I am also an Incident Commander for USAFA Search and Rescue and also a Ground Team Leader.

Our Organization works jointly with the United States Air Force, to handle 93% of all domestic and homeland missions of Aircraft and Missing Persons.......

Uhh I am also working on getting my EMT basic, and am also working towards my Homeland Security certification with an organization.

I dibble and dabble in things and of such sorts. Worked in Hospitals, Gas Stations, Military, Transportation, Search and Rescue, Computer Networking the list goes on and on.

I've got connections to many organizations and etc.

I currently am an Information Security and Forensics Student at my College, and I am working towards my CISSP. I hope to work for the FBI, NSA or CIA in the future.

But yeah..... I'll be posting my review of Firefox 4 later

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Firefox 4. Pretty awesome I must say......but as with all betas, they can be a little buggy, but I love the new feel for this Firefox. Even though that this a beta, pages load alot faster, and is way more secure. They have even implemented a feature called Sync that is now built into the browser itself. Not to mention the ability to group your tabs based on what sites/etc.
Now with Synch, whenever I use Firefox on my Droid, Laptop or Even my Desktop, all of my bookmarks, pages, logins, are transferred and synced with one another. When you find a site on the go in your phone if you bookmark the page, it shows up on your desktop. I found the feature to be awesome. Now you might be skeptical of this feature, but infact the sync feature uses top level security algorithms and cryptology methods to make sure that your passwords and other information is safe.
Now with any new browser that is released you must watch out for vulnerability. Upon my initial view of the code and program, things seemed to be relatively secured if not many loopholes and vulnerabilities fixed. I still recommend addons for firefox to help secure it like BEEFTACO (Cookie Blocker); HTTPSEVERYWHERE (Secure encrypted connects for available sites) KEYSCRAMBLER (Protects your login info and typed passwords with various types of scrambling and protection)
I have been using this for a while, and I see much promise in this. It has its bugs such as Youtube videos playing weirdly, but that is because Adobe does not fully support Firefox 4 yet..... I find all the features in Firefox 4 create a friendly user interface, and make it much easier to use.
Pros:
1: User interface is awesome, and is more user friendly
2:More Secured
3:Eye Candy, and bonus apps
Cons:
1:Initial bugs
2:Getting used to the NEW interface, but easily adaptable.

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
Yeah....you have no worry from me.....I can barely hack my way into a paper bag -_-;;

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Alrighty,

Its been a while since I posted. I am heading down to a friends house this weekend, so I'll be bringing my laptop, so no worries on me being gone. I will still be here :P

Other then that I got a cool music composition program, so I'll keep myself busy for a bit.
Also I got another 2TB harddrive :D

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
And i just got some Smart cards in and i am working on my high level security project with some people. Its involving some important things, and I don't wanna ruin the surprise.

My Best friends are coming up tomorrow, and all in all its gunna be a fun weekend I am really looking forward to it :D

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
So this week has been pretty weird lol. It is funny to see how people think I am hurt by things that they say, instead they decide to go silent thinking I am offended. Oh well.....

-shrugs- I am a very easy going guy, I tend to be very open, and give 2 craps about what other people do. I make great friends with everyone, and everyone seems to understand how I am.

I'm the type of guy who can take a hit and keep on ticking.... I have taken hits all my life, my life couldn't possible have been any worse, but you know what I say, Frak it. That is the past, I only worry about now, and the Future.

One of my favorite sayings. "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, And I know that only this moment is mine."

Probably one of the most impressive people that I have ever had the chance to seen, or watch his video of is Randy Pausch. A Man with terminal cancer lived every day of his life to his fullest. I highly recommend that you read this..... Trust me.......

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo[/utube]

Anyways I will be hanging out with my best friends, and might be on and off this site. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend, and a fun one at that. Definitely getting away from my college for a bit :animesweat:

Edited by FoxMcCloud, Jan 22 2011, 12:47 AM.

Radigal
Member Avatar
I apologize Fox...

I know how you are, it is just my fears of screwing up that friendship. You are a great friend, and I would hate to do anything to screw it up, that is why I folded back...and I was wrong for doing so...
Edited by Radigal, Jan 22 2011, 07:54 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Something going on between you two?

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Guh damn finals. I feel like I wanna shoot myself. I have been so overstressed with work and college in general. I am sorry i f i seem a bit snappy and moody, but that is because I have finals in 2 weeks, and I am really not looking forward to them. SO much work, so little time. GUHHHH

Radigal
Member Avatar
No need to apologize for this....we still love you ^^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Blog Zone · Next Topic »