Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Possible Starfox Movie in the works?; Trust me you need to read this through!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2011, 03:05 PM (865 Views)
FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Fox is the name, Tech is my game
Well you guys might be excited to hear this, but there is a possible SF movie in the works, now this is quoted from SF-O to help save me the typing time on this lol

Quote:

While searching YouTube a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a video containing a well-done arrangement of the SNES Map music.
What was noteworthy about it was the description, which contained a link to a Facebook page. The link was broken at the time, but has now been fixed.
The link leads to a Facebook wall created by Irwin Rathore, a graduate of the Toronto Film School, for a project he appears to be seriously considering: A Star Fox fanfilm. While there isn’t any video, there is a publicly viewable project proposal complete with an intro storyboard by Ron Hobbs, who has done storyboarding for a few major movies, including X-Men, SAW II and Chicago.
The story appears to be heavily influenced by SNES and N64-era canon, and the proposal includes references to the Itoh Comic.
From the Video description:
“Irwin’s main idea for Starfox is to stay true to the source material and not deviate too much from its original beauty. Irwin has been working on putting together of the Starfox project for five years by doing research, working with artists/Jonathan Whalen on the music concept, story-boarding with Ron Hobbs who is sixteen years in the film business and looking at thousands of fan related blogs/sites on Starfox. Irwin’s main goal is to make Starfox a future length film, and to assure fans around the world, to make a true based video-game adaptation film.
And one thing for sure, Irwin is not pleased with what them they call filmers are doing with the video-games films.”
This is the most serious SF fanfilm project I have seen, and looks like Mr. Rathore may even be trying to take it commercial. Let’s give this project our support and spread the word! I really want to see this happen.
Note: Video not embedded so as not to distract from main post, it currently has >100 views, and is a good arrangement, so if you want some music, check it out

The link goes here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Director-Irwin-Rathores-Starfox-film-project/127544070639727?v=wall#!/pages/Director-Irwin-Rathores-Starfox-film-project/127544070639727?v=wall

Redfox0706
Member Avatar
Long lost Friend.
Wow! that sounds cool!!!

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
it would be nice if HollyWood was allowed to do it, since after the Mario Movie Nintendo refused to allow another movie of their games

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
The only problem from what I've read is that Nintendo is infamous for saying no without even hearing about the project in question. I think they've already said no to this once at one point in time, but one can hope that they change their minds.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
I'm kinda hesitant about this. The general idea is great. I think it would be a great movie if done correctly. If. If not, then its probably gonna have the same fate as the Mario movie. But it sounds like a grand idea.

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
You guys should visit the facebook wall, he expresses those concerns and want to hear from us the fans

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
Still though, the whole Mario move kind of ruined Hollywoods relationship with Nintendo....if it was just something Fan made, then maybe, but on the big screen?

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Well its most likely gunna be fanmade and not released, but still his work into looks pretty good

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
That would be awesome!

Star Fox Runner
Member Avatar
CDF Private
Interesting! It would be nice to see the project get off the ground!

Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
Most likely it will end up like Damnatus. :(

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Well its a good start in the right direction

Taran'atar
Member Avatar
Jem'Hadar Observer
So was Damnatus.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
I remember when my friends Russell, Nina, and some of my other friends and I were all making a Star Fox fan movie, live action, and we wore form-fitting fursuits with prosthetic tails, and facial prosthetics and makeup.
Edited by Julius Quasar, Jan 5 2011, 06:40 PM.

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Nice, how did it go?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: