Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
What do you prefer, PC or Console?
PC 5 (55.6%)
Console 4 (44.4%)
Total Votes: 9
PC Vs Console
Topic Started: Jan 10 2011, 06:09 AM (827 Views)
Arashikage
Member Avatar
Shadow Element Lieutenant
Alright, it is time for the showdown, what is preferred here, PC or console gaming?

Personally, I can't deal with the joystick, you don't turn fast enough and it's not precision enough for me. With the mouse, you can turn quicker and still have that precision. I also prefer the keyboard to a controller, on the keyboard you have 104 keys, leaving options well open for control surfaces in games, not just FPSs, but RPGs, like hotkeys. Just my opinion, state yours here

Redfox0706
Member Avatar
Long lost Friend.
I prefer controller to keyboard... but that's not the point lol, PC is better in my opinion because you can play or emulate virtually any game on it and use the keyboard or a controller... plus then you can have a choice in controller... unless its a game that involves something like a Wii mote...

anyways that does not mean I don't enjoy my consoles... I love them to death, just capable of doing it all in one place with my computer. :)

FoxMcCloud
Member Avatar
Fox is the name, Tech is my game
Pc gamer all the way. Upgradable graphics, multi compatiable hardware you name it. Plus with steam its an added plus, digital copies of my game for life :D

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
CONSOLE!!!!

Don't like the fps sensitivity when turning? Change it!

Consoles are for MEN. CAN YOU BUTTON MASH ON A MOUSE?!?!? DIDN'T THINK SO.

In fact, its the most manliest thing since arcade gaming. I don't see the Pc have Split-screen action.

Nah, I'm just joking of course. But I do think consoles are better to some extent. I find that the PC are more for FPS games while the console is for other types like RPGs and games like Super Smash Bros.

Redfox0706
Member Avatar
Long lost Friend.
Again I say there is a technicality in this because you can emulate your consoles on to your PC... then you can play all of your console games there.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
I agree with that, but then you don't get the full experience of the gameplay or controls when you emulate. Take the wii for an example. You miss out on the wii mote and such.

Redfox0706
Member Avatar
Long lost Friend.
actually the Wii mote is the easiest controller to map to the computer in my opinion... all you need is a wireless motion bar and a usb Bluetooth adapter.

Arashikage
Member Avatar
Shadow Element Lieutenant
And, you can always just put controller input into a PC, you can just put it in and even if it's not compatible with a game, use Xpadder and make the controller hit certain keys, boom, done

Redfox0706
Member Avatar
Long lost Friend.
Yes, PC has several different ways to use almost any controller on the market. Go PC!

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
Really? D: I didn't know that. Wow. That's pretty cool.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Pc doesmt have split screen.

Fana McCloud
Member Avatar
Former CEF Commander
It could if you wanted to, but more importantly why WOULD you want split screen on a PC? The PC equivalent is LAN/Internet games and they're vastly superior.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
What if I had some friends over and we wanted to play togather? Just like the hood old days, also if pc is stronger then console it should have split screen.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The PC doesn't have split screen because that would mean huddling two or more people around the same keyboard and I don't know how well it could handle two mice hooked into it XD

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Bah! Give me a good ol' console any day! I prefer the "pre network" gaming consoles, like the Gamecube, the PS2, Super NES, and the NES, thank you very much. Posted Image

Ah, how I remember the old days of 16 bit Super NES and 8 bit NES gaming!
Posted Image

You youngsters are too reliant on all this new fangled gaming technology...

Posted Image

Now if you nice kids will excuse me, I gotta go buy a video game with a coupon, and then return it 20 minutes later, making people wait in line behind me while I complain...

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-urk0nWomxU[/utube]

Edited by Julius Quasar, Aug 29 2011, 03:58 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Gaming · Next Topic »
  • Pages: