Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
SF-O's RP Section Dangerously Close to being Axed
Topic Started: Jan 18 2011, 07:07 PM (533 Views)
crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Just thought I'd post this, for those that RP at SF-O and aren't aware of this

DZComposer

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if it is even worth having RP at SFO anymore. It has such a tendency to become a drama-magnet. It is also the source of the majority of criticism aimed at the staff.

We've already tried a no-rules RP board, and it went down in flames (it was closed for over a month as a result). Then rules were added. Rules were changed when the previous rules didn't solve the problem. I'm starting to think that these problems are not solvable. We fix it, it's fine for a month, and then it all starts again. I'm tired of trying to find solutions to this, as they all have failed.

I know RP is a popular feature here, but on the back end of things it is really starting to eat-up the bulk of staff time. SFO is not primarily an RP community, and I'd much rather us use our staff resources elsewhere rather than re-appoint full mods to RP mods.

I'm not canning the RP board yet, but I am starting to lose my patience with it.

There is a potential for reform, but the way things are going doesn't look too good.
Edited by crazyfooinc, Jan 18 2011, 07:09 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
I hear ya'. I remember the last time it closed.

Deleted User
Deleted User

And that will only further empower its crumbling foundation. That section is almost (ALMOST!) it's heart, much like it is here.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
well Galxies is based on it's roleplaying section as that's what it evovled from I thinking of plans to possibly add more sections beyond Starfox maybe pokemon or a Sci-fi so more of a all universe crossover where we cna still use starfox characters but i don't know.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Exactly. Rping is pretty much this site's core.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
Yeah, I've already given up on SF-O...Heh, a while back.

And we've already expanded, Kursed, in the sense that we're doing a Pokemon roleplay now. Though yeah, there could always be new roleplaying sections.

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
what would happen to the people who role play on this SFO?.....they coming here?

"User"
CDF Lance Corporal
TheRedFox8
Jan 18 2011, 07:42 PM
And that will only further empower its crumbling foundation. That section is almost (ALMOST!) it's heart, much like it is here.
I'm going to dispute this for two reasons. First off RPing was never the main SF-O "goal", if I can put it like that. The site never originally had an RP section first off, and while during it's peak it was extremely active never was the "primary" purpose of the board.

Secondly..."further empower its crumbling foundation"? If anything I see more members online during peak times than when I first signed up last summer! The board is actually moving in the opposite direction and expanding it's member base in the process. If the RP section there ever gets "back to normal" then it would be crazy to keep up with everything going on.

As far as I know, I don't see SF-O's RP section going down anytime soon. DZ hasn't assigned a lot of priority to the RP section since it's inception, but I highly doubt that he would just remove it completely for a few reasons.

Deleted User
Deleted User

However, I can see him closing it for a while to let his RP mods run amok there and get their heads straight and know what's going on. That way they wont have to deal with incoming posts while they are trying to figure out others.

Also, I never said it WAS its main foundation, just that it seemed like it. A good chunk of the bad-happenings there seem to be stemming from the RP section. I don't know if I am correct on that statement, but I am just stating my opinion on that.

Also, and this is my opinion alone, but as I have stated elsewhere, I believe that SFO is going through one of its toughest times, loosing more and more regulars. Soon, SFO will be filled with new people who do not know anybody and have "the not so friendly people" on the other side.

LIKE I SAID, IT IS MY OPINION AND I AM NOT CLAIMING IT TO BE FACT.

"User"
CDF Lance Corporal
You make good points, and yeah the RP section is in a bit of pickle concerning it's future direction. Asper has taken up the lead in that department and I'm confident in his ability. I don't RP but it's times like this where I wish I did so I could at least help rectify the problem.

Radigal
Member Avatar
well "User" you are on a roleplaying website lol, why not try your hand at it?

"User"
CDF Lance Corporal
Radigal
Jan 18 2011, 10:51 PM
I joined this site before I was fully aware it was primarily an RPing site. I've considered it many times, however I find that I'm too busy and/or don't have the time to get caught up in something like this. Also, I really don't have much of an interest, although some of my closer friends were the same as me and now they love RPing.

Maybe someday. :smile:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quick question. Why did you join here in the first place?

I'm just curious.

Radigal
Member Avatar
"User"
Jan 18 2011, 11:03 PM
Radigal
Jan 18 2011, 10:51 PM
I joined this site before I was fully aware it was primarily an RPing site. I've considered it many times, however I find that I'm too busy and/or don't have the time to get caught up in something like this. Also, I really don't have much of an interest, although some of my closer friends were the same as me and now they love RPing.

Maybe someday. :smile:
If you want I can help ya....I used to be scared of Forum Rp....but now I love it...cause if you have to leave, or are busy, you can read what the last response to your post was..and able to reply. I have confidence in you Posted Image

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
[offtopic]*edited because of the reasons that I greatly regret....*[/offtopic]
Edited by OneWingedAngel92302, Jan 20 2011, 04:46 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Talk · Next Topic »
  • Pages: