Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Starfox Dying?; Is it really though.
Topic Started: Jan 23 2011, 03:40 PM (519 Views)
Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
Alright, this is something I heard while browsing around. There are people within the fandom of Starfox that believe it is a dying series. I must admit that it is fairly inactive compared to other Nintendo series, but is it really dying off? What are other peoples thoughts on the matter?

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Depends, StarFox doesnt bring in the money, plus I think it get popular again when big N released SF64 3DS.

Radigal
Member Avatar
The OFFICIAL Player of Marcus on SFG
I think it is the Rare company in general. look at some of their other titles, Banjo-Kazooie, Killer Instinct, Battle Toads.....they all had either a sequel, or a third game......and yet...even though they are loved, there are just not that many continuations in most of their games (with the Exception of Donkey Kong)

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
It honestly does seem that way; the more recent iterations of the series are said to be mediocre, and they do not have as much effort put into them as their older counterparts. No single developer has taken on the series, Nintendo more or less ignores everything that isn't Mario, Zelda, or Metroid, and the series hasn't been well received by the critics in a long time. Hopefully they can get it right eventually :smile:

Radigal
Member Avatar
I know what you mean (And you forgot to mention Pokemon xD)

I loved Banjo-Kazooie and hell even Banjo-Tooie.......but when the third came out on X-Box....i was annoyed cause I have no x-box.... and cause from what I seen on youtube (like intros and all) it looks like an interesting game, and made it interesting by how they gave the characters more facial personalities.....that is why in another topic I was thinking if Rareware (if anything) became like Sega....and focused on only a few series, (StarFox being the main with Banjo-Kazooie being a good second) then we might ACTUALLY get a good game with an awesome story line and terrific graphics.
Edited by Radigal, Jan 23 2011, 05:24 PM.

Ris
Member Avatar
The Arctic Fox
I think it'll only die when the fans let it. Whether or not new games come out, you know?

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Ris

I think it'll only die when the fans let it. Whether or not new games come out, you know?

Agreed; it will always live on in our hearts :nod: .....along with that clogged artery :lol:
Edited by crazyfooinc, Jan 24 2011, 04:47 PM.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Ris
Jan 23 2011, 06:18 PM
^ There you go!

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Starfox is far from dead. If people believe Starfox is dying from the lack of a new title for 5 years, then I say look at Metroid, they skipped the N64 and look what the series got on the Gamecube.

Radigal
Member Avatar
You gotta point Evil.......so hopefully on the next nintendo system....we see a Star Fox Game that will blast Mario, Zelda, and several other titles out of the swimming pool

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
Evilwaffles
Jan 24 2011, 12:15 AM
Starfox is far from dead. If people believe Starfox is dying from the lack of a new title for 5 years, then I say look at Metroid, they skipped the N64 and look what the series got on the Gamecube.
I like your style of thinking, and that is true. Good things come to those who wait I guess.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Evilwaffles
Jan 24 2011, 12:15 AM
Totally agree.

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
The reason it's takign so long could be how much their focusing on making a better game.... look at starcraft 2 how long have us Stacraft or warcraft fans waited for a sequl to stacraft..... I have to say I"m not as happy as i thoguth i'd be with the normal game play but the map editor I'm really excited about because of the potential to make sooo many games. And i've only played a few of these new ones and i have to say i am impressed by the 'power' of the new campaign editor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dMVFuIb8zk

Play that on another Rts game :P
Edited by Kursed, Jan 25 2011, 03:04 PM.

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Kursed

The reason it's taking so long could be how much their focusing on making a better game....

Oh c'mon Kursed, as much as we'd like that to happen, it looks pretty bleak.

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
It is possible though, as someone mentioned earlier, looking at Metroid. It could happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: