Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Starfox Dying?; Is it really though.
Topic Started: Jan 23 2011, 03:40 PM (510 Views)
crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Vixie Darkmatter

It is possible though, as someone mentioned earlier, looking at Metroid. It could happen.

It honestly could happen, but Nintendo is working on launching a new console (3DS), supporting the Wii, bringing out their A-Game, and they'd obviously want to play it safe. Working on a series that hasn't done so well in the past would not be ideal for business, especially if it is not met with enthusiasm from critics.

That said, we can still hope :D

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Kursed
Jan 25 2011, 03:00 PM
The reason it's takign so long could be how much their focusing on making a better game....
I agree! Let's hope so.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
1. StarFox is & Isn't dieing.
2. It is & Isn't a big franchise its not that popular.
3. If there making it they would of said something via now plus the wii is almost dead 2011 is it's year unless mioyato actully ment that one qoute of it still being alive.
4. Metroid didn't work on N64
5. They'll probaly well make one when ninty makes there next HOME console.

X-Gamer
Member Avatar
Destiny.
Hmm...Starfox dying...

This one's a tough choice. If I didn't know Nintendo any better, I'd say the series is dying out. To be perfectly honest, no one really has actually paid attention to the SF storyline. They just know there's three guys (Fox, Falco, Wolf) from the game Starfox in SSBB. People would probably know as much about SF as they do Fire Emblem. And that's not a lot. Now if we were to compare this with Mario, ANYONE would be able to tell you he's from Super Mario Bros. and could most likely tell you what his job is (saving princess peach, etc.) and could also tell you that they've played one of the games before. That's because Mario is given more attention than SF has. So from what I see, SF is dying when you compare it to other games.

On its own? If you view it at an overall sort of view in terms of the game individually, you can see there is still hope left. The fate of SF rests in -I think- two events in time.

1. - SF for the Wii. If they make one, we will know they still remember SF and plan to do more with the story.
2. - SF for the next console. Although this may be a bit late of a release, we would know that Nintendo has finally blew the dust off of their own SF series and have started to revive it.

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
Not to put you down X-Gamer, but if we're going in terms of who's in SSBB, the Metroid series only has Samus and is more popular than SF right now. I don't feel as if it's an entirely accurate representation of how alive a series is, although it does seem to be an indicator for some of them.

MrFordDoesNotLikeU
Member Avatar
CDF Second Lieutenant
Actully, SSBB had ridly to.

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
Ah, yeah. I was thinking about playable characters. You're right about that however. :animesweat:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: