Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
PSP2 HAS BEEN REVEALED! ^_^; It's BEAUTIFUL!
Topic Started: Jan 27 2011, 10:29 AM (343 Views)
crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
As the title says, the PSP2 has been announced at a Sony press conference today in Japan :D. It looks incredible, and from what I'm hearing about it, the system is almost as capable as a PS3 :D

The working title is the Sony N.G.P (Next Generation Portable)

http://kotaku.com/5744634/a-beginners-guide-to-the-ngp-or-if-youre-just-joining-us-the-psp2

http://kotaku.com/5744563/lets-see-how-big-this-psp2-really-is

Here's a frontal picture :D

Here's the rear of the unit, with a TOUCHPAD and CAMERA :D

Engadget Article

This has just swayed my prospected handheld purchases; it doesn't look like I'll be plunking down for a 3DS anytime soon :lol:

It has been said that it will also have similar battery life to the current PSP3000 (3-5 hrs) and it does NOT use UMDs.
Edited by crazyfooinc, Jan 27 2011, 10:49 AM.

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Evilwaffles

I won't be buying it. You can expect a huge price tag.

Most likely, although if Sony truly wants to stay competitive, it would have to be priced at $300 or less.

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
Evilwaffles

I dount that knowing their pricing trends in recent times...

I hope by now that they have learned from their mistakes in the past :lol:

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
MrFordDoesNotLikeU

I heard its like $600 ad I aslo heard you can use it like a phone.

The pricing has not been announced, and there are no phone capabilities as of right now.

And I don't think Sony would go near the infamous "599 U.S. Dollars" region again :lol:

crazyfooinc
Member Avatar
CDF Ensign
MrFordDoesNotLikeU

Agreed, but you never know. I was told they would make it like a phone to compect with apple.

I believe you may be referring to a separate device entirely; the Xperia Play marketed under the Sony Ericsson brand. That is a phone and can be considered a slight gaming console :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · PlayStation · Next Topic »