Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
What's Your Opinion on Panther Caroso?; What do you think of him?
Topic Started: Feb 3 2011, 08:57 AM (2,262 Views)
Blazethesage
Member Avatar
CDF Master Sergeant
Personally, I like Panther as he appeared in Assault. Sure, he appears sort of suddenly, as the new guy, but he acknowledges that, and introduces himself. In the process, he gives us the impression that he considers himself a romantic, but is also not to be screwed with, through his rose line.

He flirts with Krystal, but is relatively smooth about it, he's simple unfortunate that Krystal is still, at the time, devoted to Fox. His flirts are never completely open and direct, and he doesn't get nauseating about it. I think my favorite Panther flirting moment was during Corneria.

"Wanna ride on MY wing, Krystal?"
"As long as I'm covering Fox."
"*scoffs* Ok, fine!"

Krystal completely blows him off there, and he just sorta shrugs it off, but he doesn't give up. The most direct he ever gets with Krystal outside their first meeting is stating that he'd like to see her again once it's over, in the Aparoid tunnels.

He has a fun sarcastic streak, a healthy dose of romantic without going overboard, and he has the skills to be competitive - in fact, I'd go so far as to say he's a BETTER pilot than Leon, or at least is perceived that way. Remember, at the start of Command, he's shown with a price on him TWICE that of Leon's. Though that may be for other reasons.

I do not like what happened to him in Brawl's cameo convo's, though. He went from smoothe, indirect flirting to nauseatingly sappy romance, to the point that even Falco's rolling his eyes. And from what I've heard, he even starts referring to himself in the third person in Command (though I've never played it myself, so I dunno). Personally, I think both of these are major turns for the worse.

Overall: He's great in Assault, he's horrible everywhere else.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, he reminds me a little of Gambit from X-men - anyone agree?
Edited by Blazethesage, Feb 13 2011, 01:09 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »