Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Star Fox: Origins
Topic Started: Feb 16 2011, 05:52 PM (2,067 Views)
Zwolf
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Spinning a blaster on his finger, a brown furred fox's ears twitch as his chair creaks in protest from his leaning.

The hound across the table, adorned in his military uniform sighs. "I know I've said this before James, but--"

The fox grinned. "Pepper, I don't want to hear it. I'm not joining the military."

"I'd really hate to see someone as talented as yourself go to waste," Pepper replied.

James just shrugged. "I prefer to be leash free. Unlike you. How long you been a lapdog for Corneria? I figure you should be the general by now."

"You haven't changed a bit since the Academy," Pepper replied.

"Nothing's changed... that's the problem," James said, his tone suddenly sounding more serious. "The whole government is corrupt. Dogs of the military running around, so called 'protecting the people's interest'."

"Isn't that the same thing you told me at the Academy?" Pepper asked. "What have you accomplished since then?"

James said nothing.

"You inspired me back then, James. To climb the ranks and make a change from the inside. You could tag along, if you want," the hound said with his paw extended out in an offering.

The vulpine stood up from his chair with his paws in his pockets. "Thanks, but no thanks, Sarge. You do things your way. I got my own."

"Heh," Pepper smiled at the fox. "And that's Lieutenant Pepper to you, now."

The brown furred fox gave him a backwards waved as he made his exit, pushing his black sunglasses onto his eyes.

Pepper just shook his head. "I'm heading to a meeting, if you want to come along," he called out to James as he left.
Edited by Zwolf, Feb 16 2011, 05:59 PM.

Falcory
Member Avatar
The Cool Blue Avian. When a bird's this smooth, he's bound to get the girls.
The fox paused. He had better things to do. But maybe he could humor the "Lieutenant" for a bit. It wasn't like he got to see Pepper often lately...

James twirled the blaster around in his paw smoothly, before slipping it into his holster with a satisfying snap.

"Alright. Maybe I can stick around a bit longer. But lets drop the talk of joining up."

Zwolf
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
"Fine, fine..." Pepper replied, shrugging with his paws before walking out of his office. "It's down in the court yard. Let's go."

Falcory
Member Avatar
James followed after the hound causally. He wondered silently what kind of meeting Pepper could take normal visitors to.

Zwolf
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
"You don't seem all the interested," Pepper replied, walking along side James. "You don't have to come, y'know."

Falcory
Member Avatar
"I'm not all that interested in what the Army converses about." James admitted. "But we've hardly seen each other since the Academy Pepper. I figure that worth sitting through a boring meeting. What's exactly is the whole thing about?" he asked.

Zwolf
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
"The General is going to be giving a speech for all the new recruits that just graduated from the Academy. I was hoping it might convince you to join," Pepper explained, opening the door to the courtyard for him.

Falcory
Member Avatar
James sighed silently. He should turn around. Go on patrol. Somewhere he was probably needed. It certainly wasn't here.

"You just don't give up on me do you?" James said giving a slight smile to Lieutenant Pepper. "I wasn't interested then, I'm not interested now, and I won't be interested in the future. I'm not Army material. And Army material just isn't me."

Zwolf
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
Pepper let out a laugh. "Take a joke, James. If you don't want to join, you don't have to. I won't ask anymore."

Falcory
Member Avatar
"I'm afraid I'm going to have take you up on that offer." James said with a small laugh.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Pigma sat in his yellow spaceship, eating potato chips, as he was parked at a local refueling station. He listened to the music on the radio. "Heh! Kids and their music today!" he chuckled amusingly, as he grunted.

Zwolf
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
"After you," Pepper said, opening the door to the courtyard.

A large precession of soldiers lined the way to the central building of the Cornerian Army, all adorned with the same metals and uniform, all standing straight and proper in attention. The recruits, in various colored jumpsuits, entered the courtyard and made their way to their positions for the graduation ceremony.

At the front of the preceding, stood a middle-aged red fox, but still in the peak of his physical health. He watched as the recruits filed into their places, a grin on his face in admiration and pride.

"Welcome, to your first day into the Cornerian Army..." the General began his speak.

Pepper, only being a Lieutenant, was not required to participate in the preceding until later. "That's General Reinard," Pepper told to James, pointing to the redfox.

Falcory
Member Avatar
James looked at all the people standing in the courtyard. He spotted the General that Pepper pointed to and gave him a quick glance.

Zwolf
Member Avatar
CDF Sergeant Major
"They're two others that I know... Brigadier General Briggs," Pepper told him, pointing to the bulky crocodile standing along side the General. "And Major General Grants," Pepper said, pointing to the man on the other side. "They're only a few steps below the General. Briggs is the one that I report to right now. He's in charge of my division..." Pepper went on, explaining the ranks, and stars and plenty of other things that probably bored James out of his mind.

"Oh, and it looks like the General's daughter is here as well," Pepper said.

Behind the General was a young girl. A redfox, like her father, but her ears were slightly flatter and more off to the side, possibly having a little fennec in her. Her eyes were emerald green, a soft faced cupped by the slight curls of her hair passing down to her shoulders.

Julius Quasar
Member Avatar
CDF Commander of the Army
Pigma finished his chips, then threw the bag in the trash can, along with a small mountain of trash that had accumulated in the cockpit. When he was done, he placed the fuel pump nozzle into into his fuel tank. "Hey, could sumbuddy get number eight goin'!?" he called out. He tapped his foot, waited, and then someone pressed a double barrel shotgun to the back of Pigma's head. "Where's my damn money, you fat sack of pig s***!?" came an angry voice. Pigma saw who it was in the reflection of his cockpit visor, as he washed the last of the grime off of it with a squeegee and soapy water.

"Oh, hey thar, Gus! I was just fuelin' up!" he said to the Gus the cougar, the angry owner of the fuel station.

"You're not gettin' a drop until you pay me the balance on your tab! 4,500 Cornerian Credits! Payment due, fatty!" said Gus. Pigma dug through his glove compartment. "Lessee here....ah! There we go!" Pigma handed the crumpled bills into Gus' hand.

Gus propped the shotgun against the post, and counted the money. "5,000 Cornerian Credits...okay, after interest, you'll get you 50 Cornerian Credits worth o' gas. I'll set the pump for ya'." he said, running the card through the slot. Pigma fueled up, and when he was done, he said "Thanks fo' helpin' me out, Gus!" he said. "Pleasure doin' business with ya'! Now get lost! And don't come back unless ya' got the money! No more tabs for you!" said Gus, pointing his shotgun at Pigma.

Pigma left immediately...
Edited by Julius Quasar, Feb 16 2011, 08:34 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: