Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Lie 4 Death; A L4D2 mod with Kursed in it.
Topic Started: Feb 23 2011, 10:20 PM (2,173 Views)
Skorpeon
Member Avatar
Who, me? What makes you think I killed him?
I'm new here, so if I say or do anything offensive, I'm sorry in advance.

I'm making a mod from Left 4 Dead 2, still struggling with a name, but Kursed and Wolf, as well as Tails, are appearing in it as the main survivors.
And, unlike in the Star Fox games, and in the closed topic about portraying Krystal, she's not any of what's "wrong" with her

The way I'm portraying Kursed, is, yes she has a husband (Their daughter is another survivor), and no she is not dependent on him. Sure, she cries when he dies, and she wants to tell herself it's just a horrible nightmare when she sees his body, and when he's left outside the safe point, she threatens to kill the others. But who wouldn't?

Yet, in the opening cut-scene, she takes down the two strongest infected (Tank and Witch) almost single handed.

Her outfit reveals her tattoos on one arm, and you can see her stomach, she's got Capri's on and Iron Man boots. She has eight rings on, her tail rings, and two earrings in each ear.

When you control her, you can see what's on her rings; two having the Star Fox emblem, and another having the Star Wolf emblem, another is an infinity symbol, one is just a "tribal" one, one is what appears to be a small rodent skull, and one has the infamous L4D hand etched in it, and a "Class of 2154" ring. She has a bracelet on her right arm, a watch on her left (might tell time according to Steam), and she retains her ring-tails from SFA, but with revamped designs.

She will have the most unique animations, and the most ambiguous attitude.
She also can pick up infected's movement faster, she'll make bleak references to Fox, and anytime she refers to either Fox or Panther, she only calls them by their surname with the utmost hatred.

She also develops a want for death, laughing maniacally when she takes down a lot of infected with a chainsaw. She'll freak out when Wolf mentions Fox's name in any conversation, and she says she wants fox to die first when she's low on health.

overall, she's not powerless, useless, emo, or spiteful, but she still hates fox, she loves watching the Zombies die, and wants the chainsaw or crowbar the most (as they give over-the-top gore for those who haven't played L4D2).

And she's not going to be the only one;

Wolf will be in it too.
His story is that, while visiting Skorpeon and Kursed, the Green Flu broke out.
Him being a carrier, all it does is make him infected, but not a zombie, so he helps Kursed, Skorpeon, and their two children Shakirae and Miles, which brings us to two more of them;

Miles ditched Sonic's team at a young age, and lived with the RyDers for seventeen years, befriending the Star Zed Team. He doesent appear as he does with Sonic.
"Capital" Animals, as they're called, are much different than "Lower" animals. Capital's, when receiving a harsh emotional blow, will change considerably. Miles had two of these instances;
When he left Socic's gang, his fur turned from a yellow-orange to a bright silver.
and when his sister Reine was killed, his eyes turn a dark blood-red.

Shakirae is a die-hard Green Day fan, much to Wolf's annoyance, and sparks a hate-hate relationship between them. and since Kursed's mother was an albino, Shakirae got that gene. Bright white fur with pink eyes.

And Zoey, direct from L4D1;
She was left behind when Louis and Francis headed to the Florida Key's with Rochelle, Nick, Mendell, and Ellis. She joins the group quite by accident; nearly taking Skorpeon's head off, thinking he's a hunter.

and I'm struggling with a way to include an infected Fox.

This is to be a forum for Lie 4 Death, helpful comments, and overall ideas.
If you think something should be changed, post it.
If you want to comment, post it.
If you want to be a voice actor, PM me, I'll get back to you.

Evilwaffles
Member Avatar
Nhas berhu uhna'dha!
Stickied.

Feel free to post as many updates as you want. :) This is an interesting project, I don't like that Krystal is hommocidal and seems a bit over powered but that's my only complaint.

Looking forward to seeing some screenshots.

Edit: Lol at Tails being in this :P This should be interesting
Edited by Evilwaffles, Feb 24 2011, 07:08 AM.

Vixie Darkmatter
Member Avatar
Mercenary
Overall this seems to be a great mod. I must agree with EvilWaffles however that I'm not too fond of Kursed's sadistic and homicidal nature, but if you feel it may fit then it's worth a try.

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
Hope this site will be a bit easier for you when making updates, if something happens like last time just let me or one of the other staff members know.

Skorpeon
Member Avatar
Thans Angel.

Arashikage
Member Avatar
Shadow Element Lieutenant
I think that it's great that you're portraying a new side of Krystal that nobodies ever seen before. I think that it's a very great artistic twist, and it will definitely catch people off guard, keep up the good work, I'll be watching this topic =)

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
hmm... makes me wonder if anything is still in the works of 'Project Kursed'. Atis isn't really doing much these days and i think the most recent update there was back in june of last year... I still have the old lead Developer for it on my steam friends list so i might ask sometime.

So uhh... is there anything new planned or are you still looking for help?

Deleted User
Deleted User

If you are in need of a voice actor, look me up. I have always wanted to try it. Respond here or via PM if you have someone you could let me try (Tails is my favorite ;) )

Skorpeon
Member Avatar
After seeing "Krymson", I've decided to tweak Kursed a bit;
She'll retain her infamous purple hair, but for the same reason Tails went silver, and his eyes went blood red, her fur turned to a dark crimson, earning her her nickname Krymson.
If I get permission to use it, She'll become "Krymson" If not, well... :lookdown:

Also, I have voice actors for all three males, so I need female voice actors;

Zoey
Kursed herself
Shakirae.
Edited by Skorpeon, Mar 4 2011, 06:42 PM.

Skorpeon
Member Avatar
As of Monday, March whenever, 2011, Lie 4 Death is halting operation until further notice.

My brother found a Hardware Virus tied to a logic bomb.
basically, Virus is attacked, Virus fights back, erases System32 folder.
Now, windows won't boot, and the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows, which will erase EVERYTHING not in the C: drive.

Which is everything except my tools, programs, and text documents.

Steam, Lie 4 Death, my steam games, and current mods are all gone.

Unless someone can hack my computer and move all of the Lie 4 Death items into the C drive, Lie 4 Death is cancelled.

Until further notice, I'm just going to crawl into a little corner, and :cry:

OneWingedAngel92302
Member Avatar
A broken sword....
that sucks.... :(

Deleted User
Deleted User

Dude, just hook up that bad hard drive to a different computer (slave, or external USB case) and copy all your files to a safe place before you purge it.

Skorpeon
Member Avatar
Which won't work because I have the only desktop in the house.
My brother has a mac
My mom has a laptop
My dad has a Schlumberger-only laptop...
no help here for me...

Arashikage
Member Avatar
Shadow Element Lieutenant
Get Linux on your flash drive, transfer files to Mac via Linux on the Mac, problem solved

Deleted User
Deleted User

The laptop has USB, right? Get a case for the desktop harddrive that hooks it up to USB, copy the necessary files, and then purge and clean install Windows on it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Star Fox · Next Topic »
  • Pages: