Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
The Cornerian Bar on Galaxies; The stickied RP returns.
Topic Started: Feb 26 2011, 12:17 PM (24,064 Views)
Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Head General of the Marauder Corps
It was so strange, thought the Cerinian woman. Krystal Indari (NOT the Krystal from star fox, mind you) and her HK series droid, HK-65, walked down the street to the Cornerian Bar. Even as they walked, Krystal couldn't shake this... familiar feeling she had; a presence she'd not felt since the fall of Cerinia. She reached into her back pocket and retreived the last picture she had of who she was looking for. She'd already sent someone else to another region, and even paid him in advance, but she was losing hope that she would find him. Her love and her life, Kyle Indari, was supposed to be somewhere. She knew he'd survived the fall of Cerinia at the hand of the Necromyans, but...
Krystal's thoughts were interrupted when she reached the Cornerian bar. Taking note that weapons were not allowed, she unlimbered her H44 CAR and handing it to HK-65, she said, "HK, find a suitable spot and set up shop. Alert me to anything you think is a threat."
"Query: Of course, master. But where are you going?"
Krystal smiled. "For a drink," she said. If her HK droid got the joke, he didn't say anything as he left to find a suitable post. Krystal sighed, pushed open the door, and entered the bar. She had to find someone who knew Kyle... But who?

(Is there another Cerinian or someone who has delt with Kyle Indari Before here?)

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
... Krystal had to find someone who knew Kyle...
... found. An armored Cerinian with purple-dyed hair was the most likely to have information on Kyle. She approached her, trying not to give the impression she was assailing her, and sat down next to her.
"I... apologize for the abruptness of this, but..." she started, reaching into her pocket and retreiving her picture of Kyle, "... Have you seen and/or do you know anything useful about this person?" She slid the picture into Kursed's view.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kursed

Kursed looked over the picture Krystal had put into her view showing no emotion just as the bounty hunter always had when in this 'disguise' 'Should I reveal my true idenity?' She asked herself as she put a hand under her muzzle "Yes." She sighed "Is he missing?" Edited by Kursed, Mar 3 2011, 05:45 PM.

Krystal sighed mentally. So there *was* hope. "I wouldn't say that he's *missing*," she replied, "but I need to find him, regardless. Please, if you know something, tell me. I've not seen him in twelve years."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kursed
Mar 11 2011, 03:06 PM
Kursed's eyes would have widened if she were not in diguse as the bounty hunter she was "I'm sorry I have not seen him either." Kursed replied in her mind thinking about what could have happened to Kyle.

"Umm Reece what is up with your friend Rave i really don't like his attitude ,but why is he always like that?" Kadie asked.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do Sarah." Alex said as she walked off to the Arcade tail wagging slowly behind her as she turned around.
She's holding something back, Krystal thought. She has to have encountered him, or at least know someone who has.
"I'm... sorry. As I said, I've not seen Kyle in twelve years. I suspect--" Krystal stopped, her ears perking up, as though she heard something. No, she *sensed* something. A dark presence; a cold, malevolent hatred. Time seemingly slowed down as the bar door yielded to a dark figure standing in the doorway. Or rather, three dark figures. One was a Terran Dragonarian male wearing Gray Jedi robes, one was a half-human, half-Dragonarian female who wore brown Jedi robes, but the figure at the head of the group was, by far, the most different of the three. He wore a black fleximesh underlay under a set of customized Yaut'ja armor, with an infiltrator-grade PCD and a hunting mask that hid his scarred face from view. His snout was scarred in a few places, and he looked around the bar, regarding everything in there with suspicious eyes.
"Arr youk gon'innt tok fidn ah plache tok sit, orr arr youk juss gon'innt tok stadd thert?" asked the half-human female. The Yaut'ja-armored fox didn't respond directly. Instead, he turned sharply to a vacant booth and sat down.
Youk n'kenn, mekh fredt," the Terran Dragonarian told the fox, "weedren'innt thuuk armurr ad lukk'innt thi wai youk dok, youk'r juss askun'innt fer trublet."
The fox still didn't say anything, he just nodded. The Terran Dragonarian signaled a waitress, and spoke a passable standard.
"Waitress, could we get a few sodas over here?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
The doors of the bar parted to admit a new figure to the scene. The man was Cerinian, as far as anyone could tell - but he held the stance of a battle-hardened dragon-shifter. This was Kyle Indari.
But Kyle wasn't, however, normal - his eyes were red from crying, he had a fresh scar over his snout, and his face was twisted into a horrible expression of rage and hate. His sapphire-blue dragon eyes surveyed the faces in the room, finally spotting a vacant chair on the bar - far away from everyone else.
Kyle made his way to the aforementioned chair, sat down, and slapped a few credits down on the counter.
"Get me a Pepsi-Cola, please," he said to the bartender. Though he tried to conceal it, he couldn't hide the anger and grief in his voice. He tried in vain to wipe away fresh tears, but accidentally ruptured his fresh scar. Blood slowly leaked from the wound, even as he tried to clean it with a napkin.
It had been a long, hard road; he had endured countless battles, survived many different incursions behind enemy lines and for what? To come home, to what was supposed to be his wife - his love - only to find out she had been murdered.
Oh, he sought his revenge - he hunted the murderers down, killed them in cold blood, but in the end, it just left him tired and weakened. Not even the condolences of his comrades on team Star Dragon were enough. So he left.
He left his friends, the only family he had left, sought to isolate himself from them - but he had nowhere to go. And so, here he was, in the Cornerian bar, waiting for his first drink to drown his sorrow in carbonated sweetness.
As though to add to his sorrow, a slow melody began to play as he began to sing,
"Crowded streets are cleared away, one by one; Hollow heels separate as they run... You're so cold, keep your hand in mine; wise men wander while strong men die..."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Truthfully, BW, he was singing to himself - the melody was in his head. Probably should've mentioned that.)

Balsa's intrusion into Kyle's troubles would have provoked a violent response - but this was a public place, unlike the hideout his victims used. Even so, his response was no less hostile;
"Ne bespokoitʹsya voprosam, kotorye ne svyazany s vami," he growled. "Budʹte ushel, ili, klyanusʹ bogom, ya budu rvatʹ golovu s plech."
With that said, he drank his pepsi with trembling hands. But he didn't drink it all in one swig - he slowly sipped it, bit by bit. He was in no rush - he had nowhere to be, nothing important to do but sit and drink away the memory of what he could have been.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle wanted to lash out at Balsa - but he did not come here to fight. He came here to try and relax, difficult though it may be, to try and drown his pain. So, rather that start a fight with this person, and risk getting kicked out of the bar, he simply got up, wiping blood from his snout, and sat elsewhere at the bar, away from Balsa.
Kyle desired isolation - with no one to invade his solace. Under normal circumstances, he would have simply retreated to his JX70 and shut himself in; but these were not normal circumstances. He was in pain, and the only person capable of understanding his agony was forever gone. He was alone - and now, his mind was filled with thoughts of anger and vengeance; his hands drenched in the blood of all that he was, now dead. He now existed as the person he had been before joining team Star Dragon - cynical, hateful and cruel, as life and fate itself had been to him.
But this was not the place to dwell on such thoughts. He grabbed another napkin from the dispenser nearby, wiping the mixture of blood and tears away, only to have it replaced by more.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle had no intention on being bothered, but this person was significantly younger than Balsa, and Kyle felt compelled to be easier on her.
"Please," he pleaded, "Just... leave me alone." heaving a trembling sigh, he added, "Moi tovarishchi po komande Zvezda Drakon ne mog oblegchitʹ moyu bolʹ, i ya ne uveren, vy ili vasha matʹ mozhet sdelatʹ nichego luchshego."
He took another sip of his pepsi, not noticing the drop of mixed blood and tears dripping from his snout onto the counter. If Gracia noticed this, Kyle didn't know as he wiped it off the counter.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
The sudden yelp from Pal startled Kyle, nearly making him jump three feet in the air. His heart beat like a trip-hammer, even as he tried to get the bartender's attention.
"Bartender," he asked holding his glass in the air, "Can I get a refill over here?"
Kyle felt another drop of blood trickling down his snout from his scar, and wiped it away before it dropped to the counter.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle simply stared Gracia down from behind his sapphire dragon eyes. Finally, he closed his eyes, letting tears fall, and turned his head to the side, letting his ruptured scar on the left side of his snout become clear to see for Gracia. The blood slowly leaked from it, mixing with his tears as he silently mourned.
"Do what you must," he whispered.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
"It's... a long story," Kyle sighed. "Suffice to say... it involves the... death... of someone very dear to me." Kyle paused to wipe away tears, but it was a futile effort - no matter how much he tried to hide it, it was evident he was grief-stricken and angry. "And don't call me 'sir'," he added. "I deserve no such title."
Compassion from someone he didn't even know - Kyle never expected that. Would he be able to stomach telling her what troubled him? To tell her why he was so plagued by pain? He didn't know.
And it broke his heart to always be silent, as he had in years now past.

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle stifled a sob as he began, "My... life... is broken. I have been out with my team on ops taking us from one side of the galaxy to the other. We completed these... tasks, these contracts, whatever the hell they're called, we finished them... and when I could finally rest, I return to find my home destroyed and my family murdered, and the only explanations I had of it were those of a dying blind man.
"Oh, I... I sought my revenge, but in the end, my heart, too was... plundered... and I... was cursed... to live out the rest of my life... in the solitude I was forced to live in when Cerinia burned and died around me. So it happened once - and so it happened again. And I return to my team, broken as I am now, only to find they cannot seal the wound I carry because they do not understand it.
"And so, here I am, broken and hurt, trying desperately to find some peace of mind - to make peace with the torment and suffering I am forced to endure."
In his final statement, Kyle nearly broke down in tears. He was barely able to stop himself. "A man shouldn't have to bury his wife," he whispered. "He shouldn't be made to suffer endlessly like this. Like the Jedi who was exiled at the end of the Mandalorian Wars, I am forced to wander the galaxy alone, forsaking the companionship of those that care because they, themselves, cannot feel what I feel."

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Balsa's wise words hit home. Gracia's words were no different. When she embraced him, Kyle let loose a soft cry of agony, barely audible to anyone else in the bar save for Balsa and Gracia. Kyle clung to Gracia as he cried, and said in his Russian tongue,
"I vot ya dumal, vy by ne pomoshchʹ, Balsa." (And here I thought you would not care, Balsa.)
Kyle sniffled, wiping away a tear that irritated his scar. "I... don't mean to question your motives," Kyle asked Gracia, "But how is it you are willing to show such concern for a dragon-shifter like me - someone you hardly know?"

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
(Oh... my mistake.)

Star_Dragon
Member Avatar
Kyle was silent as Gracia held him. Though he never expected this, it was welcome regardless.
Kyle's ears twitched as a new band on-stage played a familiar tune - one he'd heard before:

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KniJ0nX5qHA&feature=related[/utube]

Yes, Kyle had heard this tune before; but he spoke nothing of it. He finally released Gracia from his grip, wiping away final tears and saying, "Thank you, tovarishch." His refilled glass of Pepsi came, and he took a sip from it. "Still," he added, "please - don't call me 'sir.' My name is Kyle."

(apologies for the cheesy youtube vid - it was the best one I could find.)
Edited by Star_Dragon, Aug 16 2011, 10:20 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: