Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
X

Latest Announcements

Welcome to StarFox Galaxies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can view the forum but cannot post anywhere. If you join as a member, you gain full access to our community and are able to post to your heart's content. Please be advised that your account will be MANUALLY approved by an administrator, so you won't gain access instantaneously. Rest assured we're on the case though!

We welcome all new members and take them into our family's open arms. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.
~SFG Staff

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Cold Darkness
Topic Started: Feb 27 2011, 10:56 PM (395 Views)
Kai
CDF Private First Class
(Sorry it took so long...comp went down with a virus. I'll also put my starting post in with this one, and it's the best I can think of at the moment.)

Peace...something that is often sought after with great determination. However, Peace is very hard to attain, and even harder to sustain. Just when things finally seemed like they'd reached a period of true peace on Corneria, dark rumors began to surface...worried whispers of dark creatures in the alleys of the slums at night, trails of blood in the snow, hushed talk of disappearences in the slums, and frigtened citizens and policemen reporting disturbing writings on the walls, written in blood.

It has been three weeks since these rumors began, and many of them are still whispered. The streets are barely populated at night, the people are scared, and the government, now growing short handed after devoting its resources to keeping the fear from exploding into a world wide panic, have contracted all manner of people to investigate these rumors, and see if they can put a stop to whatever is making citizens disappear, and hopefully bring calm and peace back to Corneria...

In the fading daylight of dusk, two people stood in an alley off of a vacant street, one was a bat dressed in stylish, regal looking clothing, and armed with what appeared to be swords, and the other was a younger ferret dressed in slightly punkish casual clothing.

The bat looked to the ferret "I can feel the darkness here...those abominations have definately been in this area in recent nights." he said softly, putting a hand to his chin.

The ferret nodded "I'd have to say I can feel it too, my lord." he said softly. The bat shushed him.

"Not so loud..." he said quietly, looking over his shoulder "Remember, we are not on Senshin...try not to toss around titles." he said softly. "Now...do you have any thoughts on how to continue?" he asked.

The ferret nodded "Yeah...we can't do this alone, no matter how good of a crack shot I am, or how skilled of a swordsman you are...we need to find some of the freelancers that this worlds government hired...if we work with them, we could be much more productive, and possibly help this world as well as ours...an alliance would be helpful." he said with a confident nod, though his face remained rather passive. "Though...I'm not entirely sure how we'd go about contacting any of them..."

Kursed
Member Avatar
Kursed aj rusb!
uhh was this presented?

Kai
CDF Private First Class
(Yeah. I just wasnt able to start it after getting enough people because my comp went down.)

Deleted User
Deleted User

On this particular night, Fukukuru, dressed in in a tight leather stealth outfit and holding out his sniper rifle was out patrolling the streets. His sharp eyes were on the lookout for any of the strange creatures he had heard so much about. Disbelieving some of the tales he heard about these so-called "feral" creatures, he was still cautious, as would any normal fox out on a cold winter night. He kept his nose to the air, to catch anything suspicious.

Stopping at a certain spot, he lowered his rifle and adjusted some of his clothing. "Damn, it's cold outside," he said, looking up at the lightly falling snow. "But it's peaceful. Almost too quiet."

Kai
CDF Private First Class
The bat and the ferret left their alley, discussing something between themselves. They stopped just outside the dim halo of a street light. The bat putting his hand to his chin again.

"Hmm...do you have it with you, by any chance?" he asked softly. The ferret nodded, producing a small glass jar from the pack he was wearing, a small black orb floating inside.

"Yeah...if I place this down in that alley, it'll attract a whole group of them. Then we can get them while they are distracted by it." He said confidently

"Now, be careful that you don't get overconfident. They may be basic, but they are still dangerous." the bat said simply. They continued to discuss their plans, showing that they obviously knew what they were doing.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fukukuru thought he heard a noise and whipped his rifle around, shining his laser sight on a group of... a bat and ferret? He lowered his rifle and turned back away, shaking his head. "I'm getting too jumpy," he said to himself.

Kai
CDF Private First Class
The bat and the ferret finally nodded to each other, and they both moved onto opposite sides of the alley. There was the soft sound of metal sliding across metal, and the bat unsheathed two high tech blades, each a polar opposite to each other. The ferret tossed the jar into the alley, breaking on the cold ice.

The ferret drew two different blaster pistols from his hips, looking over at the bat, who cautiously looked into the alley as the sounds of low growling could be heard. The two kept themselves pressed against the wall outside of the alley, with the bat and ferret seemingly communicating through hand signals. Within the alley, several figures were hunched over, making various growls and grunts as they looked over the small black orb that was released with the breaking of the jar.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fukukuru's ears pricked as he could hear the sound of breaking glass. Almost thinking nothing of it, his tail shot straight up when he could hear the growling. He whipped his rifle around and scanned his eyes over a seemingly empty street. He could smell them through the thick winter air alright, but where were they?

Kai
CDF Private First Class
Soon, the source of the growling made itself visible...Several "people", if they could even be considered so anymore... crawled from the alley. They were hideous, with dead white eyes and maws full of razor sharp, jagged teeth. Their pelts were non existant, replaced with a kind of black, sickly hide which was patchy and showed exposed muscle in spots. The first two of the creatures to wander into the dim street light were killed. The bat beheaded one with a kind of almost unnatural grace, while the ferret turned the other one's head into bits of ash.

Soon louder, more frenzied growling was heard from the alleyway as about five more creatures funneled out and scattered into the street, three facing the two who had killed two members of their small pack, and the remaining two acting as sentries, looking around for any new threats as the ferret and bat began to engage the creatures they had riled.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Suddenly, the head of one of the sentries exploded as a long pink trail of a bullet streaked past. The cocking of a rifle could be heard when a laser sight appeared on the head of the other.

"I hope you're ready to be sent back from the earth from whence you came," Fukukuru said under his breath as he took aim.

Kai
CDF Private First Class
The remaining four creatures regrouped, keeping close to one another. One darted out to attack the bat, who caught it in mid leap with a quick, precise slash of one of his blades. the creature flew unhindered past the bat, then split in two before hitting the ground. The last three now grew frightened...their already primal insinct now switching over to the most basic concept, fleeing.two darted towards the alleyways, and one went for the rooftops by climbing on a building wall.

The ferret opened fire on the two fleeing into the alleway, while the bat watched the one climbing as his rather large wings, black as night itself, unfolded and he took off like a shot, forcably throwing the last one down to the floor.

"Even if the other two get away...you will not." the bat said calmly, landing down on the ground next to the now heavily injured creature, who was now incapable of fleeing due to being heavily crippled. The creature didn't even growl anymore...it just stared at the bat. "Hmm...you're still inside of there...aren't you?" The bat said, now focusing his attention completely on the creature.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fukukuru tracked the feral creatures to a certain alley way as the one he was trained on suddenly retreated. "Oh, no, you're not getting away from me!" she shouted as he gave chase into the alley. He barreled down the alley, past the same bat and ferret, who were also combating these creatures and rounded a corner. A shot was heard, and he calmly walked back out.

Kai
CDF Private First Class
The bat stood, looking at Fukukuru. "You are quite skilled." he said calmly. The creature that was at the bats feet stirred softly. The bat looked down "Shh. rest." he said softly. He motioned to the ferret, who walked to Fukukuru

"Yeah. I'm guessing you're one of the guys the government hired to investigate this mess?" he asked. The bat began making strange gestures with his hands over the creature, who began to glow a soft blue as the blackness seeped away from it, and it began to restore to a normal male wolf. The bat helped the wolf up onto his feet, and then gave him a gentle nudge.

"Leave this dark place." he said in a soft tone. The wolf nodded uickly.

"I've got a brother who lives uptown...I'm out of here! Thank you...whoever you are!" he said quickly, running off down the street. The bat smiled softly, sheathing his blades and crossing his arms.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fukukuru nodded to the comment and was almost ready to put the last creature out of its misery when the ferret walked up to him and asked the question. "Me? from the Government? I'd rather become one of them," he motioned to the dark creature, "than work for the Government. I'm one of those guys who decided he was harassed by these creatures long enough and decided to do something about it."

He was just about to raise his rifle again when he saw the bat just in time performing a strange ritual and watch with wonder as the creature slowly transform back to normal.

When it ran off, he dropped his rifle. "My god," he said, "So we finally have some hope after all."

Kai
CDF Private First Class
The bat smiled kindly "There is always hope. You merely have to find it." he said calmly. The ferret smiled at Fukukuru

"I'm Jonas, and that miracle worker over there is my friend, Kai." he said with a smile.

Kai nodded "It's good to see that someone has the courage to stand up and investigate what's going on on this world." he said quietly. "It's unfortunate that being able to purify the corrupted is rare." he added.

Jonas nodded "Yes... and you are the only one who has knowledge of purifcation spells." he said simply.

Kai nodded, looking to Fukukuru "What's your name, friend?" he asked

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Rp Thread Archives · Next Topic »
  • Pages: